Last Drinks

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by YAD69, Aug 1, 2019.

1. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

With the last round upon us this week there are some very interesting matches which could have a significant impact on the ladder to finish the season and dictate who plays who in the final series.

Vikings (1) take on the Prospectors (14)
    Now don’t let the position 14 where the Prospectors still fool you that the Vikings will have a cake walk far from it. You are only as good as your last game and that was 1,268 to 1,238. Now the Vikings will have Rampe out with an eye injury, that a 100 point player. Will Finlayson come in or Bailey Williams? I reckon no changes for the Prospectors. Is there an upset on the cards?

Whalers (18) host the Sandgropers (9)
    This will be a low scoring affair if last week’s scores are an indication. The Gropers would love the win to try and sneak into the top 8. The Gropers will be sweating on Big Mummy however they have the hand-cuff with Flynn and Briggs or even bring back in Ryder into the ruck. However their main worry in forwards no Drew, Fogarty and of course Stephenson. While the Whalers have bounced from 1,300+ to below 1,000 within 3 weeks so anything could happen.

Barcrawlers (6) have the Armadillos (4) to contend with.
    The Dillos will need to replace Luke Ryan but with who? Most probably Perryman as we haven’t seen the others. The coach will want more from his forward line to ensure he stays in the top 4. The Banchang boys are trying to replicate the Barracuda’s form from 2015 by winning the Granny with no ruck, who will face the Bearded on to set the tone of the match. Output increases are needed from Langdon, Dahlhaus and Hggins as they will be playing final series and you need another gear that that to survive.
    Bulls (3) have the Smugglers (17) for Stagg Horn they’ll consolidate their top 4 finish for the year and loom as the dark horse for the flag. Unfortunately it’s not going to be a lovely Christmas for the budgie Smugglers, even with JJK bagging a truck load of goals last week it still wasn’t enough to make any dent to last weeks opposition.

Monarchs (11) crack on against the Bunyips (13)
    This match is about pride as it won’t have any impact on the ladder so who will be sticking their hand up to ensure they have a contract next year? For King Island Cotchin will most probably miss the action however they may even get away with no replacement as the Blanchetown will be without their big tapper O’Brien and only an Out Of Position player may even take up the challenge.

The Prairie Dogs (12) will be snapped at by the Crocs (5)
    Cow Bay will have their hands full with especially if Witherden doesn’t pass the medical and can’t get on the field and rumours are being thrown around that Lycett will be rested for the final series, interesting move if true. If Hughenden keeps Sandi on the park their in with a chance to have a win to finish the season, another season of just being unlucky.

The Barracuda’s (10) banging against the Buffalos (16)
    Another game that will have little bearing to the ladder and both teams will want to finish the season with a win. With an average score of 1,050 for the last 4 games the Serengeti lads are struggling this year, such a drop from their 2017 form, especially with no ruck as well. Weekend at Charlie may play, Kelly’s out, and playing some young bison. The Cuda’s are kicking themselves, losing some high scoring games in round 6 and 7 has meant that they are not in the final series since the first year of the comp, especially that they have the 5th highest points for but sit 10th. Stanley should be back however Phillips is out who should be easily replaced by Graham.

Panthers (8) versus the Grenades (2)
    In a match that could significantly change who gets into the top 8 and potentially who is crowned Minor Premier this is the match of the round. It’s be the Gisborne affair in 2019, they’ve been very steady all year and I can’t see that changing for this week or the final series. For Pearcedale they’ve had 3 losses on the trot and one to the Gropers who are looking to capitalise on the kittens who could fall short of making it into the top 8.

Blowflys (7) tussle the Parasites (15)
    Pakenham like other clubs that don’t have a playing ruck are struggling this year and averaging around 1,100 for the last 4 rounds will struggle again against the blokes from Korumburra. The Flys can still push out scores of 1,250+ even with a player down however they will be hoping to Keath, Florent and Menegola are back to ensure that they also stay in the top 8 and continue a march for another final birth.

Comments, discussion, rock throwing, beer drinking it's all aloud here, post away.

• Like Like x 8
  2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Nice work @YAD69
    I especially like that you've adopted my "budgies" nickname for our friends from Christmas Island.

While the mighty Prospectors would love to have a win over the Nutsy ones, we're much more focused on a high PSD pick, so will be doing our best to lose this one by as much as possible! ;););)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

I don't reckon anyone would want to be playing the gropers if they manage to sneak in to finals

• Like Like x 1
  4. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Very kind of you, but with no Hurley, McVeigh, Dev Smith, Wallis, Stephenson or Ebert I’d only be making up the numbers. I’d even pick me as my opponent in the first round as I reckon I’d be a lock to win...or draw at least :D

• Like Like x 1