ORFFF 2019 - The Big Dance

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by That KI Guy, Aug 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Noahs have thrown the kitchen sink as well as other assorted appliances in an effort to stay in touch with the Badass Bettongs.
    A bridge too far despite some second half heroics from a battered Nick Haynes.
    Grats to @port_leschenault for a blockbuster GF.

• Like Like x 2
  2. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

B...but, didn't I beat the Woylies?

Congrats @port_leschenault but I'm going to have to stop you doubling up on the silverware in a weeks time.

• Like Like x 4
  3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Ah wow. What a weekend this has been! Such a hard season and looking at the table so many really tough opponents, it could have been anyone in this spot and nearly was so many times!

I'll leave the more in depth analysis to others but that Elliot "Norm" Yeo fella goes alright, and the whole team, despite some notable problems, has been brilliant, I've enjoyed this list heaps.

Commiserations @That KI Guy that was a tough, close match and a lot of your players really stepped up, you were never out of it at all until the end - and just as we both had players we'll be charging a ticket fee to for doing nothing but ball watching.

I can hear the orchestra now, so thanks everyone for the season and extra cheers goes to those who've helped admin throughout.

• Like Like x 7
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Well done @port_leschenault ! A remarkable achievement. You drafted so well in our inaugural draft, setting yourself up for this glory

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

It was great to see the Grand Finalists providing a close contest after 3 blowout GF margins in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Commiserations to the Noahs @That KI Guy for back to back GF losses (echoing Drouin of 2016 and 2017) while the ultimate prize goes to the Woylies @port_leschenault who overcame all the challenges thrown at them throughout the finals series and have broken through in what is sure to be a long and success filled premiership window.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

From afar it seems that the Woylies strategic youth drive in the initial draft has been supplemented by savvy trading, drafting and list management over the last 7 drafting and trading periods. As good as they are now in 2020-22 I suspect that they will be a lot better.

• Like Like x 2