In Round discussions et al

Discussion in 'tsAddicts SC Keeper League' started by Len, Mar 23, 2016.

1. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing that mate.

Given we have 3 more bye rounds to negate, can everyone post there teams as soon as they can here each week for Len to update.

Sorry to ask this of you Len…

• Like Like x 1
  2. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Thanks mate, I'm sure i wasnt blessed with options... :D

• Like Like x 3
  3. snoz

snoz Moderator

Going early on my round 13 team in case I have no access later in the week:

DEF: Weitering/DMoore/Wilkie
    MID: Adams/Dawson/Bont/Brayshaw/McCluggage
    RCK: Witts
    FWD: Dunkley/Gulden/DCameron

EM: Grundy

4. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I have been chatting with Snoz about making some changes to the league for next season, firstly in an effort to make it simple moving forward and easier for everyone to manage ongoing, and secondly to try to even out the competition a bit.

So first announcement; as of next season there will be priority picks for bottom 2 year on year – this should even out the competition significantly:
    • Each round, the bottom 2 get the first 4 picks, bottom gets 1 and 3; second bottom gets 2 and 4
    • Then 13 and 15, 14 and 16, and so on up to the point their squad is full
    • This means, like it does for everyone, they have the option of delisting more than the minimum mandatory number of players
    • Final finishing ordering for this year will be based primarily on EDIT: finals finishing order for the top 4, then premiership points for the bottom 6, and then percentage for any tie breakers
      • UNT & NWB will be given an average weekly score ‘top up’ as UNT missed submitting a team for the first round

Second announcement; given the kerfuffle we have experienced with the byes this year, next season we will:
    • Start Round 1 or 2 next year, skip the byes and play 18 games (so home and away) head to head + a finals series
    • Starting round and finals TBC once the 2024 AFL fixturing is released; based on how many AFL H&A rounds, bye structure, etc
    • This means we can self manage out teams each week instead of having to post them in the chat during the byes :(

Third and final announcement (for now); squads will be going back to 20 players. This was going to happen this year, but we left it too late and decided to play through the byes (uggghhhh). The question I have for all the coaches is "When do we cull the surplus 3 players from our lists?"
    • Before the start of next season, making 8 the minimum mandatory number of players to be delisted; or
    • Immediately after the byes (post round 15) this year, meaning we would all delist 3 players back to the pool
    In line with trying to even out the competition, I believe we should do it after the byes firstly because the once the byes are done, there is no further need for the extra players from a squad management perspective and secondly, because most of the rookies we are all stashing have less time to mature on our lists and remain unknown quantities, opening them up this season to coaches who are rebuilding or willing to take a long term punt.

So let's put it to a vote, thumbs up for a 3 player delist this season after the byes, and thumbs down for a 8 player delist in the pre season.

@Len
    @choppers
    @snoz
    @Tylo
    @HOLKY
    @graeme
    @DamoH
    @dmandrews
    @stripey

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Hi again all,
    Seems the boss fixed whatever issues there were the database, at least for this round, as I was able to remove my bye players and update/submit my team.
    Post in the chat if you have any issues.

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Is that due to a ghost player @choppers ?

The way to tell is a full clear/reset of your team to discard any ghosts then put all of the required players back in

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Will do now...

8. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Great advice mate.............everything is OK now.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  9. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

the likes have it....no delist until the end of the season

10. snoz

snoz Moderator

Pretty sure we are the only comp playing thru the byes, site will rollover in time this week for Thursday's match ?

11. snoz

snoz Moderator

RD 15 preliminary squad, site hasn't rolled over and going to bed soon. Want to at least get this in before the 1st game.
    ((Pending changes post teams..............)

DEF: Powell/Wilkie/Dawson
    MID: Brayshaw/Dunks/Gulden/McClug/Adams
    RCK: Witts
    FWD: Owens/Luko/DCameron
    EM: D Moore

12. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

Bin Chickens Rd 15 Team

DEF: Stewart/Sinclair/Redman
    MID: Josh Kelly/Titch/Parker/Hewett/Bolton
    RUC: Cox
    FWD:Dylan Moore/Van Rooyen
    EM:H Young

13. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

relax guys, the site has been rolled over

• Like Like x 1
  14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

DEF: Rich
    Mid: Short
    Ruck: Nankervis
    FWD: Daniher

• Like Like x 1
  15. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Think my changes pre-dated the "lock", but just to be sure:
    D: Harris Andrews
    M: Lachie Neale
    E: Nathan Broad

• Like Like x 1
  16. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

I entered this, cleared the team first, I've assumed Rich was a strategic pick

17. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Got our backside kicked by the Krunchy Nuts - well done @JoshyC . Timely reminder that selection meetings are important.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Finals all....

Firstly, thanks for a great year and what a year it was. The new coaches had an immediate impact and shook up the league. I expect this to continue over the next couple of seasons with the new rules to be introduced start of 2024 (rules page to be updated in Feb). I'm hoping someone puts their hand up to write a season review once we are done but if not, thanks to all for their participation, and good luck to the coaches in the Finals.

Given we are playing the original McIntyre System, @snoz will play @graeme in the 1st Semi for a shot to move straight into the GF, with the loser going into the Prelim, while my Krunchy Nuts and @dmandrews will battle it out in the 2nd Semi, with the winner also going into the Prelim.

No difference in the ladder positions resulted after adjusting NWB points against and UNT points for. NWB ended up on 19045 against with a percentage of 105.6%

Final finishing order (and reverse drafting positions for next year) are as follows:
    Snoz
    Nemesis
    Tiger Of Old
    Krunchy Nuts
    Nomad Wilderbeast
    Bin Chickens
    Panguna Panthers
    Untouchables
    The Drop Kicks
    Magic Mountain Magpies

EDIT: The bottom 7 being @HOLKY @stripey @DamoH @Len @choppers @dmandrews @JoshyC can no longer make any changes to their squads, but we thank these coaches for a great year and look forward to seeing what they bring next season.

The bottom 6 being @HOLKY @stripey @DamoH @Len @choppers and @Tylo can no longer make any changes to their squads, but we thank these coaches for a great year and look forward to seeing what they bring next season.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  19. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

@Len could you upload the finals fixture please?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Why are we doing percentage and not points for as in the past?