ORFFA Round 7 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by JC, Jul 22, 2020.

By JC on Jul 22, 2020 at 5:12 PM
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

ORFFA Round 7 Review

A :poop: work week + home learning = the nonsense below. Enjoy, or not, it’s up to you.

Foul Bay Chickens 1163 def by Venus Bay Vultures 1296

The defending champs make it a 3 way tie at the top with a comfortable win over the Chooks, largely driven by a night out from Higgins. Yeo seems to have remembered how to score 100s again so Fitzy may want him to have a chat with Stef Martin, who is struggling big time.

As for the Chooks, the coach who cried wolf again tells us that his team is no good. And at 6-1 and 2nd in points for, who can blame him? They’re clearly going terribly. :p Jokes aside, Selwood’s injury certainly didn’t help the cause and Chief will need to find a replacement for a few weeks at least.

Nareewillock Nuffers 1059 def by Iron Knob Codpieces 1354

About f*cking time says Jimbo, as the Cods snap a 4 game losing streak and easily account for the Nuffers. The Cods midfield group was good and Jimbo got an unfortunate reminder of what he’ll miss from De Goey with his extended stint on the sidelines.

Another 4 digit score will no doubt please the Nuffers coach as the patient rebuild continues. A playing ruck would be welcome, I’m sure, but history tells us you have to pay through the arse for one of those in the ‘FA.

Gariwerd Cockatoos 1217 def by Mount Beauty Uglies 1512

An emphatic victory for the Uglies as they snap their 2 game losing streak in style with a monster score. Not sure if @bama or @HeavyMen will have enjoyed the return to form more, but the Uglies had hundreds all over the park, punctuated by huge days from Gawn and Petracca.

The Cockies were solid, but just couldn’t compete with the onslaught from the Uglies. Sitting in the logjam of teams at 4-3, this week’s game against the Battlers shapes as an interesting one

Gundagai Grasshoppers 1308 def Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1247

ORFFA’s highest scoring team moves back to the top of the table after getting the chocolates in what was a pretty even contest against the Cows. 120’s from Adams and Oliver were probably the difference in the end. Snoz’s boys remain the team to beat this year.

Far from disgraced and a solid effort from the Cows. O’Brien held his own against Grundy in the ruck, but @graeme just didn’t get quite enough from Titch and co in the middle.

Cradle Mountain Devils 1539 def Birdsville Battlers 1304

Not even a season’s best effort from the Battlers could stop the Devils as they finally hit top gear after a sluggish start to the year. Ten scores over 95 in a total team effort, highlighted by a mammoth 204 from English, made short work of this one. Now into the 8, the Devils will be hoping the slow start isn’t too costly this year.

As for the Battlers, well they limp home somewhat forlornly after seeing their best effort brushed off with ease by the Devils.

Wagga Wagga Wombats 1095 def Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1094

Who knew that 9th v 12th would end up match of the round? An absolute thriller unfolded in Wagga Wagga as Lenny’s boys jumped into the 8 with a one point win over the cave dwellers. Sicily’s big day out was the difference as both coaches battled through some underwhelming performances. Definitely not a ruck battle for the ages, that’s for sure.

One suspects that the losing coach isn’t too unhappy as the world’s longest tank job continues unabated. I’d lodge a formal complaint with Commish but, yanno…. :rolleyes:

Marble Bar Misfits 1139 def by Whitsunday Warriors 1242

I’m sure my old mate TiB enjoyed a quiet drink or 2 as the Warriors quietly slipped into the top 4 with a win over the Misfits. The midfield was a bit quiet, but the defensive group was very good, as were Josh and Jezza up forward.

A fair effort from the Misfits given they were playing a couple short. It’s no wonder they’re the easiest team in the league to score against! Not sure what mirrors Len broke or ladders he walked under, but it’s been a shit start for the Misfits.

Lovely Banks Lilacs 1050 def Nowhere Else Wanderers 1022

A close contest between the Lilacs and the Wanderers ends in a narrow win for the Lilacs. Both coaches had the full spectrum of performances, from superb (Jonas/Rampe for the Lilacs, Coniglio/ Lyons for the Wanderers) to shithouse (Amon/Westhoff and Caddy/Brown).

In the end, Jen’s ability to field a playing ruck was the difference as Dave could only bank half of WHE’s score.

Wineglass Bay Packers 1018 def Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 911

Not one for the highlight reel, but I don’t think Tracey will give a stuff as the Packers scored their second win on the trot and climb off the bottom of the ladder. Ben Keays lead the way for the Packers (and who’d have said that 5 rounds ago?) and was backed up by the Covid-kid McKenna.

As for the Lefties, it’s back to familiar territory at the arse end of the ladder. Playing one short didn’t help much, but neither did a raft of crap scores.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by JC, Jul 22, 2020.

1. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Bravo @JC

Timely, well written and oh so accurate. The best part of the ORFFA experience is clearly the spirit and cameraderie but a close second is the write ups.

And my best wishes to @JC and any others who have restarted home school. From experience it’s far from an easy gig for us or the kids, however necessary it may be.

