2015 Round 3

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 18, 2015.

By TheTassieHawk on Apr 18, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Oxley showing more great form falling just below the ton, will be handy as emergency cover if needed for my side congrats if you had him onfield.
    Swanny doing his best flat track bully routine against the Sainters.
    B Smith has made the final 22 and may be traded in by a fair few coaches
    Those holding Gazza have decisions to make
    Let us know how you are going through the round if you are feeling like some banter head over to the TS Chatroomhttp://tooserious.net/Chat.aspx

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 18, 2015.

1. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      Boyd out of tomorrow's game.

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that they don't update the teams on the AFL website when late changes to Sunday squads get announced on a Saturday? (i.e, Boyd still listed in a back pocket. Same happened with Gibson last week)
    2. Ratatouille
      Ratatouille
      I've been using the afl app. They update for the subs, but I don't have Boyd or Gibson, so I am not sure if it changed the teams to reflect this.

TBH, I am so ticked off with HS and their supposed live scores. As soon as I'm out of the cup I'll be ditching the digital subscription.

The app is showing 94 for Sloane, but I've heard he got 132. If the app is right then nobody got over 100 in Adelaide vs Melbourne.
    3. Ratatouille
      Ratatouille
      Well, they finally fixed that
    4. choppers
      choppers
      It doesn't look like I'm the only one bewildered by the SC scoring in the Adel-Melb game.
      How can anyone have 20 disposals, lay 6 tackles, have 8 clearances, no frees against, and kick 2 goals but only score 72. What am I missing here?
    5. choppers
      choppers
      Looks like I'm not missing anything after all. Scores have now been changed and the 72 is now 104.....
    6. Senator96
      Senator96
      I think they initially stuffed up the scores from the Adelaide v Melbourne game. When I logged on and saw all of my crap scores I was bit worried. Still wasn't jumping for joy even after they fixed them though! This is like round 1 being repeated with too many under performers.
    7. Ratatouille
      Ratatouille
      Can anyone explain the way the app shows your projected totals?

Currently I'm on 1567, and this the score between my name and the VS

Below this is 2344 as the projected total and then in the blue filled area it says 1713. I have no idea how they got this number, because it doesn't correspond to anything I can see, except the graph, which is really strange because after tonight's games, I'm on 1567 but it shows 1713. Just confusing me a lot.
    8. Jason
      Jason
      Last year, there used to be no live SC scores within the SC site until final scaling had been applied. Players 'in play' showed a zero right up until their final score was entered, at which point the score changed from yellow zero to a green number.

This year, live scores are shown in yellow throughout the game, updated every 120 seconds. When the match finishes, these yellow scores turn green instantly. However, the final scaling still takes about 20 minutes to compute, meaning that you could look in the SC website just after the match, see a green score for a player and rightly expect that to be their 'final score', when in fact it will change 20-30 minutes later with final scaling.

I think it is just a bug to do with when the green colour is applied. Currently their script applies green once the match has reached full time. What should be happening is a manual adjustment once final scaling has been applied.
    9. Bucko
      Bucko
      Here's a tip: always check the start time of a game before doing the captains loophole.

Put Goldstein on the bench, pressed the big E but game had just started so I'm left with goldy's 110 on the bench with no emergency on him, and Tom read on the field as captain.

really annoyed with myself, but there's just some things you will only stuff up once in life and that's one of them!
    10. lsco
      lsco
      Much like last year when the zero locked in just before final scores and started counting your emergencies in the total.

I was not aware they were showing live scores though. Will check the SC app today.
    11. Ratatouille
      Ratatouille
      I feel your pain (but not to the same extent). Put the vc on Sloane. Happy with 140, only to realise I traded out lamb and my only other non playing player is o'brien from Adelaide. Don't I feel stupid.
    12. PHIL
      PHIL
      Breaking news The Bont is a late out relaced by Hrovat. Goodes the sub
    13. yoss
      yoss
      I also can't figure out how this number is calculated and why it is different from the score above it.
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      cheers for letting us know phil, hopefully he is back on board next round
    15. anthak
      anthak
      What happened to Bartel?
    16. Iain
      Iain
      Knee I think Ant, heard them say it was likely to be a 4-week job instead of an ACL though at least. Doesn't help much for SC either way