Coolgardie Prospectors

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Jan 13, 2014.

1. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Awesome! I couldn't stop laughing at the face your wife was making.

Is that your green car in the background of the last photo or is your car one of the more modern models in the other photos?

• Like Like x 1
  2. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't stop laughing at her face either... the whole expression was just hilarious!

Green car was the hirecar - we flew into Kalgoorlie and drove around from there - had to upgrade from the modern models in the other photos, as the team were about to use them as a training drill.

3. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

haha, she's a Prospector at heart :D

4. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

I bet she is rapt to make a double appearance on the FU!

5. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Nice work! Did you check out the real town down the road? :p Surely you drove through to see how a true club is run; it's only about 30 minutes away if I remember correctly.

6. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

I love it, great stuff!

7. JPK

Only got to Southern Cross on the train mate. The team had already taken one of the cars (shown earlier) on the road trip for this weekend.

• Like Like x 4
  8. JPK

ORFF-Tours, we should start a tourism company!!!

Nah, the whole trip was planned for other reasons - we flew into Kalgoorlie, and I actually thought that Coolgardie was *miles* away, but its only a 30min drive, so we had to make the trip! (I thought it was about 500-odd kilometers away!)

I'd love to say, that after a few years of trying, I could get to all the towns - including the offshore ones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JPK

Alright, time for a footy-related update out of Coolgardie.

We got to the middle of the 2017 season in a pretty strong position in the 8, but with pretty average scoring, and we knew that we were never going to maintain the 1400ppg required to win a premiership, so things got drastic.

We traded out Josh P Kennedy, Shane Mumford, and Cale Hooker. We brought in some youth, and a swag of draft picks.

Come the end of the 2017 season, we had finished in the 8, in 6th position, and took on the 3rd placed Serengeti (with whom we had traded JPK and Mummy for Perryman and Aish and some picks). Only one of the four involved in the "super trade" bothered to turn up for the game, but it meant little, as we were belted and bundled out of the finals in the first week, by the eventual premiers.

Then during the 2018 preseason trade period, we continued our rebuild and youth policy.
    We gave away Drew Petrie (retirement), Jack Fitzpatrick (retirement), Jonathon Griffin (delisted), Jackson Ramsay (delisted), Justin Westhoff (traded), and Harry Perryman (traded).
    We brought in young Eagles mid (and now just defender) Liam Duggan. We also had a huge haul of picks, which were used as follows in the PSD:

11 - Hunter Clark (Mid, St Kilda)
    15 - Zac Bailey (Mid, Brisbane)
    18 - Callum Colman-Jones (Ruck, Richmond)
    30 - Luke Partington (Forward, Eagles)

There's some new and exciting times brewing in the Goldfields, and it has nothing to do with our local rivals, the 'gropers. We're not expecting miracles this year, but come 2019 and 2020 this team should be aiming for premierships!

Go You Mighty Prospectors!!!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JPK

• Like Like x 1
  11. JPK

Clearly I'm good at keeping this thing even remotely up to date...
    Anyway we have some special news out of the Goldfields. The Coolgardie Prospectors would like to congratulate inaugural midfield star, and continual midfield star, Ollie Wines, on winning some random award as presented by the blind bastards of that other footballing competition.

[​IMG]

Coolgardie Prospector, and part-time Port Adelaide Power (ummmm, see this would be so much easier if they were known as the magpies), Ollie Wines, is the winner of the 2021 AFL Brownlow Medal. Congrats Ollie, keep up the great work.

12. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

And you chose not to post this..............even though it's that other 2nd tier footballing competition....;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  13. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

or this.........

14. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

He was out of bounds :D

...plus it was against our team :oops:

15. JPK

@choppers @eagle_eyed only one post per year - it seems to be my average!!!!
    but thankyou both for posting and commenting (and yeah, don't like to post pro-Freo stuff!)