Rookie Watch! (2020)

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Feb 17, 2020.

By Cpt Pugwash on Feb 17, 2020 at 8:15 AM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

With the Marsh Series kicking off on Thursday, here’s our opportunity to discuss this years Rookie options and your report on them.

Here are a few talking points to consider in your assessments:

- Price
    - Position
    - % Team Selection (SC)
    - Role Being Played
    - Stats (SC)
    - Minutes Played
    - Job Security
    - POD (Yeah/Nah)
    - Over Rated (Why?)

And Rate your top 5 Rookies on each line -

5AA3BB58-A94F-4BA9-92F2-FB327B4E4041.jpeg

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, Feb 17, 2020.

1. ike2112
      ike2112
      Bloody Roos - I have Bonar, Taylor and Xerri... and no indication if any of them will play off the extended bench.

With 17 games the thinking seems to be to go for more mid-pricers as there's less time to gain cash. Anyone looking at Isaac Cummings' preseason and considering adding him in alongside Roberton?
    2. ike2112
      ike2112
      I hate when this happens with rookies btw - clearly everyone's now gonna have Brander, Brown, McInerney, Pickett, Green, Rowell, probably Georgiades... not much variation.
      The only thing would be if you're gonna stretch for BZ or Noble.

Am I mad to be thinking I'll take a risk with Cavarra? He's named, which is better than the doubt with the Roos players. With 30 trades there can at least be corrections next week.
    3. Len
      Len
      I like cavarra tbh, picked him last year so looking for payback this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
      • Like Like x 1
    4. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Cavarra's last 2 seasons worth state league form and mature body would have him in front of fringe first year players. He did have injuries in 2019 but I think otherwise has had good durability. The 2020 prospectus was a big wrap.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Jason
      Jason
      I am quite surprised that he has made the cut for R1 ahead based on what I saw at the intra-club game a few weeks ago where he was almost invisible.

Lipinski is out with delayed concussion from Marsh2 and McLean and Richards have been demoted to emergencies. Any of those three players could easily replace him in the 22 , with Lipinski in particular likely to be back pretty soon.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      I’m hating the new format and drop down banners.

I complained weeks ago.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Cabarets was all the talk this time last year!
    8. Jason
      Jason
      The popup in the lower right corner to the match centre is highly annoying and I haven't found a way to make it go away yet.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      I got an email newsletter from FoxSport with the proper team lists including emergencies
    10. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Last decsion made was between Noble,T.Brown, $200k vs McAsey, D.Smith $5k. Went with the rookies too mainly have some flexibility with trades going forward but I really don't like leaving so much money in the bank.