ORFFF 2019 MSD trade and draft discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Jun 4, 2019.

Tags:
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Has someone worked out what time that will take effect, and which player will be autopicked?

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

per the Free Agents list posted earlier, and applying the 18 hour time limit Andrew Phiilips will be a Dropbear if @stowie is not on before 533pm

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

Agreed, and it also shouldn't be any issue for a team with an average age of 22 (ie the Avengers) whereas the 29ers is still north of 26.

• Like Like x 1
  4. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Hey @ViQBoZ I delisted 3 players but have only got 2 picks in the draft, could you change it so that I round 3 pick is blank so I can take a pick, cheers

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheTassieHawk

Get your trade offers rolling once more Triple F'ers

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

The 29ers updated trade block post the MSD

Over 30's - we still have 7, all are available if the offer is attractive enough

Newly drafted players - all are available, Brown and Powell as my first 2 would be worth the most but the price won't be super high. If the playing assets received back can improve my best 15 a PSD pick upgrade would be on offer.

Younger fringe players - can either be traded for a slightly (ie 1-4 years) older player and position swaps would be OK

Inured players - if you aren't in it to win it this season see if you can offer a player of slightly lesser value as a straight swap for one of my injured players. Similarly if the player received is of the same value I would be happy to do the deal for a small pick upgrade to you.

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...RUC&salary=0&name=&up_code=&tsLeagueTeamId=58

Pick swaps - will always consider these as standalone deals if I see value in the offer

Currently holding all of the 29ers 2020 PSD and 2020 MSD picks

Please pm me to discuss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Nothing changes for the Boozers. Still up for any trades that help improve our starting 15. Burgess is now gone and two youngsters in Clarke and Rotham have joined the ranks.

• Like Like x 2
  8. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Missed the draft so will have to make up in the trade period.

We've got young players, we've got old players. We've got good players, we've got...even gooder players. Plenty on the list to suit everyone and anyones needs.

Will even consider ambitious offers for the likes of Witts if there is anyone feeling adventurous or bold out there but will have to be really good.

Main focus is improving our starting side as in win-now arms race with a whole bunch of other sides. Failing that PSD draft pick improvement.

• Like Like x 2
  9. leematty1

Very disappointed with this deal to be honest.

10. TheTassieHawk

I see the Menegola deal as unbalanced in favour of the Noahs but not all will agree. I think it is fair to contend that the Wedgies likely return via auction would have been much greater but will NOT be vetoing the trade.

Perhaps all coaches can be polled in the next few days or the ORFFF Committee can discuss whether we need trial a blanket rule moving forward that for a player to be traded they need to be named as "on the table" in a trade block for at least 24 hours to be eligible to be traded. This removes the need for a coach to kick the tyres with all 16 coaches regularly throughout every trade period - when several are not regularly active - and would be much more preferable to forcing every player (or even just the high value ones) to auction.

I think this is a fairly minor requirement that would in future somewhat remove the frustration of seeing valued players being traded at perceived unders which in my opinion has significant impacts at both ends of the ladder.

• Like Like x 1
  11. leematty1

My issue is not just with what I also feel is extremely unbalanced, but the fact I have been after Menegola and had multiple discussions for him. I was still awaiting a response from over a week ago where I was offering Ryder as part of a deal where I was told a playing ruck or forward was most pressing. Then to see he had been traded for Bonner who probably doesn’t even play for port this week really baffles and disappoints and my discussions just ignored while this other deal that contradicts what the coach was actually wanting for him in the first place.

• Like Like x 1
  12. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

All sounds like sour grapes to me but if any coach feels a trade is unbalanced more than "reasonable" then make your mark an VETO it.
    The other option is to put a Voodoo hex or Point the bone at those that have vexed you, hopefully when you play them next they all score donuts.

• Like Like x 3
  13. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

You are looking at this from the view of wanting Menegola, as someone who rebuilt I look at the trade in the other direction. If I went looking to bring in a young, high upside best 22 player I would expect to be quoted a steep price like this. Every time I ask anyone for a young kid who barely plays I get asked for Heeney back. And I'm not sure your trade of Brodie was that far different in value really.

