Round 3 - Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Jen, Jun 18, 2020.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Well, @TerryinBangkok despite your protestations about the Warriors (not the NRL variety - they really suck) we have just handed the Pinot Cup to the couriers and as we speak it should be winging its way to you. You'll find some of Waikicks' favourite winemakers offerings in the box as well, so don't drop it. Doesn't really matter about the postponed game, your lot must have relished their time at the Bulls Hit Tavern. Sadly the quarantine regulations meant an over officious immigration official would not grant you an exemption. Even after your nice words about Jacinda.

Hope there will be a few less distractions at next year's fixture.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I am leaning towards best 15 if I am honest, regardless of position or even if they were selected, at this stage.

Then once the game gets played, if @walesy can reverse engineer something in to calculate the real scores, then we are good. if he can't we can still move forward. I am not a fan of averages, means etc as they are all subjective. Best 15 gives the clearest, most decisive outcome.

We don't need to make a decision today though, let's see how the next couple of days plays out.

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@Bandit

Does best 15 for Round 3 mean the highest 15 scores out of our 28 ORFFA players (with Bombers and Demons excluded/ counted as zero) and the bit about positions for example meaning 11 midfielder scores and 4 ruck scores could be used in the 15 players ?

4. Bandit

That's it... but it's a moving feast so there won't be any decisions made until we discuss with Walesy etc

• Like Like x 2
  5. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

I thought similar. Also had to think about whether the 14 he wore from West Coast be retired, but I think I got him in his Sydney days...that and our inaugural first round draft pick Joel Selwood might have sooked it up had I prematurely retired No.14

6. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Len, @Bandit, @walesy......I'm a bit perplexed why we are trying to reinvent the wheel here
    with ""postponed"" games - and there will be more to come.

In both ORFFA & TS Addicts, we are only playing "points for" to determine ladder position,
    the 4 pts each week for a win are superfluous. I'm not sure about the other ORFF leagues.
    If we manually adjust any player picked with
    their season average (and it doesn't matter that its only two games right now) - all we have to
    do is go back and manually readjust the score once the postponed game is played. For a few
    weeks the "points for" will be a little out of whack, but who cares, as soon as they play the game
    the real score will be entered. Walesy doesn't have to change any coding, and its 100% fair as you
    will eventually get the real score !!

In the event a player selected in Rd3 doesn't get chosen when the postponed game is played, then
    the emergency score will kick in.

Simples no ? It may take a while for "points for" to be 100% based on how many postponed games
    we have, but by the end it will 100% reflect reality. I'll volunteer to do it if that helps.

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Addicts is points for mate, but FA is first past the post, each playing the other once, that complicates things

• Like Like x 2
  8. snoz

snoz Moderator

@Len.......not really. If ORFFA is first past the post, when we adjust the "placeholder' average scores when the
    postponed match is played - it cant be that hard to then adjust the W/L as well no ? In the end all scores and win
    losses will be exact !

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

@graeme Now that was unexpected. Nice, but unexpected. And appreciate the wine (and silverside) And........

@That KI Guy LEFTIES!!!!!!!
    @JC BATTLERS!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
  10. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Uglies were going at 50% after two rounds. did we beat the NoBodies... er sorry NoWheres. Did we, Did we..huh,,come on say we did :)

• Like Like x 2
  11. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hey all, I'm rostered on to do the review for round 3. I'm hoping to get it done tonight.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Bandit

Not only did they get a win mate, they were thehighest scoring team of the round... don't go too hard in the pub, and please don't drink the hot dog water

• Like Like x 2
  13. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Two R4 games down already - could probably do a combined one :D

• Like Like x 4
  14. anthak

Haha, yep, thats why we're running with shorter quarters this season, because COVID is gonna muck things up

• Like Like x 1
  15. anthak

• Like Like x 4