2020 ORFFF Finals Series Round One

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by James84, Sep 5, 2020.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Rule 1b, reads to me as “max 1 emergency per line”

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

i wonder if an emergency who doesn't play counts as one. I guess so, but just holding out hope lol

3. TheTassieHawk

It seems pretty clear 2 “do not plays” on any line equals a donut regardless of whether they are both onfield or one is the nominated emergency.

If rolling AFL teams become the norm I think all leagues should make a rule change in 2021 so that we name 15 onfield plus 4 emergencies not named on lines but E1-E4 in order with non out of position Emgs having preference to out of position.

More 50% scores and less donuts from squads of 19 would be a big improvement than the last 7 rounds.

• Like Like x 1
  4. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

With news of Kelly out and Perryman doubtful, Walters moves to the mids for Kelly and SPS to the emergency spot. Preuss comes into the forward line and Fiorini forward emergency.

5. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Don't expect Witherden to play but that's all my playing defenders listed, thus the jibe about our backline being taken out. Figured I'd go with the other recycled Saints reject in the forward line over Newnes. No Yeo/McGrath meant needing one of the F/Ms in the midfield.

All about timing :p

6. TheTassieHawk

Some more progress scores would be great to see for those of us following at home folks.

• Like Like x 1
  7. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Hey no complaining about missing players, I got Grundy Crisp Houli gone because of a flipping bye!

Ducks definitely fell behind after the Freo/Melb match Woylies successfully rolling the dice with Acres 113, Oliver under par with a 94 but that's Melbourne for you, and Wilson a solid 88. Lever and his bad moustache could only offer up 54 for the Ducks.

WPW 971/10 leading JJD 835/9. WPW still have Weitering, Jack Martin, Whitfield, ROB and Rowbottom to come vs Ducks with Rich, Collins, Sloane, Marc Murphy, Setterfield and MIIIITCH (Robbo).

8. James84

From looming upset to likely, Useless Loop have taken a strong grip on this matchup and Mole Creek are going to need a huge performance from their undermanned midfield to have any chance.

Mole Creek 10/655 trails Useless Loop 12/1009

Mole Creek players remaining: Cripps, McCluggage, Petrevski-Seton, Rankine, Rayner
    Useless Loop players remaining: Simpson, Neale, McLean

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheTassieHawk

10. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Its a low scoring scrap fest, finals footy at its best!

RGF 880/12/73
    HIS 631/9/70

• Like Like x 3
  11. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Noahs vs the Bye

Noahs 826/8

The Bye :mad: / :poop:

12. thokash

WPW has put the runs on the board and is all out for 1404.

JJD currently 1128/12 including a couple of loopholes, needing 277 for victory from the remaining 3 players Rich, Collins and MRobo. Based on average we should only expect them to score around 235 so going to need a bit of a lift.

• Like Like x 2
  13. James84

hOLY mOLY! A good night for the worms makes this a very slim chance of a contest. Big tons and a late out or quiet game from Neale needed tomorrow to have any chance.

Mole Creek 12/877 (73) trails Useless Loop 12/1105 (92) *some scores are FF estimates

Mole Creek players remaining: McCluggage, Rankine, Rayner
    Useless Loop players remaining: Neale

• Like Like x 3
  14. thokash

So looks like my team update last night didn't actually update, or I didn't hit the save button or something. It means I'm now playing Ah Chee instead of taking Murphy's 81 and a new revised target score.

358 is the target for Rich, Robbo, Collins and Ah Chee and they are currently combined for 103 at QT.

At HT they are totalling 178 just barely short of being on track, definitely would be ahead of target with Murphy's score locked in!

3QT and the 4 Ducks are on 283 chasing 358, just barely scraping ahead of the world record line and needing to stay in front for the final qtr.

Final update pre-scaling - Rich 107, Robbo 94, Collins 89, Ah Chee 60 for a total of 350. Need some very generous scaling otherwise a single digit win for Woylies, which is super frustrating as the Murphy loophole saving correctly it means the difference between a win and a loss.

FINAL: Woylies 1404 def Ducks 1395

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  15. James84

Mole Creek 1159 defeated by Useless Loop 1287

The upset is complete! Useless loop knock over the minor premiers in stunning fashion. Mole Creek coach Clint Bizzell was philosophical after the match saying his young team will learn from this and come back stronger next season.

Club President Terry Wallace said they wouldn't offer any excuses, before then mentioning at length the COVID season issues and that considering they went into the final missing Kelly, Heeney, Sidebottom, Ladhams, Gresham, Tucker they could hold their heads high and he was now looking forward to his work on trade radio this offseason.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fixture is up for wk 1 finals, grats to those that made it :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

I feel for you @James84 on top for basically the whole year and to be bundled out first pop, it's a tough gig.

• Like Like x 1
  18. James84

Thanks mate, thems the breaks, will just have to go better next season! Good luck for the rest of the finals!

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

2 upsets, a smashing and a nailbiter highlighted the ORFFF 2020 Eliminations Finals Round.

The Shags overcame a numerical advantage to make their way into their first ORFFF preliminary final against the Noahs while the Virgins and Woylies face off in the other.

Commiserations to this week's losers and we look forward to you being amongst the challengers again in 2021.

• Like Like x 1