Not having a go at anyone, just debating semantics really. Regardless the trading block seems a bit extreme. I'm not sure we need coaches to get approval to trade players. It's incumbent on each coach to get the best value for themselves and the veto is there if it's wildly uneven.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I agree mostly.
    One of the ongoing frustrations in all fantasy leagues is communication between coaches, specifically as it relates to trades..
    Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about that, all you can do is mark down the other party for trade reliability and trade with others by preference.
    I found it extremely frustrating early on, as someone whom is on here a lot and most overcommunicates it was doing my head in.
    These days I just shrug and move on to another target, legitimately it's the only thing you can do.

There is also nothing wrong with a coach negotiating with multiple coaches for the same player, I've been there many times and at the end of the day the reality is some people will prefer one option over another for reasons of their own. Again nothing wrong with that, it's well established fact that people will pay more for players based on need, homeboy, inside knowledge etc etc and that is their right, it is also the right of the other coach to accept overs or unders.

Re tabling trades, I am definitely against that, we'd turn every trade into a quasi auction and I'd hate to go there for many reasons.

Re Veto, I do not believe veto exists for any reason other than what the person wanting to veto deems cheating.
    There is zero authoritive refernce that establishes a players exact value, there are far to many variables in play, and therefore what is valuable to one person will mostly be in a range of less, similar and more value to another, that's just a reality you have to accept in a keeper league. I have had many players on my lists that I couldn't really justify other than I WANTED them, and I paid "overs" knowingly and happily for most.
    Pretty much all of us in ORFF have been on the end of winning, losing and breakeven trades, shit is what it is.
    I also know exactly which coaches work towards a breakeven trade by nature and try to trade mostly with those people.

Essentially @leematty1 I get your frustration and angst, but that's the nature of the game we play.

• Like Like x 1
  15. leematty1

Agree @Len. Just frustrated when I don’t get a response for over a week and the player is traded elsewhere for what I would have offered more than that deal.

And @YAD69 you might see it as sour grapes, but I just think it’s rude. Such as your comment to me in the draft when I took 5 hours for a selection. I propably have the shortest average time to make a selection throughout all the drafts we have had, so comments like that are uncalled for in my opinion. Frankly is this kind of stuff that frustrates me here. I’ve been very active, I post my teams almost every single weeks when others never do. Every trade period I generally reach out to every coach even though half never respond, so I believe I play my part in always making this a friendly and fun place.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

Yep, no doubt we all feel the same mate from each person's own viewpoint, is what it is, roll with it or you'll get a headache :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

From the rules for this league:

4(f) Trades will be cancelled if 4 ORFFF coaches believe the trade is unbalanced in favour of one of the participating teams and cast a veto vote in the relevant thread.

4(g) Teams will have 48 hours to veto a trade (e.g. If a trade is proposed at 2.15pm on a Tuesday, ORFFF coaches have until 2.15pm on a Thursday to cast their votes). The ORFFF Commissioner or Trading & Lists Manager will announce the trade is cancelled if 4 vetos were posted in the timeframe.

Read more at http://tooserious.net/forum/threads...l-federation-rules.89340/#ILyRYTmxSkWG1CEY.99

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheTassieHawk

For clarity I am not proposing a trading block in any extreme fashion or suggesting any mandatory auction - quasi, public, private or otherwise.

I don't think it is too much to be asking for a 5 minute commitment every trade period to post something like "the following 6 (or 8 or 10 or 12 or 14) players are open for discussion". If you don't post then others don't waste their time in sending unsolicited offers for all 450 players not on their list and the active teams (I would hope it would be all 15 others) trade amongst themselves.There would be nothing stopping any coach listing all 30 players.

In this instance assuming both had posted then I would then contact KI Guy for Bonner or Bear for Menegola depending on whether I am buying young or old. I most likely miss out on both players due to offering unders for Menegola and not rating Bonner much at all and in most cases I would not be getting in contact in time if a deal is concluded quickly.

Given there is no support for the proposal to date a poll seems a waste of time. So maybe we just put the lid back on the can of worms I unintentionally opened and I get back to plotting how to find enough painkillers and Band-Aids necessary to field a team of 15 for the remaining 4 rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  19. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

I have put your suggestion, from earlier in the thread, to the board for consideration. Will advise.

20. Len

I know the rule, I think it's horseshit and and stated my opiion :)