TS Fantasy NBA: '19/20 Draft Results

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Oct 21, 2019.

By anthak on Oct 21, 2019 at 12:55 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Below are the results of the four drafts held Sunday 20th October.

If a player went undrafted, I gave them a draft position of 157.

The colour code is as follows:
    Biggest reaches!
    Red = roughly more than 1.4 x std.dev less than the ADP
    Yellow = roughly between 1.2 x and 1.4 x std.dev less than the ADP

Biggest bargains!
    Green = roughly more than 1.4 x std.dev greater than the ADP
    Yellow = roughly between 1.2 x and 1.4 x std.dev greater than the ADP

All in all, there were 182 players selected between the four leagues.
    133 of those players were selected in all four leagues.
    There were 20 players selected in just one league.
    The top 3 players all had the same ADP!
    The top 10 players were all selected in the top 11 of every draft, but outside those it became a lot more varied.
    The lowest standard deviation was held by Nikola Jokic who was selected at #6 in three drafts, and at #5 in Div 1.
    The highest standard deviation was held by Victor Oladipo who went at #145 in Premier, #66 in Div 1, and #118 and #90 in the two Div 2 leagues.
    The lowest ranked player who was selected in all four leagues was Dennis Smith Jnr, with an ADP of 145.
    The lowest ranked player selected in just three leagues was Coby White, ADP 149, but not selected in Div 1.
    The lowest ranked player selected in just two leagues was Dwayne Bacon, who was selected at #155 in both Premier and Div 1, but went undrafted in both Div 2 leagues.
    The lowest ranked player was Jeff Green, who was selected with the last pick of the Div 2, Con 2 draft, and went undrafted in all three other leagues.
    The highest ranked player selected only in Premier was OG Anunoby, selected at #131.
    The highest ranked player selected only in Div 1 was Tristan Thompson, selected at #120.
    The highest ranked player selected only in Div 2, Conf 1 was Jae Crowder, selected at #123.
    The highest ranked player selected in only Div 2 Conf 2 was Aron Baynes, selected at #148.
    The highest ranked player selected in only two leagues was Nickeil Alexander-Walker who was selected at #147 in Div 1 and #103 in Div 2 Con 1.
    The highest ranked player selected in only three leagues was DeAndre Hunter who had an ADP of 120 but went undrafted in Div 2 Con 1.
    The highest ranked player who went undrafted in Div 2 Con 2 was Derrick Rose who had an ADP of 131.
    The highest ranked player who went undrafted in Div 1 was Bogdan Bogdanovic who had an ADP of 139.
    The highest ranked player who went undrafted in Premier was Al Farouq Aminu who had an ADP of 132.

Some of the biggest reaches (compared to the other leagues) were:
    Premier:

Blake Griffin, #27 @stowie
    Derrick Favors, #50 @Rad_E_Cool
    Wendell Carter Jnr, #55 @anthak
    Jaylen Brown, #87 @ddsaints

Div 1:
    Caris Lavert, #59 @dabombers
    Jeff Teague, #77 @That KI Guy
    Dewayne Dedmon, #82 @nicksnow
    Rui Hachimura, #96 @crossy

Div 2, Con 1:
    Eric Bledsoe, #49 @Lano24
    Eric Gordon, #111 @David Hocking

Div 2, Con 2:
    Al Horford, #28 @Aram
    Joe Ingles, #45 @Aram
    Dwight Howard, #80 @Jacob Doole
    Reggie Jackson, #113 @Jacob Doole
    Tyler Herro, #118 @Daniel Sprigg

Some of the biggest bargains (compared to the other leagues) were:
    Premier:

Enes Kanter, #101 @headmandude
    Joe Harris, #156 @smokinjoemisiti

Div 1:
    Spencer Dinwiddie, #129 @ViQBoZ

Div 2, Con 1:
    James Harden, #4 @Jasmine
    Andre Drummond, #21 @Jasmine
    Montrezl Harrell, #50 @rodgo
    Kevin Love, #68 @HargyBear
    Jarrett Allen, #101 @HargyBear

Div 2, Con 2:
    Jayson Tatum, #60 @Bencadams23
    Khris Middleton, #64 @JaaayJaaay
    Terrence Ross, #120 @WingMan

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by anthak, Oct 21, 2019.

• Tags:
    1. anthak
      anthak
      @WingMan mustnt have been happy with his drafting, he’s already dropped 8 players!! :confused:
      :eek:

Damn! o_O
    2. Steve
      Steve
      From what I saw yesterday, the Lakers will be lucky to win the first round of the playoffs. Have zero bench depth scoring wise and that was the difference between the 2 teams yesterday.

Rockets, Clippers, Jazz, Nugs, Blazers all have better scorers on the bench. Lebron and Monobrow are going to have to carry them big time.
      • Like Like x 2
    3. stowie
      stowie
      Only one game in, Kuzma and Rondo to comeback and help with depth, oh and I think playoff Lebron will still be a massive force!

Clips did look good though, this is going to be a fun season.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. HargyBear
      HargyBear
      Hi did the draft comparisons get posted up somewhere? I can’t seem to find them!? Keen to see if how the Div 2 draft compared with the other divisions!
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Sorry, not yet, I’m still working on it, but might be able to get it finished today.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. HargyBear
      HargyBear
      Looks like I’ll have to carry my 3rd and 4th round picks over the next few weeks. Both out injured (Trae Young & Bagley)
    7. anthak
      anthak
      OP has been updated :)
      • Like Like x 1
    8. HargyBear
      HargyBear
      Thanks for posting Anth.. always interesting to see the comparison. Kevin Love the big slider in our divvy! No Love! #pick68
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Rad_E_Cool
      Rad_E_Cool
      Thanks @anthak for doing this.

Backs up how I feel about my draft :spew:
      5 of my picks are reaches compared to everyone else and I have no bargains.
      I have 1 of the 6 big (red) reaches in my league, and 4 of the 11 yellow reaches. Plus I'm the only one to draft Danuel House Jr out of all the leagues (although I don't regret that one at all).
      • Like Like x 1
    10. HargyBear
      HargyBear
      Steph Curry injured now that’s 3 of my first 4 picks out!
    11. David Hocking
      David Hocking
      Unfortunately E. Gordon was an autopick when my computer froze briefly.
      Certainly didnt want him and still dont.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Steve
      Steve
      Great analysis Ant

Found some diamonds trolling through the FA list over the last week which have helped my team greatly (TT, Nunn and Zeller).
      • Like Like x 1
    13. anthak
      anthak
      Must say I’m not too fazed that I was so high on this guy.
      Currently ranked 61st in the league and looks like he’ll only get better. We’ll see though, it could obviously go either way.
    14. Steve
      Steve
      Good luck this week @HEAVER

Should be a good match. One of us will still be undefeated at the end of this round.
    15. tasho
      tasho
      Now two players suspended for drugs. Better luck next year