TS 2019 Trading Games Update

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Aug 6, 2019.

By stripey on Aug 6, 2019 at 9:35 AM
  1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Well, its been a long season and with only 3 weeks to go, its time to recap how the TS Trading Games comp is going.... After being the Top Dog for the majority of the season, my daughters team *cough* got overtaken last week and I've fallen further behind... I ran out of trades 3 weeks ago so will be interesting to see how my backup fares... I already have Luke Ryan on the bench and have carried Jelly as well... No more injuries please!!!

It would be good to put some names to some teams.... so pls add in the comments and let us know how many trades y'all have left!

upload_2019-8-6_9-31-16.png
    upload_2019-8-6_9-34-29.png

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by stripey, Aug 6, 2019.

1. stripey
      stripey
      My team... need Logue to keep getting games and Jezza Cameron to return... Jelly was supposed to provide looping options but I currently have all mids playing... perhaps he replaces Hately...
      upload_2019-8-6_9-35-26.png
      • Like Like x 1
    2. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Yeah my son’s team, Matt’s Marvels has had a solid season. Better than my own SC team. :rolleyes:
      One trade left and not much cash so no stand out options to improve the team. No injury issues atm and have cover in def and mid. Hendo is my biggest issue but no point trying to correct him now. Will struggle to catch Stripey let alone challenge for first. Been a great, competitive season overall.
      Best of luck to Maria and Ella!
      • Like Like x 2
    3. Len
      Len
      Also ran out of trades 3 weeks ago and been dropping back ever since, good luck to those at the pointy end :)
      upload_2019-8-6_13-1-38.png
    4. stripey
      stripey
      a couple of interesting selections there @Len .... a shame that Lycett got dropped for being in career best form too :D
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Len
      Len
      Pretty sure Port use a bloody ouija board for selection!
      • Like Like x 1
    6. ike2112
      ike2112
      I'm not sure some of the teams were valid at start of year, certainly the team leading in round 3 or 4 I know didn't start with the correct side.

My wife's side "I didn't pick one" was giving my own team an absolute pasting in the head-to-head; until 3 of the last 4 weeks (by which point I'd given up on my own side) which is kinda annoying... now even in my public league this week my score would have beaten all but 1 team - the opponent I had in finals.

She's been ranked 76th, 150th and 293rd in individual rounds but it was always to drag back from a horrendous start; in order to separate from the masses I immediately traded Grundy to Nank so that I could get in Sheed, convinced he was going to breakthrough to being a top 10-12 mid...
      Still, Duursma and McLean offered great bench cover this week, it was more Mundy that let me down. A couple better-timed trades during the year and I'd have Whitfield, Bont and Walters in there instead of Rocky, Ryan and Mundy, but meh.

upload_2019-8-6_22-43-25.png
      • Like Like x 1
      • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
    7. stripey
      stripey
      I managed to make up 32 points this weeks but still 85 behind with 2 weeks to go...
      upload_2019-8-12_9-53-6.png
      • Like Like x 1