Round 7 - Teams and Banter

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Jen, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Let me try and get my head around it tomorrow folks.

i might be able to whip up some excel tomfoolery.

At the moment my brain is fried from work

• Like Like x 1
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I reckon the key thing to figure out first is what Rounds 10 and 11 look like and whether there is a way to calculate whether Round 10 can be normal 15 a side and round 11 can be best 13 from our current lists without disadvantaging any of the contending (ie 3-3 or better) sides. For the rest of us it is pretty much an exhibition year from this point unless a top 8 or 12 finals goes ahead..

Using average scores for 4 AFL teams would suck and should be avoided as that could be up to 8-10 players on a single side. An alternative could be providing 3 or 4 topup players for the 7 game weeks to teams who can't field a 15 without oop players or donuts, or playing 13 a side as above.

I like the idea put forward originally by Snoz but to me shifting scores across rounds in a wholesale fashion to create 17 rounds of 9 games just for the ORFFA's sake becomes a problem. Perhaps the Essendon and Melbourne scores could be shifted from either Round 10 or 11 to Round 3 to solve the previous Rounds "made up" scores issue but to what effect. We still end up with a whole bunch of rounds with 6, 7 or 8 matches at the end of the fixture. I would just prefer to play a 15 round regular season plus 3 week knockout or 14 round regular season plus 4 week finals (either top 8 with top 4 having a double chance or trial a top 12 system) based on whatever the Round 13-18 fixture allows.

If the 17 round season determined pre-season remains then do you extend it to 17+1 and decide it based on the 2 best/luckiest sides facing off in a normal 9 game round to decide the title.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

If this is an option, I think we should have a grand final in the 18th week. I still believe its best to run 17 rounds, so we all play each other once each.
    What to do about all the byes along the way, Im not sure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Agree on 17 + 1
    As far as the byes go, there's two kinds of luck, good and bad, win a round due having more players onfield is in this circumstance, good luck, whilst losing for the opposite reason is bad luck.
    I don't see the point in a large amount of applied effort to manufacture an outcome that is barely less manufactured than the luck of the draw.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

If you guys could stop using me for heavy gun practice I'd be grateful

upload_2020-7-22_11-55-28.png

• Like Like x 4
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

While it keeps the Nuffers out of our rightful place in the bottom 4 long may it continue.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers lose by a point #tankingdoneright

• Like Like x 3
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

A very entertaining game at Anfield this morning; summed up the cows season to date - very flakey. I've posted this here @Bandit so we can move on to round 8 full of hope.

• Like Like x 2