ORFFL - 2020 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 22, 2020.

1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Just on the way to determine a winner point, probably now or never to decide I guess. Has it been decided what other leagues are doing yet can we look for inspiration there?

Obvious options are:

1) play the remainder of the H2H matches, and work out to have the R15 bye and have the minior premiership be the premiers
    2) play one more (R15?) or call the H&A season now and cut to top 8, with the last 3 weeks as the finals (although this does disadvantage teams due to R16 bye)
    3) play one or two more H&A round (R15? & R16) and cut to top 4, to be played over last 2 weeks (R17 & R18)

• Option 4 Option 4 x 1
  2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Option 3 by a whisker for me, probably play 2 H&A despite carnage, given at least 2 teams are getting some bye balance back this week?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  3. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Option 4 is keep playing through and have a 1v2 grand final in the last round

4. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Well, I stuffed that round up nicely. Pays to check which teams have the bye before putting in your team apparently.

Best bit is I don't even have my first round pick for next year either, enjoy it EddieV.

• Like Like x 1
  5. stripey

@walesy just when you think you've got him all sorted.... it looks I got a zero for Bailey Williams even though he definitely played! Can you please take a look when you get a chance?

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

the sonovabitch actually played did he? I'll sort him out :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. stripey

Haha he is the gift that keeps on giving...

• Like Like x 1
  8. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

I love him

fixed :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

I like option 2 ,we've always had the final series so stick with that structure. Have a bye this week then normal finals with players average score for season if their team has the bye and they played the week before. For people can give their option preference (of the 4 options) and whichever has highest votes by Friday 6pm. Obviously put this week's team in From tomorrow regardless so if that option comes Howe cancontinue

10. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

I am in 10th and need to win to make finals. However, with 6 teams having a bye this week - it seems rather pointless playing. I would go with option 2 - call the H&A season now and cut to top 8, with the last 3 weeks as the finals.

11. stripey

I will live with whatever is decided, however a 3 round finals series or simply a head to head final in round 18 between 1 and 2 makes the most sense to me - sitting in second place presently I could argue for whatever suited me best so will let greater minds decide.

If Round 16 is to be the first week of finals I will be missing 6 maybe 7 of my starting line-up due to the Tigers/Collingwood bye. Some sort of average substitution would need to be available to make it fair.

Also depending on team selections I actually expect to be able to field a full team this week, bad news for the Savages! :cool:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  12. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I don't mind. I only change my team with an LTI (in or out), otherwise it's been locked and loaded all season long. I have been under major work stress this year with remote learning and teaching kiddos. But I'm happy with my team's resilience and how well they have gone this year under pressure. I think with the even comp it would be good to have some finals but can understand any decisions made because it's already a highly compromised season. All the best ladies and gents.

• Like Like x 1
  13. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Sorry all I wanted to be more active in trying to push this along but work gets in the way. I guess someone with executive powers might just need to make a call?

ORFFF looks like they have decided in playing R15 H&A as the last round, and then the 3 weeks of finals. I just asked how they are treating Tigers and Pies players.

I might stick my head into ORFFU and ORFFA and see how they are playing it also.

14. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

If we are not playing R15 it would be ideal to know in the next 20 minutes so we can change the fixture pre round start

Whilst that was my initial thought, it does feel fairer to play through it and R16, have a 4 team finals in 17 and 18.
    That way finals are not bye affected.

15. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

If we've made the decision to skip Rd15 then got time between now and the weekend to vote/come to a decision on finals.

16. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Let's Have a bye this week then but go with the idea put up yesterday of voting for people to give their option preference (of the 4 options) and whichever has highest votes by Friday 6pm. some people have voted already so we are already moving on this and the deadline gives most coaches enough time to have checked the site.being an impartial one if we have finals starting on rd 16 bye this week then fairest option is players average score for season if their team has the bye and they played the week before is what i think is reasonable.

17. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Coaches always have the option to have a bye if they wish. Seem to recall it happened regularly back in the early days :rolleyes:

18. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Apologies all for raising this and then disappearing; certainly did not plan it that way. Have had the dreaded total computer crash and just starting to get back to normal with a new beast.

19. stripey

Settle down everyone, it was simply a Bulffrog team building trip to the local strippers... nothing to see here ;)

20. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The glamas might just have created an unwanted record for their score in round 15, 2020. Please say someone has recorded less than 469 at some stage.