ORFFU 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 23, 2022.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Ideally by the end of February given that the SSP deadline is Wednesday 15th February, but it is dependant on when @walesy has enough spare time.

• Like Like x 3
  2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Normally it's updated over the Australia day long weekend, unfortunately he wasn't well and said it would get done asap.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YAD69

Regarding the decline in trade frequency over the years, I reckon there are a couple of factors, 1. The change from mandatory delist to player movement, 2 Increase in size of team list, 3 Coaches all becoming a little bit smarter in how and even who they are trading with.
    With this has actually made our league very tight, which is great, at the start of the league there was a big gap between top 8 and bottom 8, now 2022, top 4 were solid, however between 5 and 12 it was super tight and anyone of those team could've made it in, went down to the last round. So, I thinks it's actually great, and that more teams look to having a shot at the big dance, with differing strategies. Looking forward to the draft and the season ahead.

• Like Like x 3
  4. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I agree with what everyone has posted so far. If we increase our squads, we are more likely to just trade out those players and never delist any of our playing players.

For myself, I started at the top when this league was created and then went through a rebuild, sitting down the bottom for a few years, which sucked. Now I am steadily rebuilding only chopping one or two players each year and keeping the youth together so I can have a crack at playing finals again.

Squad sizes are perfect in my opinion.

• Like Like x 6
  5. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

What a flurry of activity!!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Fuck this I’m out. If people can’t honour their word then I’ve got no interest in being a part of it anymore. consider the toys thrown out of the cot

That’s retirement for me and Ararat. Best wishes to the new coach you guys find.
    Those who chat with me outside the forum, you know where to find me

peace

7. Wolffy84

Wolffy84 Well-Known Member

Was a fun couple of hours. Would be great if coaches could publish their available for trade players a week before the delist deadline. Would help to get the trade discussions going a bit earlier.

• Like Like x 1
  8. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

Hey guys. I also de-listed Peatling, so pick 27 for me is still live.

9. YAD69

@martyg sorry about that, I missed that, you are correct, will update the PSD Order

• Like Like x 1
  10. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

In my case, I don't usually set out with a goal of trading specific players. However, when I get a good offer, I have a look.

11. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

@JPK Am I the only one that can’t see the Free Agents list?

12. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

No........me neither. Think walesy is in the middle of uploading to 2023

13. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Not sure whether I should like or dislike :)

14. YAD69

It appears that you can't see the FA List, can't see the Stats page either.
    I believe it may be something to do with the update of players, teams, positions etc that @walesy is doing.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

With a bit of manipulation the sorted 2022 Round 23 FA list for the FU (League ID 10) can be extracted via
    http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...gueTeamId=FA&tsLeagueId=10&sort=ave&desc=desc

Accuracy is not guaranteed and clearly this includes delisted and retired AFL players and excludes National, Rookie and SSP Draftees and any "delisted" players still on FU lists.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

17. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Just confirming there was no hijacking of picks going on, @choppers helped me out to keep things moving in the draft and made my selection for me from a list I sent through. Much appreciated

It has marked a monumental moment for the Buffaloes with the first ever brown and gold player to be allowed to call Serengeti home. The previous ban had been lifted after the main source of the infection originally requiring the embargo had been cleared out at the end of 2021. A whole year was needed to ensure there were no lingering affects but the site has now been cleared to reengage with.

Unfortunately that nasty virus has again reared its ugly head and looks to have spread to a blue and white part of the ORFFU world. The club is investigating further to see what damage has been done and already cleared out Kallan Dawson as a precaution. Tarryn Thomas’ position at the club is also under threat and is said to be quarantining away from the group until further information can be acquired.

• Like Like x 8
  18. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Is the free agent list not working for anyone else ?

19. YAD69

@bryzza

• Like Like x 1
  20. YAD69

@choppers didn't think I had a chance of moving up the list, however a late opportunity came up and was lucky enough to negotiate a deal.