ORFFA Fixtures - Rounds 9 - 12

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Alrighty folks, here we go.

20 straight days of footy. You will all need to be on your toes, and you will need to be flexible in your expectations. There is no perfect answer here, so to quote my mate @JC there will be time in this where you will be the dog, and times when you will be the fire hydrant.

We will run the rounds exactly like the AFL fixture, so these dates will apply:
    Round 9: July 29 - August 2
    Round 10: August 3 - 7
    Round 11: August 8 - 12
    Round 12: August 13 - 17

If @walesy can get lockouts in, then we will be good, but we are working on a scenario where it is not going to be that simple. So there may need to be an element of honesty (and trust) with this as I think we might be in a perpetual rolling lockout situation. With that in mind, please make every endeavour to publish your team for the round in the round thread so we all know what the hell is going on. What does this mean? Please post your team, and post often.

To quote the choirboys, Byes will be byes, and we will all just have to suffer through them, teaspoons of cement are going cheap right next to the disposable face masks.

At this stage just focus on getting your team in at the start of each round both in the portal in TSLeagues and in the round thread. Everything else we thought of results in off system excel spreadsheets, people adding up their own scores etc, and we may still need to do that if the man can't get the rollover done in time, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Here we go, into the breach

• Like Like x 5
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

For these four rounds we will be running a rolling lockout through until the last game of each round.
    All rules regarding loopholes will be temporarily suspended for these four rounds.

This is being done to give coaches the chance to field the maximum amount of players possible.
    Rounds past 12 will be decided upon as the fixtures are released.

It is HIGHLY recomended you post your team in the relevant round thread each week so that should rollover be delayed your team can be adjusted to reflect the posted one. Failure to do this will mean your game one players may be compromised

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Yep, what he said. I am currently recruiting for serial naggers to wear people down until they post their teams in a thread as well as enter thim into the portal... enquire within!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Len

THE BYES
    ROUND 10: Carlton, Hawthorn, Fremantle, West Coast

ROUND 11: Sydney, GWS

THE LOCKOUTS
    Last match of R9: Sunday August 2, 6.10pm (Fremantle v Collingwood)

First match of R10: Monday August 3, 7.10pm (Port Adelaide v Western Bulldogs)

Last match of R10: Friday August 7, 7.50pm (Essendon v GWS)

First match of R11: Saturday August 8, 4.35pm (Port Adelaide v Richmond)

Last match of R11: Wednesday, August 12, 7.10pm (Gold Coast v Essendon)

First match of R12: Thursday, August 13 (Sydney v GWS)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

As I put up the rounds each week, I will also include the teams that have the byes, so they are in the week to week rounds also

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Thanks to those working hard behind the scenes with the fixture changes and what not, much appreciated.

Just a bit confused with the loopholes. I have Marlion Pickett on the bench, can I put in a non playing player to capitalise?

7. Len

Yes mate, loopholes are effectively the same as supercoach for these 4 rounds

• Like Like x 4