ORFFL - 2020 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 22, 2020.

1. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

@port_leschenault it seems the Bullfrogs got taken down by a Jack Viney masterclass! Well done.

• Like Like x 1
  2. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, definitely needed since the stupid coach failed to notice two starting players weren't actually playing :oops:

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

So, in lieu of anything else, hows corona treating everyone?

Home work + home schooling is gunna do my head in, but we'll get through it.

You all doing ok out there?

• Like Like x 1
  4. stripey

It's gonna be real tough for most people I think... we'll all be looking for 'a break from our families' ;)

We have 3 kids (8, 5, and 4) and they've been great so far but its nigh on impossible to home school separately while also trying to do own work and keep the rest of the house in order! Personally, my office is still open so I get to escape during the day but my wife (who already was contracting from home while the kids were at school/preschool) doesn't!

In NSW we are on school holidays and my mother was with us for the end of Term 1 home schooling, but I know its gonna get real when we have to bring school back into the schedule. Not looking forward to it at all.

At least you are all getting to spend lots of time with the new puppy @walesy

• Like Like x 1
  5. walesy

Yeah, my big two started back at "highschool" today, while the little two had a practice run (But are actually starting tomorrow). whole loooooootta question coming at me- didn't get much work done tbh, but I imagine that it will get easier as we all get used to it.

Dankest timeline, for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

My work is ridiculously busy now (healthcare) and we're just signing contract after contract so only getting busier. Good to still have a job but sucks that I hate it and next to no chance of getting a new one now.

On a positive note however Mental Health Care Plans are no longer geographically based for telehealth any more, so now you can speak to a GP online/over the phone, get a MHCP and speak to a Psychologist the same way and get it all bulk-billed through Medicare regardless of where you live in Australia. If you're struggling now is the time to reach out for some support.

• Like Like x 2
  7. walesy

That makes me really happy to hear. The easier accessed support part, not the stuck in a job you hate part!

Whole lotta people out of work atm, we are v. lucky to still be working (Though, sheesh, I wouldn't hate some time off to get a handle on this home school stuff!)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iain

In the long run it's obviously far better, but I did the maths and since the first $750 payment to people on jobseekers etc I earn $1.25 an hour more for working 4 days a week than I would for not working, so I'm finding it pretty hard to not be resentful towards my workplace at the moment.

9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

For me a few things have changed, mostly access to the golf course and the social side of bridge. Oh, and the queues at the supermarket and the butcher and green grocer not being essential industries is a bit trying. Overall I count myself pretty lucky as the covid-19 dramas have not (as yet) impacted my ongoing health management.

The situation in NZ is a bit different from what I understand is happening in AUS. Only essential industry is running. For example, only emergency treatments at the dentists or the vets. Hairdressers shut. Only restaurants that ran ebusiness before shutdown can offer that now. Wine merchants can continue their existing ebusiness. Deliveries of meals and wine by courier only.

BTW, if you look at our covid-19 reporting, the daily total is of actual cases and probable cases. Today 20 new cases made up of 6 actual and 14 probables. To date people cleared who had previously been reported in the total of 1386 is 728. Gotta be incredibly proud of how the medical sector has performed - simply amazing.

We will stay in lock down for at least another week, and then ease up slightly. Two thirds of the population would rather stay in lock down than risk a setback by easing up too soon.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Iain

I guess at least Kemp missing the first half of the year isn't looking so bad now.

11. stripey

Nic Newman can get over his Round 1 dislocated elbow too :(

• Like Like x 1
  12. stripey

I hope all are well! :thumbsu:

Guess we need to decide what the ORFFL season is going to be now.... if they get 17 games in do we just make the minor premier the overall premier or do we try to get a finals series in somehow?

Also what to do about the MSD, I would say don't do one but I know trades have been made affecting the picks in this. Can we punch a MSD out over 4 days after say Round 8?

• Like Like x 3
  13. walesy

Just give it to the Chargers I reckon.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Alright now it's finally ticked over to June I can start to look forward to the return of the ORFFL. And I guess AFL as well.

• Like Like x 1
  15. stripey

upload_2020-6-9_10-29-11.jpeg
    Hi all, seems everyone is up for the minor premier getting the chocolates this year?

• Like Like x 2
  16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Huh? Na. Not a good plan.

@walesy - could you activate ORFF team lists for the round? 81 days since the last round and I'd love to wipe some of the scars.

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Yep @graeme - I can't swap players in any of the leagues.

18. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

So you guys are having the same TSL lockout issues. Good (its not something I'm doing wrong).

19. walesy

Yeah, I haven't updated the actual fixture yet, so lockout was messed up.

I just put a uick fix in then which *should* let teams be entered. lemme know if it's ok

• Like Like x 1
  20. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

@walesy - does not seem to have worked. Have logged out and back in, but that didn't fix it chief