Round 1 underway

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 19, 2021.

By walesy on Mar 19, 2021 at 2:12 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Just quietly, how good is it to have footy back? That game last night was such a great start to the year!

Hands up if you skipped on Martin?

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 19, 2021.

1. walesy
      walesy
      Pretty happy so far.

D: Docherty, Short
      M: Walsh (VC) - Dow (E)
      R:
      F: Martin
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      At the 11th hour swapped Dusty for Danger. Maybe I'm in danger of my first blunder for 2021.
      • Like Like x 3
    3. martyg
      martyg
      Yeah, bought into the Dusty always starts slow hype... spewing!
    4. benny01
      benny01
      So Downie is listed with the Emergencies despite the media release of his debut earlier in the week. I'm going to assume he'll be the sub.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. walesy
      walesy
      Yeah, bit awkward- gunna toast his cash gen if he's the sub :/
      • Like Like x 1
    6. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Better the first week of his 3 week average than his third though.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Senator96
      Senator96
      Yes i also swapped martin out (for dunkley) after having him all preseason so I guess i always knew that was going to happen after that. Great to have the footy back but personally I hate that man on the mark rule where they look like statues and the sub rule is not much better. Grundy was a bit average but then nearly everyone would have him. Happy with macrae, dunks and daniel last night had scott on the bench. Thursday night was going well at half time before cripps and dow decided to take the second half off! Going with Gawn as captain up against meek
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
    8. choppers
      choppers
      Grundy is in 55% of teams so at least you know you're not alone. I have him too, as well as Dusty Short Daniel Macrae and Dunks, so can't complain too much.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. TerryinBangkok
    10. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      Good scoring rookies abound, cash will be generated :)
      Hawks comeback, TV survives half time attempted destroyation.
      Missed Martin but on balance, Life is Good!
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      Great to have footy back. Had the wrong rookies on the bench Gulden & Rowe instead of Brockman and Henry. Max as captain a bit disappointing but it is early days yet
      • Like Like x 4
    12. walesy
      walesy
      Just an fyi, site wont be rolled until tomorrow. I'm out and about tonight!
      • Like Like x 4
    13. benny01
      benny01
      2193 which was good enough for 917 for the round. Had Gawn captain and Rowe on the bench. Tyson looks like my only bad choice so in a pretty good spot for now.
      • Like Like x 4
    14. stripey
      stripey
      2171 for me (1404 overall)

couldn’t get Errol onfield and had Rowell go down in the last game which sucked - will likely trade him to Walsh who looked very good last Thursday
      • Like Like x 3
    15. BillyBob
      BillyBob
      I had Martin, but didn't VC him..... :-( Wasn't happy with Bont's VC score, so went with L. Neil as my C, so that was a bit of a FU too :-D

Otherwise happy with my 2045 with Rowe on the bench. All rookie ruck line up is a work in progress (didn't have Flynn due to slight injury cloud when selecting teams) but happy-ish so far.