ORFFL - 2021 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by graeme, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

OK, so TLP became WON, but must have done it in between me grabbing the teams and uploading the fixture, fair effort given it was a window of a couple of hours..

Let me know what you'd like me to do mate, I have the revised version ready to go

• Option 5 Option 5 x 1
  2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

BTW, when putting my round 2 teams together found that the week 1 teams had not transferred to week 2. Recall we had a similar problem years back.

Anyways, moral of the post is check your team for round 2.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Went to look at my loophole options this week.. none Thursday and none Friday... just went and put my team in as normal instead :)

4. Black Cat

Black Cat New Member

Sorry Len, my bad

• Like Like x 1
  5. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

hmmmm, I've drunken much too much to deal with this problem tonight.

um, just leave it, and I'll run an update, mapping the empty team to the missing team. Honestly, I'm shocked that it didn't error out and roll everything back- data referenciality isn't a word that I just made up!

• Like Like x 2
  6. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Spewing to lose Budarick for the year - he was looking pretty exciting this year :(

7. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

disappointing mate

• Like Like x 1
  8. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

In ORFFA @TerryinBangkok and I play for the Pinot Cup when the Warriors and the cows clash. The last clash was a thriller decided by adjudication at season's end after being started in the covid ravaged round. This week in ORFFL will see my glamas up against Tibby's Dragons. I reckon it should be for the Noir Cup.

After the PSD the glamas were pretty chuffed to have eight playing (or potentially playing) bodies as Fowards. It's pretty cruel, almost bleak, to find that at round 3 we have Danger suspended, Simpson and Fisher injured, Buddy either being rested or injured, and Olly Henry not even on the extended bench. A noir scenario indeed.

9. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Having been severely savaged by Old Man Mundy last week, the Dragons are still in hurt mode.

10. Black Cat

Black Cat New Member

Hey guys, I hate having to do this but I am going to have to pass the newly renamed Wondai Publicans over to a new coach. I just don't have the time to check selections and update the team, especially with these rolling selection announcemts. Not sure if there is still a list of interested coaches, if so happy to pass over to whoever is top of the list, otherwise if there is anyone interested let me know.

11. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Gday all, a long time supercoach mate "that KI Guy" has passed the baton for the Poorong Potoroos over my way. I'm Phil from the Tiger Sharks, I'm based over in WA in Shark Bay and have been a classic SC player since inception, I'm only learning now about these keeper leagues and can see there's plenty of great info and forums to be found, very happy to be on board. Looking forward to drafting and working my mob into something special, challenge accepted, cheers Phil

• Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to ORFF leagues mate!
    Nice way to open your account with a cliff-hanger 2 point win over the Bullfrogs.
    upload_2021-4-5_23-19-8.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. snoz

snoz Moderator

@That KI Guy - Mike, not so fast !! You may have to handle the Wondai Publicans for a week or two until a new coach can be found !!!

• Like Like x 1
  14. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Well done Tibby, the beautiful Noir Cup is soon to be dispatched to Djarra; can you give please me a clue where that is?

The undermanned glamas found a new way to get beaten - the bloody medical sub (Constable). A very 2021 loss.

• Like Like x 1
  15. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

@graeme did you mention yo had someone interested in coming in to the keeper league at the start of the season

16. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I did @EddieV , however it was one of the guys that @Len also thought was keen. Turned out he was not.

• Like Like x 3
  17. TerryinBangkok

Handy player Constable - can't understand why the coach won't give him opportunity. Always had a lot of respect for Scott, but not so much now Geelong are trying to buy themselves a premiership. After the loss to Adelaide all he had to say was they ambushed us, but instead chose to fumble for excuses. No more pig shooting trips for him.

It is nice to take out the inaugural Noir Cup, but Dajarra is not the best place in the world for it to reside - or to sip Pinot (unlike the Tiki Bar at Whits). Nonetheless we will do our best to keep the dust off it until it inevitably returns across the Tasman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dajarra,_Queensland

• Like Like x 3
  18. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Phil, always good to have another West Aussie around.

• Like Like x 1
  19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Shark Bay? Jeez you're going to be in for an interesting weekend with two cyclones "ice-skating" each other.

• Like Like x 2
  20. TerryinBangkok

• Like Like x 1