ORFFL 2015 R3: Hall of Records

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tAdmin, Apr 17, 2015.

By tAdmin on Apr 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM
  1. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Originally this blog entry was going to a continuation in the series of posts about the 5 O's of ORFFL. But then Sarah Island went and scored 1738 points on the weekend and it seemed a bit rude not to commemorate it. So in it's honour I've created the ORFFL Hall of Records down in the little used ORFFL forum, preserving the history of this competition's 3 and a bit years of history. And funnily enough every team managed to pick up at least some piece of silverware without me needing to include a coaches award.You can find it here.
    HORNSY'S MOST WATCHABLE GAME OF THE ROUND BESIDES YOUR OWN
    [​IMG]

<p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;][span style='letter-spacing: 0px;]Remember way back when in 2012 when Coulta made the finals? Kinda? Me too. Well, the Couldabeens have started off this season like it's 2012, undefeated and sitting in 3rd place. How is this so for a team that finished 3rd last in 2014? They drafted really well in the recent PSD, targeting midfielders and picking up Heeney and the discarded Mitch Wallis in the first 2 rounds to fill sorely hurting vacancies in the team. While in Savage and Burgoyne they have a hbf relishing St. Kilda's early draw and another seemingly able to reverse the ravages of time; improving year upon year at the Hawks.
    <p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;]
    <p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;][span style='letter-spacing: 0px;]Their opposition this week is the PBR, a team I had high hopes for in January but had soured considerably on by March. You can't reasonably replace a player of the calibre of Liberatore, and when the Rangers picked up Messers Melksham, Colyer and Paperone in the PSD to fill the void, I was suitably disheartened. Turns out that they are seemingly astute picks with Melksham and Paperone both holding 85+ averages over the first 2 games and Colyer providing suitable coverage for a recently injured Myers. I mention these player's because really depth is the only thing holding back Purnululu Bungle for competing for a flag. With Taylor Walker, LeCras, and the good Merrett up FWD and an all-star defence, I recant my earlier recantation of the PBR being a contender this year. They are mustard.
    <p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;]
    <p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;][span style='letter-spacing: 0px;]Should be an interesting match.
    <p style='color: #424242; margin-bottom: 0px;][span style='letter-spacing: 0px;]

ORFFL 2015 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 3 (inc. RESULTS)
    Coulta Couldabeens1270 lost toPurnululu Bungle Rangers 1385
    Tarwin Lower Pigs 834lost toGlenrowan Gunslingers 1135
    Humpty Doo Hammerheads1192 defPoowong Potoroos 1035
    Woy Woy Wizards 1288defJimcumbilly Jackrabbits 1177
    Mallacoota Magicians 1173defPopanyinning Pyrite 891
    Bundalong Bullfrogs 1366defBonnie Doon Bandits 1145
    Mount Buggery Disappointments 1446defMilikapati Snakes 1228
    Warburton Wanderers 1348defQueenstown Quolls 1272
    Sarah Island Savages 1303defSmiths Beach Seagulls 1297

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tAdmin, Apr 17, 2015.

1. Bearfly
      Bearfly
      Appears Coulta are forced to run with a roll-over team from last week as oppossed to the selections I submitted via text message over 5 hours ago.
      NOT HAPPY JAN!!!
    2. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Sorry mate, will get it fixed.
    3. Johnson
      Johnson
      Some of your finest H. Does that make PBR the Old English or Seeded??

No Lids, No Adams, might be a struggle this weekend for the Snakes. Needing SupaPav in the Derby to win another Rosco, and Tyson pulling his finger out would be useful also.

4. JPK
      JPK
      Hornsy, do you mind if we steal this idea for the 'FU?

I like the idea of a hall of lost memories, or something to that effect!
    5. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Nah, not at all. Go hard.
    6. thokash
      thokash
      I've added my manual scores to the article, hopefully they are correct!

Close match between the Savages and the Seagulls!
    7. tAdmin
      tAdmin
      Not really sure how we won that, thought Smiths Beach were the better side.

On an unrelated note, Jarrad Waite; your future at this football club is limited.
    8. LiQuiD_SiXx
      LiQuiD_SiXx
      Only 6 points in it! Good game
    9. EddieV
      EddieV
      Hall of records is great Hornsy, fantastic work . Warburton happy to get their first win of the season, the team is treading water till we can get Lachi H back . Hoping Sylvia can pull a walters and come back big into the Freo and Warburton sides as our forward line has never been the same since he went West. Big match against the snakes this week. Celebrations going on out Warburton way.
    10. Tino
      Tino
      Definitely seeded mustard.