TS NBA Fantasy 19/20

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by stowie, Aug 8, 2019.

1. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Would love to be involved in a keeper league!

2. stowie

stowie Moderator

Thanks for setting that up, so good being able to watch all the games with SBS On Demand.

Just looking at the NBL scoring system... anyone else think they stole it from us here a couple of years ago?! Feels like we had a real similar setup at one point.

upload_2019-10-7_13-38-50.png

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rad_E_Cool

Rad_E_Cool Active Member

It's very similar! The -0.5 for a miss and 4 for a steal (I think we had 5) are the only differences that come to mind. Team wins may have been 1 point too.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

5. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Keen for keeper league.
    Ps. If doing an initial auction. Plan to have a few hours spare as by memory each bid resets clock.

6. stowie

stowie Moderator

Oh yeah, that initial draft took FOREVER... I'd vote for just a normal snake draft instead. ESPN has such limited draft times for Aussies so starting at 11pm, we wouldn't finish til after 2am!

7. tasho

tasho Member

I agree regarding the snake draft over the auction. Also if we wanted to keep more players cycling through the draft does it make more sense to nominate a small number of players you can keep for however long you want and everyone goes back, say 3,4,5 players? I was thinking that at least for the first few years the prices set to keep were pretty low and everyone would just be kept

8. protraj

protraj New Member

I'm in for the keeper league. I like the idea of the auction draft!

9. Jmulldihno

Jmulldihno New Member

Dynasty leagues are best and most interesting being run by Auction drafts IMO, and I for one would not be interested in a dynasty league run via snake draft and pick penalties for keepers. We are also quite time poor, so the conditions of the league weren't really up for debate otherwise we will never get anything running.
    We have tried the keeping of players for however long you wish before and the league petered out due to the good players on great deals never going back into the draft pool. After a bit of research this seems to be the consensus to keep players engaged and the league going strong.

I do however agree with you and Stowie that 11pm for an auction draft is going to be a late one, even for us fantasy snuffs!

The only way around that given it will be impossible to find a time on Sunday arvo that everyone would be available to draft, is to take the league over to yahoo. Would people be willing to do that? If not then might have to aim for next year with some earlier planning.

10. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I've got leagues on 7 platforms now (various sports) would prefer to stay on one I'm already using ie espn in this case, can we not start at 9pm?

11. Jmulldihno

Jmulldihno New Member

No unfortunately earliest draft time is 11pm in Aus. ESPN are absolute shite in this regard..

12. Len

No worries, is what it is, will just have to give up whiskey that night :)

13. tasho

tasho Member

I’m going to have to pull out then unfortunately. Sorry jmull, hopefully the couple of others in this thread can replace me

14. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Wow Len, I don't think you are committed to this alcoholism bit too seriously. :eek::p

15. Len

:cool: My Dad always told me, "If you are going to do something do it properly"

• Like Like x 1