Round 8, 2020

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Jul 24, 2020.

By anthak on Jul 24, 2020 at 12:15 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

The last somewhat normal round for a while.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Jul 24, 2020.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @walesy sorry to say but Darcy Tucker just had our annual “plays a game gets injured in the first minute and scores zero” event of season 2020.

he is currently onfield and activating an emergency score in both the ORFFF and ORFFA and may be in the other orff comps too.

I hesitate to ask At such a busy time but will it be possible to do a recalc of round 8 scoring when doing the next rollover following round 9, or even when things settle down sometime in August ?

cheers tth
    2. choppers
      choppers
      And the emergencies' score in ORFFU got added in as well.
    3. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      I checked the ORFFL has completed the quadrella none of which appear to have made the difference between winning and losing but margins and total points scored are all affected
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Len
      Len
      ts doesn't factor time played, it's a zero that triggers the emergency, also why leaving a spot blank won't trigger the emergency.
      Debateable if it's desitable, @walesy has reversed it previously though personally I like it as it works
    5. Owen
      Owen
      @walesy Any chance of getting D Minchington added to the database?
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
    7. bigbadbunks
      bigbadbunks
      Scored 2512 last round and now I have started with Dusty, Macrae, Daniel, Pickett & Aarts. Can't wait for it all to come crashing down!
      • Like Like x 3
    8. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Need help & cash Pittonet at R3 so I trade to Draper (Up ) or Brooksby (Dwn) or Cameron .??
      • Like Like x 2
    9. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Draper, TDK and Brooksby are cheap R only and may get a game at some point if needed. Combden is cheap and has FR dpp if you a more flexible loophole which is probably unlikely to matter with bye rounds to come.

Cameron is almost $200k I wouldn’t waste the cash myself.

edit - Draper named
      https://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/785297/draper-to-make-debut
    10. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Thanks Hawk might go with him !
    11. ike2112
      ike2112
      Why do you need a playing R3? Since game is reverting to best 18, I figure it doesn't matter if the rucks have a bye? None of Goldy, Gawn nor Grundy is getting rested surely.

I'd be more inclined to get a flexible donut just so you can loophole captain in later rounds, cos if Gawn/Grundy get hurt you're gonna use a trade anyway.
      Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
      • Like Like x 1
    12. anthak
      anthak
      The comments on this decision in this thread were fairly non-committal but leant towards Doedee, which is the way I went at the time. How very different these two players have gone since then.
      Luke Ryan has scored 118, 131, 100 and now 162 since then. Doedee has been a tyre fire in comparison haha