Startup AFL Dynasty league

Discussion in 'Leagues' started by BrockyFreo, Feb 29, 2020.

1. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

I'm starting a new AFL dynasty keeper league, It's on ultimate footy platform.

Dynasty is where you keep all your team, not just 8 players etc but the whole team each year.

It's $90 entry (pay $180 upfront so a year in advance allows you to trade future draft picks).
    Prizes for making top 4 (out of 10 teams) and progressing through finals. A single team can win up to $760.

10 teams in each league, with a bonus game in round 22 where the winners of each league play a grand final. Ultimatefooty platform with scoring increases for key position players to make them more relevant.

Changes you might not be used to are the size of the team you need.
    We play a full 22 onfield players so it's as lifelike as you can get. 4 backs, 8 centres, 4 forwards, 1 ruck, 4 back/forward flex, and one any position flex spot.
    You got 6 emergencies (one to cover each of those positions)
    Then you have 17 bench players (this is room enough to hold the kids that haven't broken out yet (like Oliver florent from Sydney for example).

Slow draft means up to 2 hours per pick. So we start when full. People pick their own draft order. Most picks are made in 15 minutes.

This is a Dynasty League. You keep all your players each year. You only drop 5 players at draft time so you can draft 5 more (each year there is a rookie draft and you can trade future draft picks for players throughout the year).

You draft the team, build it up and own it for years. Closest thing to being a real team owner. Dynasty goes for 5 years+

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OTwGbjmWWYRJNPJoL29XVhcTGbFQ6FinN1sFNnnBsvc/edit?usp=drivesdk

Message me for more info

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I endorse this post, and you get a bonus change to beat up on me annually :p

• Like Like x 1
  3. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

What do you think of the scoring Len? You've been using it for over a year now. Where do you rate it in comparison to other formats?

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

By allowing all positions to score well, or more correctly all roles within those positions it's a much fairer scoring system for effort.

5. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

There is only one spot left now. Anyone else want more info?