ORFFL - 2020 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Undefeated alone on top of the ladder. Not sure that's ever happened before to be honest. Noice.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Iain

Worried about Howe though, assuming rest of the season but fingers crossed that's it, that's the type of injury that can change a player.

3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Would really like to have a MSD; the glamas have some deadwood we didn't prune in the PSD - silly me.

Perhaps if only those who are on TS frequently, or will respond to a pm quickly, participate we can knock it over relatively quickly. Alternatively, we could run over two (or more rounds)? What role can I take on to make it happen? I don't mind if I am the only participant in a MSD. :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

I think we kinda have to do something given draft picks have been traded... Perhaps we wait for the inevitable 2 week layoff... o_O or maybe squeeze it in between Rounds 8 & 9?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Lockout and games now corrected

• Like Like x 1
  6. stripey

it sounds like the VIC clubs will get to go home after 5 weeks in their hubs.. take a two week break then back into hub life... could be the window we need for a MSD although possibly a bit later than is ideal

• Like Like x 2
  7. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

In the big, unmissable news of the round, there will be only one team without a win when the smoke clears. Warburton goes up against the might of the glamas.*

* Always assuming in it does not end in a low scoring draw!

• Like Like x 2
  8. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Let's go for between round 8 and 9 then for msd. We can decide how long for each pick when we see delistments. There shouldn't be too many.

9. Iain

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

• Like Like x 1
  10. stripey

Injuries are taking their toll I see.... for our clash this weekend I am hoping all my non-playing Tigers players are the guys who step in to fill the voids at Richmond after a big week of injuries and guys not going to the hubs. Otherwise I will be in trouble!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Good win BTW.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Iain

Thanks, although I did lose last week.

13. TerryinBangkok

Sorry - thought you beat me (just).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Iain

I lost to the snakes last week, don't think the Quolls have played the Dragons yet this season.

15. TerryinBangkok

My bad - it was @Jason. At least you now have the psychological leg up for when we do meet. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. stripey

First time in my reign at the Bullfrogs I have sat top of the ladder... thanks mostly to a few nail biting wins by under 20 points! Long may it continue!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

First time I've been out of the bottom 3, though I have the 2nd lowest points for, I appreciate y'all going easy on me

• Like Like x 1
  18. stripey

With yesterday’s draw announcement it would seem the best window for a PSD will be the 2 days after Round 8. Draft could be held from the completion of the last game on Sunday 26 July to Wednesday 29th when the 19 days of consecutive games begins. Either that or after this weekend.

19. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

We need a MSD to fulfill trades that have been made involving MSD picks. I see no problem with the MSD occurring while games are still being played. To me it is a no-brainer that it needs to before the potential mayhem of 19 straight days / 33 games of football begins. So agree with @stripey - but is it too short notice for following this round?

@walesy may have a nightmare with completing a round, running updates and then allowing team changes for the next round all within approx. 24 hrs. Another issue, how many players do we feel is fair during the 4 continuous rounds?

20. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

OK, @stripey - looks like an easy MSD with potentially only 2 participants. I guess @Len will be in (please post what you need me to do to make this work). Would you like to join us other ORFFL participants? Positive confirmation needed in this thread to participate. For once why don't we skip the touchy, feely stuff.

I suggest first pick Monday the 27th of July at 8am AEST. Time between picks will depend on how ever many choose to participate.