AFL Round 13

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Aug 23, 2020.

By anthak on Aug 23, 2020 at 1:32 PM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Already 5 games in, how is everyone going?

My trade outs were fairly easy decisions this week with both Sicily and Ladhams in my team :(
    Who to bring in, though, is always a tough one...

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Aug 23, 2020.

1. anthak
      anthak
      I ended up bringing in Foot and Zac Williams, so I'm a premium down, but didn't worry because Dev Smith was back and Draper could fill in in rucks, and both of them went well so Im happy about that.

I'm a bit disappointed I passed up on Luke Ryan for a second time this season. I couldn't decide between him and Williams, so I went with the cheaper option. Means Ive got $650k in the bank now, so can likely do a double upgrade next week. Thing is I only need to upgrade a forward and a ruck, and Draper might be ok to cover R2 for a while anyway.

Ive got Danger as VC so hoping for a big one from him in today's game
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      Once again I ignored my own rule instead of taking McCrae's score VC I opted to sit on Neale with the C. I vow and declare this is the last time I do that, caught out before, never again anything over 130 ish is not to be sneezed at. Bah.
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 1
    3. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      I needed to address Yeo and McPherson, and opted for Brayshaw (defying all self-respecting Supercoach logic) and Sheppard. I am headed for a little over 2,400 this week, which will be a pass.

I am hoping Brayshaw is a stepping stone, given the budget constraints many of us are battling.

It leaves me with one rookie on field (Woodcock), along with a number of questionable Brayshaw-types, and the need for a really solid (budget and fixture-conscious) plan for the next few weeks. :confused:
      • Like Like x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      I had Grundy as captain so didnt do too well there :(
      I had Macrae as VC for most of the week leading up to the round, but changed it to Dangerfield. Id actually forgotten I had and after Macrae scored well, I went and changed my captain to a non-player so I could loop Macrae's score, but then I realised later that Macrae wasn't my VC anymore.....
      Anyway, I wasn't happy with Danger's score so went with Grundy and he disappointed even more...

I still scored 2400+ and moved up in rank a couple hundred spots to be 678th now
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      Has everyone noticed the TooSerious Donor team is up to 2nd overall!!
      • Like Like x 4
    6. ike2112
      ike2112
      Not sure of the best place to put this, maybe someone can incorporate into some form of look ahead (someone who's understanding the rules and run-in better than me!), but here's a handy scheduler from the AFL Fantasy Twitter for the games/weeks we have up to mid-Sept.
      [​IMG]
      • Like Like x 2
    7. stripey
      stripey
      That’s amazing! Well done guys!
      • Like Like x 2
    8. ike2112
      ike2112
      For some reason I took the VC off Lloyd, and put it on Oliver. 100 points didn't seem enough, so went with Neale as C - even though I knew Steele would give him fits (and I have Steele too).

I had Sicily and Gawn, so for trades I decided to bring in Lloyd and NicNat, and from that perspective it was a productive round - though I'd had Luke McDonald in there all week before bottling it.

My Def contains Lloyd and Haynes (along with Ridley, Cerra, Docherty and Day) - when it could be Ryan and McDonald instead....with enough cash saved to now upgrade Cerra and Docherty to Lloyd and Haynes anyway! That pretty much sums up both my year in fantasy, and shows the fine margins in the game - we might all end up with 85% of the same players by the late rounds, but how you got there is key.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. ike2112
      ike2112
      Angus (Brayshaw) I presume?
      I had him pencilled in before Gawn was ruled out again.

I calculated about 3 weeks back, the only way to get to 'full premo' for most was kind of not full premo - i.e. includes the likes of Cerra and Tim Kelly - both of whom are above 130 on a good day... but could also score 65 on a bad day.
      Even where people have been hoarding trades, just not enough rookies went big this year to offset the shorter time to cash build.
      Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
    10. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      @ike

Yes, I meant Angus.

Thats the kind of moneyball tactics I have been reduced to!

I think I am going to stay 1 short (keep Woodcock for a while longer) through the “best 18” rounds and possibly upgrade him at the end, if I have eked out enough change and can’t see a better place to invest it.

As you stated in your note, lack of trades isn’t my problem - the problem is lack of coin.

(Rank is 2600, so leagues are my primary focus now)
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Might need to set this as my wallpaper :D
      • Like Like x 1
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Also, stats are done.
      • Like Like x 5
    13. stripey
      stripey
      Thanks @walesy - if someone can also unlock teams that too would be terrific
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @walesy teams appear to be unlocked except that Adelaide and Brisbane players are locked in early and need to be changed to have a lockout when Match 8 commences.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Len
      Len
      The dead rubber is being moved later today mate, will close at same time as the last game of the round
      • Like Like x 1
    16. stripey
      stripey
      @walesy we appear to lost Bailey Williams again too mate... WCE variety - I'm hoping he is an 'in' for his debut this week for the Bullfrogs with ROB my only playing ruck having the bye!
      • Like Like x 1
    17. walesy
      walesy
      I hate him so much :))
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Ok, updated the fixture, lockout should be ok now
      • Like Like x 1
    19. walesy
      walesy
      Also, Bailey is back. Reckon you could email if he ever actually gets a game? :D
      • Like Like x 2