Cheers TTH
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Len
      Len
      Great stuff mate :)
      Misfits are already using 2020 as a long preseason for 2021..
      • Like Like x 2
    3. graeme
      graeme
      So that's what happened. Thank you @JC , always a top read
      • Like Like x 3
    4. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Ah, that was just such a pleasant read.

Back to earth with a big thump this coming round. But who cares? I can still wallow in the enjoyment of that write up.
      • Like Like x 4
    5. ChiefRussell
      ChiefRussell
      #nogood
      • Like Like x 2
    6. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Who's yr Daddy, Who's ya Daddy..Hum Hum..Sing Sing
      You bring great joy with your marvelous penmanship dear JC :)
      Not sure who will get the scribe job during 20 consecutive days of football but I'm sure it will be gold!

Me & Bama "Oh woah woh" "We got a good thing going on" "Oh woah woh"
      Luv yas all...Rock On :)
      • Like Like x 5
    7. snoz
      snoz
      Great stuff JC - lovely read as I take a leaf from the book of my idio....fearless leader Trumpy - not only are we #1 in the world for covid but now
      ORFFA as well !!!
      • Like Like x 4
    8. Bandit
      Bandit
      Nothing to see here! Good stuff JC
      • Like Like x 3
    9. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Great stuff JC.
      Seems that as soon as my new gun Mr Simpkin goes awol, my whole team suffers. Actually he has probably been my whole team for the last month or so. #tanksfornuthin
      • Like Like x 3
    10. dmandrews
      dmandrews
      Thanks @JC and yes I did enjoy the review. Well done on the Battlers having their best performance for the season with a score of 1,304 led by Battlers midfielder Adam Treloar with 158 points which in most games would be enough for club and player to get the win and 5 votes in the Les W Medal respectively however it proved to be a bad week to play my Devils.

Cradle Mountain started the season OK to register wins in their first two games that were more than two months apart and were fifth on the ladder and ranked sixth for points for after Round 2. It was when things started to return to normal and games were played each week that the Devils started to struggle, having back to back sub 1,050 point games in Round 3 and 4 losses to drop to 10th on the ladder and 12th for points scored.

With the season slipping away the Devils started playing more attacking and much improved football from Round 5 onwards, to score 1,260 in a three point loss to reigning champs Venus Bay, 1,365 in a victory against Mount Beauty and surpassed 1,500 points for the first time in club history, scoring 1,539 in their Round 7 victory against Birdsville, a game that featured three of the six highest individual scores of the Round. Devils duo Tim English (204) and Jack Steele (162) being ranked first and fourth in the ORFFA for the round whilst Birdsville’s Adam Treloar (158) ranked sixth.

After Round 7 the Devils with a record of four wins and three losses have a similar ladder position and points for ranking than they had after Round 2, now being seventh on the ladder and ranked sixth for points scored. The Devils trail the top three, the Grasshoppers, Chickens and Vultures by two games and points for and will face strong competition from other teams so have very little margin for error if they are to replicate their top two finish at the end of the 2019 ORFFA home and away season.

The 2019 minor premiers the Foul Bay Chickens were sixth on the ladder after Round 7, 2019 with a record of four wins and three losses to be three games and points for behind the ladder leading Grasshoppers so whilst the leading trio - the Grasshoppers, Chickens and Vultures are going to be difficult for the chasing pack to catch some sides outside the top three remain in premiership contention.
      • Like Like x 3
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Thanks JC
      • Like Like x 1
    12. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Hmmm....I have grave concerns............serious concerns even..........not looking forward to the next review....
      • Like Like x 1
    13. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      I have great joy in my heart again.....write away dear scribe
      In the words of a superhero somewhere “ Bama is a giant amongst us “ hum hum sing sing
    14. Bandit
      Bandit
      I think there will be a four round mega-review at the end of this mate, scribes are bust in lockdown
    15. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      I understand Bandit, crazy times atm

I'll just keep singing to myself :)
      • Like Like x 3
    16. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      OMG I can only hope I am reading results correctly ...... or else I will be horribly let down.

Still singing away from my analysis of the situation :) ta ta dah hmm diddly dum :)
      • Like Like x 2
    17. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Well TiB....way to stop the singing & steal Bama’s ladder possie & all.
      Close encounter of the worst kind! :-(
      Congrats & the Uglies must move on (think we are missing the big hills in this hub arrangement fiasco)
      • Like Like x 1
    18. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Even though we got beat by the TiB it appears we knocked the living bejesus outa his boys looking at the results this round !
      Tra la la la lah lah hum hum sing sing as we collect a win over the molly dookers :)
      Can I add I will be extremely (& I mean extremely) pissed off if I find out yous have just let me write incorrect ramblings here that don't carry the required elements of truth, justice & the Trump way !
      • Like Like x 2
    19. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Running outa flucking tunes here lads :)
      Into 4th I imagine :) :)
      "Ziggy played guitar" hum hum sing sing
      • Like Like x 1