ORFFA Round 2 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 29, 2022.

By Bandit on Mar 29, 2022 at 3:46 PM
  1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I thought I would do a Oscar style review of the games this week… but without the violence.

Whitsunday Warriors 1172 defeated by Gundagai Grasshoppers 1639

Well, I couldn’t pick any other movie than ‘The Grasshopper’ a 1970’s drama that earned Jacqueline Bisset an award for Best Dramatic Performance by a female. A young woman's odyssey from innocence to decadence. Hopeful for a career in show business, Christine Adams leaves British Columbia with her boyfriend at age 19. But a detour to Las Vegas leads her into a life that no one would envy. No one would certainly envy being in @TerryinBangkok ‘s shoes this week, as Gundagai went on a rampage. Boak the sole shining light for the islanders with 156, with Taylor Adams being the only shite for @snoz . Even his emergency Ginnivan tonned up, along with 9 others

Wineglass Bay Packers 951 defeated by Mount Beauty Uglies 1299

This match resembled ‘Marty’, which won the Academy Award for Best Picture in 1955. Marty Piletti is an Italian-American butcher who lives in The Bronx with his mother. Unmarried at 34, the good-natured but socially awkward Marty faces constant badgering from family and friends to settle down, as they point out that all his brothers and sisters are already married, most of them with children. Not averse to marriage but disheartened by his lack of prospects, Marty has reluctantly resigned himself to bachelorhood. It’s always the ugly ones that stay bachelors, and Ernest Borgnine as the lead role adds fuel to that premise. It was pretty Ugly all around for this one, with Ben Keays the shining light for @Tracey and Petracca getting @HeavyMen a bit aroused.

Birdsville Battlers 1131 defeated by Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1215

A Few Good Men headlined the 1992 Oscars with 4 awards including best picture. Military lawyer Lieutenant Daniel Kaffee defends Marines accused of murder. They contend they were acting under orders. The Spelunkers were indeed a few good men, and a few shit ones and a bit of the old Covid striking home as well. Birdsville lack of a ruck hurt, but the Commish is up and about with the team 2-0, wondering if the rest of ORFFA can actually handle the truth.

Marble Bar Misfits 1168 defeated by Venus Bay Vultures 1285

The Birds is a 1963 American natural horror-thriller film produced and directed by Alfred Hitchcock. It won an Academy award for Best Special Effects. It focuses on a series of sudden and unexplained violent bird attacks on the people of Bodega Bay, California, over the course of a few days. There wasn’t so much bird attacks, as a few seagulls fighting over chips, but @Fitzy managed to get the job done against the orange mob. 5 tons for @Len offset by three scores of 41 or less, Venus Bay more consistent with only 3 tons, but only one score under 70.

Cradle Mountain Devils 1265 defeated Nareewillock Nuffers 1065

Cold Mountain is a 2003 epic period war film written and directed by Anthony Minghella. The film tells the story of a wounded deserter from the Confederate army close to the end of the American Civil War, who journeys home to reunite with the woman he loves. It became a critical and commercial success grossing over $173 million and receiving seven nominations at the 76th Academy Awards, with Zellweger winning Best Supporting Actress. It was indeed a cold mountain for the Nuffers, with the highlight being Chad Warner, the lucky fella to give buddy his 100th, and give @chris88 123 points. For @dmandrews it’s a case of just chugging along with 5 tons being enough to take the chocolates

Dunsborough Dung Beetles 1056 defeated by Gariwerd Cockatoos 1190

Beetlejuice is a 1988 American fantasy comedy film. The plot revolves around a recently deceased couple who, as ghosts haunting their former home, contact Betelgeuse, an obnoxious and devious "bio-exorcist" from the Netherworld, to scare away the house's new inhabitants. It won the Academy Award for Best Makeup. @anthak certainly did enough to scare away the new inhabitants in Dunsborough, handing them a 134 point loss. Touk Miller stealing the show for the Cockies, with Tom Green and Steven May being the top scorers for the home team

Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 1093 defeated by Lovely Banks Lilacs 1378

My Left Foot, is a 1989 Irish and British biographical comedy-drama film that stars Daniel Day-Lewis as Brown, an Irish man born with cerebral palsy, who could control only his left foot. At the 62nd Academy Awards, the film received five nominations, including for the Best Picture, with Day-Lewis and Brenda Fricker winning Best Actor and Best Supporting Actress respectively. @that KI Guy’s team couldn’t even control their left peg it seems, as @Jen ‘s mob went apeshit on Kangaroo Island. Even new recruit Tyson Stengle’s 13 didn’t dent a huge score, punctuated with 7 tons. Lefties new recruit Xerri showing the gods, whilst simultaneous sticking it into the commish for being a tightarse in his negotiations with @snoz for the player last year. The Lilacs are building folks

Iron Knob Codpieces 1146 defeated Foul Bay Chickens 1104

Bedknobs and Broomsticks is a 1971 American musical fantasy film directed by Robert Stevenson and produced by Bill Walsh for Walt Disney Productions. It is based upon the books The Magic Bedknob. The film received five Academy Awards nominations winning one for Best Special Visual Effects. It must have been one magical Iron Knob this week with 6 tons (including King as a forward emergency) offsetting a donut and a truly shit bench score for the Codpieces. The Chooks can’t take a trick at the moment, with most of the reliable scores from previous seasons having a poor day. Write them off at your peril

Waikikamoocow Incorrigibles 1341 defeated Wagga Wagga Wombats 1067

The Lord of the Rings trilogy was filmed in a number of locations in New Zealand, with a little known fact being that Gimli chugged a fair few pints in the Bulls Hit tavern at the end of each day’s shooting. It also took out an impressive 17 academy awards, a feat nearly as impressive as the score @graeme ‘s men put up this week.

A consistent performance from the home side with only 4 tons and no score under 68 was enough to put @Lenny120 ‘s team to the sword, Cumming being the only real highlight.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 9

Comments

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Mar 29, 2022.

1. anthak
      anthak
      brilliant work Bandit
      • Like Like x 1
    2. graeme
      graeme
      Some of your best work Banditto - well done.

To continue the Oscar's theme and channel my inner Will Smith: "I would like to publicly apologize to you @Lenny120. I was out of line and I was wrong when I suggested last week that you were tanking. Having now seen first hand an injury plagued list that makes West Coast's look like flag contenders, I wish to withdrawn the heinous allegation. I am embarrassed and my actions were not indicative of the man I want to be. There is no place for wrongly suggesting tanking in a world of love and kindness."
      • Like Like x 3
    3. HeavyMen
      HeavyMen
      We all know the drill, I am very benevolent to the writers when we win & spiteful
      If a loss comes along (doubt there will be many) :p
      Magnificent write up Bandit (although you could have squeezed Smokey & the Bandits in there somewhere perhaps)
      :)
      • Like Like x 2
    4. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      While there were several sequels it really was only one Bandit, singular. Ten4 @HeavyMen

Setting a whole new standard @Bandit
      • Like Like x 4
    5. JC
      JC
      Outstanding stuff @Bandit.

Even with the delusions of adequacy.... :p
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Bandit
      Bandit
      AC3D6921-CC98-40B1-8C45-5513B809ED94.gif
      • Like Like x 2
    7. JC
      JC
      • Like Like x 2
    8. snoz
      snoz
      Fantastic stuff @Bandit - Will Smith wouldn’t slap you !! Thank you !!
      • Like Like x 3
    9. chris88
      chris88
      Cold Mountain or A Dog Day Afternoon for the Nuffers?

Probably both.
      • Like Like x 2
    10. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Well played @Bandit

and get stuffed
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Len
      Len
      Well done mate :)
      Misfits can't figure out their arse from their head atm, team selection is primarily based on the silks, it's failing
      • Like Like x 3