ORFFL - 2022 Chat

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by stripey, Jan 15, 2022.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Agree with a deadline of 5pm today to get things moving. However failing a response form Doobs I'd suggest we pair the Gunslingers off against the team with the lowest aggregate points for from the H&A series. Lowest points for in the 8 suggests the weakest opponent and amounts to recognition of the feat of winning the H&A series rather than potentially allocating him what might be the toughest quarterfinal match up.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  2. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

I'm happy with that so unless we here any other alternatives let's go with that plan as the fairest alternative.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

What he said.

4. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

OK the time has come

glen Rowan in absentee choose to fight against bearflys mighty Coulta couldabeens due to their lowest points total.

warburton choose like they did in the inaugural orffl finals the might of the big boss walesy dookie chargers. hoping for the same result as that finals skirmish.

over to you @PhilArthur to choose your opponent

5. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Righto I'm going to line up Lucas and his Humpty Doo Hammerheads for my final's opponent, good luck to everyone, may the best shark win! P.S. a tiger Shark really should smash a hammerhead head-to-head ha ha !

Guess this means @Gumby gets the mighty port_leschenault Popanyinning Pyrites

Cheers everyone

• Like Like x 3
  6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Think those matchups are logical given form of teams in the comp. No way you want to be playing POP at the moment, they are humming.
    The other point for newcomers to the league to be aware of re finals is we need 17 rounds plus finals and only 20 weeks to do it in considering bye weeks. That's where NFL style loser leaves town knockouts were needed. And it didn't seem right for a top team to cop a murderous 8th in slashing form with no double chance. So we let them choose their destiny.
    So let's go with a big finals set of matchups. I've seen plenty of upsets and top teams losing against their preferred opponent. Best of luck and may the sharks prevail come what may.

• Like Like x 4
  7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

For a coach relatively new to the league @PhilArthur has done very well to be playing finals.

• Like Like x 1
  8. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

congratulations @PhilArthur our current reigning premier would have won the premiership in his first year if he had accepted my very reasonable trade offer of s.higgins which he rebuffed with we are in rebuilding mode. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fixture is uploaded, good luck to all involved :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

Good luck to all in finals and well done getting there.

Stupid Quolls.

• Like Like x 4
  11. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Been having trouble all day getting on the site. Thanks all to those who helped organise finals.

Form means nothing when you're in the finals, anything can happen on the day. Good luck all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Enjoying my last hours as the reigning jarhead with a decent bottle of McLaren Vale Shiraz. Good luck to the finalists, have at it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Thanks for the kind words @TerryinBangkok and @EddieV I like this game and am looking forward to building my team in the future. The bluebaggers "managed" my ruck Pittonet which I didn't expect, my second gamer Brynn Teakle (Tigersharks mid-season selection) is leading our ruck division this week. I like him he's plays tough, here's hoping he scores well or at least hold his own, could be a master stroke!

14. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

yes warburton has been hit by injuries at wrong time of year with a few season ending injuries testing our depth. the midfield stays intact though and hoping they can get us through and we at least get Hewett back at some time. good luck to all the finalists.....but not too much

15. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

The mighty Tigershark's prevail, you beauty! Chomp, Chomp, Chomp, Chomp, and then there were 4. I went to watch my first game of AFL over the weekend watching my team the Crows take down the Eagles at the craypot (Optus stadium). Packed crowd and we were likely the only crows' supporters in the house, JK went out with an 8-goal bang, but the mighty Crowies got the job done, whoever has Sam Berry you've picked up a ripper, going to be a hard ball and tackling beast!

16. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

top 4 teams through to the prelims and bad luck especially to lucas who had the 4th highest score. 2nd and 3rd teams tied there score which makes for an exciting prelim. so gunslingers vs wizards and wanderers vs sharks. warburton very excited in their first finals win in about 6 seasons and really hoping we get Hewett and witherden back in this week to help continue the streak.

• Like Like x 1
  17. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Thanks, nice when some of those late round picks pay off...but couldn't Keays also have remembered to play over here as well :p

Anyway congrats @Gumby and Woy Woy, better team won. POP coach needs to re-evaluate some of his lineup choices in the off-season, geez. Glad we have a forward line though.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Fixture is loaded, good luck to all.

• Like Like x 2
  19. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Oh the pain of coming so close. Congrats @PhilArthur at a well deserved win. We were blessed being relatively injury free during the season but our depth couldn't cover our injuries this week. we had the lowest score of the prelim teams so we can live with that. Two prelims one grandfinal but no jars yet will lick our wounds and be back next year. A cruel game fantasy footy. Good luck to the two grandfinalists.

• Like Like x 4
  20. PhilArthur

PhilArthur Member

Thanks @EddieV a very worthy opponent and it was a great prelim final, I was really chewing my nails when LDU and Simpkin were smashing the crows in the middle, I was thinking 150 scores for both of them at half time. Injuries are bloody cruel, I don't think I would have fared so well against your full-strength team, I like the Wanderers squad, my congratulations to you on a great season.

I'm really excited to be in my first GF, it's going to be tough as I've a few injuries myself, Gresham out hurts, M Crouch is out of favour (heres hoping for a farewell game in the showdown) and bloody B Crouch is goneski now with his suspension, ouch. I'm going in as the underdog so I'm hoping for a minor miracle, I will have a full team on the park with my depth players covering some positions (hopefully), and sometimes you just never know. Cmon Tigersharks!!!!

Just one question for anyone with an answer please. I see EddieV played Elijah Hollands who is classified as a M/F as his ruck emergency player this week. His selected ruck (Max Lynch, Hawks) was a non-scoring player in the round, it appears Hollands score was counted as the emergency for the ruck position. I wasn't aware this was possible? I thought every emergency player needed to be a player with the same positional selection. Can someone please clarify if this is the case as it's an interesting tactic I have never used before. Cheers everyone

• Like Like x 1