FU Trade Rewind

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by tyze1, Aug 27, 2019.

1. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Coaches, following the completion of the FUs sixth year I thought I'd start up a post so we can look at some of 'those' trades of days gone by. Feel free to add your own feel good or horror stories!

I'll kick off with some

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

2 November 2014 - The Bulls & Aramadillos strike a controversial trade @insider

Bulls - Congilio
    Aramdillos - Dahlhaus & PSD 17 (Eli Templeton)

Whilst seemingly paying overs at the time Coniglio is now one of the prime movers in the AFL, Dalhahus has remained a serviceable forward whilst Templeton is no longer on an AFL list.

In my eyes the Bulls take the points on this one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

24 October 2014 - Fear the beard @fresh @insider

Cow Bay - 2015 PSD 36 (Josh McGuinness) & 2015 MSD 16 (ontraded as part of deal to secure Blake Acres. For the record SCS took Jordan Roughead with this pick)
    Ararat - Max Gawn & 2015 MSD 20 (ontraded with Brad Sheppard to land Isaac Smith - For the record Hughenden took Nick Graham with this pick)

Holy shit balls the things that get lost in the past! Hindsight tells us what an astute trade this was by Ararat. There is a clear winner here as the beard is comfortably in the top 2 ruckman in the game

• Like Like x 3
  4. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

If only I could erase the first couple of FU years...oh the horror

5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Man, I have too many to name...:oops:

6. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

In today's first installment we track Banchang & the well traveled PSD 27 in Oct 2014

PSD 27 exchanged hands four times with 4 teams involved @wrightbrendan @DamoH in this trade period and funnily enough the Barcrawlers @choppers were involved in everyone of these trades - all in all the final wash up was as follows...

upload_2019-8-28_13-37-47.png

PSD 27 for the record was Paul Ahern who despite 2 knee recos and 2 clubs is starting to entrench himself in the kangaroos lineup. For mine a clear winner here!

• Like Like x 4
  7. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Special, Delicious - November 13 2014

@eagle_eyed may have self reported yesterday however was scant on any detail, however in delving through the trades achieves this little beauty presented itself

'Southern Cross trade Matt Crouch,PSD (15) & 1st round MSD to Nuytsland for Cyril Rioli'

PSD 15 was subsequently ontraded where Staghorn Flat picked up a young draftee in Lachie Weller which MSD 7 was used on Liam Picken

In effect Matt Crouch, Lachie Weller & Liam Picken were traded for C Rioli. 2015 and 16 were great years for Cyril however injury caught up with the little marvel and quelled his output in 2017 & 18 prior a shock retirement at the end of 2018.

• Like Like x 3
  8. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

That was one of the deals I had in mind. Not fussed on missing Weller & Picken, however Matt would look good alongside his brother in an SCS jumper. That deal was just doubling down, as the only reason I had Matt was because I traded Buddy for him & Sam Day :( Then I needed a forward so traded for Cyril :(, then ended up delisting Day and we all know what happened with Cyril. So in the end I lost badly on both deals :( I really need to use some different emojis, but when reflecting on some of my deals I just feel hollow :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Fun read, nice work @tyze1
    Slow work day today so I've had a bit of a trawl through the archives. How about these two..

@fresh Cow Bay Crocs out: Gary Ablett and Matt Crouch to @ddsaints Pakenham Parasites for: Andrew Swallow, Jon Patton and Curtly Hampton...

and not to be outdone;

@DamoH Xmas Island Smugglers out: Jarrod Witts, Nick Vlastuin and pick 39 to @Tomster Gisborne Grenades for: Ivan Maric, pick 23 and Gisborne's 2nd round MSD. With pick 39 Tomster picked up Brayden Fiorini while pick 23 was Matthew Kennedy...

and I couldn't let myself off the hook;

Serengeti out: Shannon Hurn to DamoH for: George Horlin Smith. :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  10. DamoH

DamoH Well-Known Member

Oh holy Jeebuz! I remember it was Witts for Maric, but forgot I chucked in Vlastuin as well...o_O

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  11. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

https://giphy.com/gifs/civil-war-stony-superhusbands-LCkcD7Rf0xU9q
    https://giphy.com/gifs/scared-family-guy-stewie-cEOG7nGA7448M

• Like Like x 1
  12. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I traded Tom Mitchell so I think I win

• Like Like x 2
  13. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Not a trade, but I delisted Lachie Hunter (at the end of our first season I think) because I thought he was too fringe and not performing well enough, but decided to keep Tory Dickson instead, as he had more upside.
    That was a really good call.

• Like Like x 1