ORFFA 2022 PSD Discussion thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Sorry guys, I'm flusteredd as hell, this is the sort of mistake I find not make, I probably shouldn't have handed this over until I was sorted.

• Like Like x 2
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

It’s ok. Doesn’t seem as bad as first thought. And we’re working through it. I’m glad you guys have your head around it. It’s a lot to keep track of. It’s good that it’s been realised now, as it can be adjusted fairly easily without too much disruption.

• Like Like x 2
  3. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

@Len
    In draft PSD 2021 Trade 11 was updated in the trade tracker and the draft spreadsheet – Nuffers trade 2022 PSD 4th Round pick (pick 55) to the Warriors.

In the draft spreadsheet and the tracker PSD pick 55 is correctly shown as belonging to the Warriors

• Like Like x 2
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Don't apologise anyway you keep better track of it than the rest of us, and appreciate the brain power that's going into trying to figure it out, certainly more than I have at the moment!

Maybe I should've just kept quiet and saved the trouble (and hope the player id take doesn't turn out to be a gun) :)
    Hopefully an easy fix

• Like Like x 1
  5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

:) Always speak up!!

Hopefully Mike and Simon can sort out an amendment that doesn't flow into other trades and we can then work through the rest, but it appears thanks to Dean's detective work that the issue isn't as bad I first feared

• Like Like x 2
  6. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Everyone returns their players and we go back to 2012
    will work with snoz on a solution

• Like Like x 1
  7. dmandrews

@Len
    In draft PSD 2021 Trade 10

Cockies 2022 PSD 3rd Round pick (pick 48) was correctly handed over to the Nuffers who then on-traded 2021 PSD pick 48 in trade 8 of the 2021 post season to the Lefties who then on-traded PSD pick 48 to the Warriors in Trade 10 of the 2021 post season.

In the draft spreadsheet and the tracker PSD pick 48 is correctly shown as belonging to the Warriors

Also in trade 10

Nuffers 2022 PSD 5th Round pick (pick 73) was correctly handed over to the Cockatoos as per the PSD pick summary spreadsheet, however as per the draft spreadsheet pick 73 is with the Misfits.

I think the draft spreadsheet should be updated to show the Cockatoos as the owners of pick 73 unless I have missed a later trade.

Of the trades that @Len listed the only ones that haven’t been updated correctly are In Draft PSD 2021 Trades 9 and 10.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Let's go back to tors. TS is established on a voluntary basis. I know walesy sometimes gets a donation, but basically he puts his own time into it. Walesy will be the first to admit there are sometimes mistakes, but we all accept that can happen. Fortunately there are enough experienced coaches on hand and things get sorted. Lenski is the same. Can anyone remember the days of no spreadsheets? Trade tracker? What the hell is that? All of us ORFFANS owe the man big time. Let's just get it sorted and move on and do our best to prevent Len from laying blame at his own feet.

One off suggestion: no more pick swaps or players for picks during the remainder of the 2022 PSD. Just for one man's peace of mind.

If we do hit the restart button - let's pick up the pace a little. SC/AFL give you 60 seconds to pick.

• Like Like x 5
  9. anthak

Yes, I believe that is correct that 73 should be with me. I was aware I owned pick 73 during trade negotiations and I held onto it. I dont recall ever trading it away.

10. anthak

and 138 should be a pass

11. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I walk away for 6 hours and all hell breaks loose!

i won’t be having any apologies @Len, you do an amazing job of managing this list ALL YEAR not just at draft time

the rest of us should check our picks.

Let’s just pause the draft for the next day so we can work through this… it appears (to be confirmed) that we need to roll back potentially to pick 20.

if that’s the case then it’s a small correction.

Give len and myself some time to walk through this… we will update you all tomorrow.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Bandit

Oh and in full support of TIB’s comment, can we have some velocity please when we do resume

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

On a non draft note the FA, FL and FU have not yet loaded up their 2022 fixtures.

Not sure what everyone's preferred timing is but usually the less that needs doing/fixing a the last minute the better, remember if using last year's fixture make sure to change 2021 to 2022 otherwise it wipes the previous season completely, and also adjust for any team abbreviation changes in the last 12 months by checking against the current ladder before loading, otherwise rounds will be loaded with less than 9 games.

14. dmandrews

@That KI Guy and @snoz

The asset of closest value to 2022 PSD pick 20 that the Lefties hold is their 2023 PSD second round pick and they actually still hold this pick.

Probably the quickest way to resolve the issue of 2022 PSD pick 20 being traded twice is for the Lefties to trade their 2023 PSD second round pick to the Hoppers or involve a third party in the trade. The Lefties could downgrade their last pick in the 2022 PSD pick - pick 70 as an incentive to get a quick resolution.

If the Hoppers want to have a pick early in the 2nd round of this year’s PSD another ORFFA coach might like to exchange their early 2nd round PSD pick this year for the Lefties 2023 2nd round PSD pick and some change.

For instance you could give Cursing Fijian the option to exchange Dunsborough Dung Beetle’s 2022 PSD pick 22 and 2022 PSD pick 94 (their last pick) for the Lefties 2023 2nd Round PSD pick and 2022 PSD pick 70 from the Lefties. If Cursing Fijian was happy to do this trade the Lefties would then hand 2022 PSD pick 22 to the Hoppers.

If Cursing Fijian prefers to keep 2022 PSD pick 22 just work down the draft order giving each coach the option to do a similar trade until an ORFFA coach is happy to do a deal, it shouldn’t take too long until a resolution is reached.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  15. anthak

Need to see what @snoz wants to do, and then if we’re working our way down the list, @JC would be next in line with pick 21.

I know from trade negotiations that @CursingFijian was not interested in 2023 draft picks over 2022 draft picks, but that might’ve changed.
    @churchboy or @TerryinBangkok might be happy to do the swap if Snoz/JC doesn’t?

16. Bandit

I have the fixture ready to load... this one is on me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Bandit

Hi everyone,

Appreciate everyone trying to help Len and I come up with a solution here. Can I just ask that everyone parks solution mode until Len and I understand the gravity of the issue, and discuss potential fixes.

Let us just work through this and we will advise. We will of course communicate with those impacted before announcing anything

As I said in my post, give us today.

Jamie

• Like Like x 5
  18. churchboy

churchboy Active Member

hey @anthak @Bandit, I know you just said to give you some time and wait on solution mode... however.. I'm happy to swap to a 2023 pick if it helps resolve. My pick is now, so I'll hold off until you've had a chance to review.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Bandit

I am kicking a solution around with Len that I think works with minimal (but some pain)

Will revert once he gets his head above water, he has some real life stuff to work through at the moment.

As I said, breathe everyone, we can sort this out.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Bandit

Just an update folks

there is a solution being communicated to a few coaches in the background, once that is hopefully endorsed, then we will be ready to roll.

Can I ask in the meantime that you all do some due diligence on the draft order, and make sure that you have the right picks for the rest of the draft... @Len has done a shit ton (technical term) of work validating, but I would like you all to have a look so you can confirm, as we don't want to have to put Humpty back together again

Last edited: Mar 2, 2022
    • Like Like x 7