ORFFU 2023 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by JPK, Aug 23, 2022.

1. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Who is it that had been very helpfully keeping track of list change numbers? Any chance we could get an update, I’ve lost track of myself..

• Like Like x 1
  2. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

The list changes thread is up to date, prior to MSD delistings, I’ll sort this out as we go.

• Like Like x 1
  3. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

Cheers!

I’d be happy to take it as my 4th change but Schoenberg hasn’t been on the Serengeti list.

4. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I feel like the trade thread should be split into Completed Trades and Trade Talk.

5. eagle_eyed

Good thought, done

6. eagle_eyed

@JPK

Hey Chief, any thoughts on dates for delisting cut off, trade deadline, and MSD?

• Like Like x 1
  7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Working backwards:

• AFL proper (no byes) restarts in Round 16 - Thursday 29 June.
    • Teams finalised before AFL Round 16 commences, so no more trading or any other list changes - 20:00 EST on Wednesday 28 June.
    • Some time for extra trading after the draft (around AFL Round 15-ish). Remembering that no team can exceed 28 players after the draft starts.
    • A week for the draft itself should be heaps, so we'll start at the end of AFL Round 14 - Lets go with 20:00 EST on Sunday 18 June (after the North-Dogs game is complete).
    • Delistments and Trade Pause to commence before draft, so sometime on the Sunday in AFL Round 14 - Say 16:00 EST on Sunday 18 June.
    • Trading and uneven lists can occur as they are up until the Delistment and Trade Pause.

Now read from the bottom to the top to get a chronological order of things.

Does this sound good to everyone?

• Like Like x 12
  8. ron swanson

ron swanson Well-Known Member

day, florent, campbell, wardlaw, MJ, c-mac, meek, rachele all firing on the week off!!!!! ouch

9. Wolffy84

Wolffy84 Well-Known Member

Friendly reminder that player delistings need to be announced by 4pm EST today, with a view to starting the MSD at 8pm EST today.

• Like Like x 2
  10. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@JPK are we in a trade pause yet? There seems to have been trading and delisting after the cut off time. Also, EE has asked for more time from you and no response.

11. JPK

Yeah, was approached and approved via sms. African time seemed like a fair excuse to need 1-2h more.
    I'm getting lenient in my old age ;)

12. JPK

Harry McKay

Harry McKay did show up on the free agents list, and was selected at pick 3 by King Island @Tylo

It appears that Nuytsland @bryzza did not delist him, and selected the incorrect player in TSL.

Option 1:
    Assuming Harry McKay wasn't supposed to be delisted, then we're going to have to run the draft back to pick 3 and go again. Unfortunately some coaches "hands" have already been shown.

Option 2:
    We can maintain all other picks as they were and give King Island @Tylo the very next pick. But that is a demotion for him through no fault of his own.

Any support for option 1 or option 2, or any alternates?

• Option 2 Option 2 x 2
    • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
  13. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Really sorry guys. I guess it depends on who @Tylo wants to pick if that player has already been drafted he should get first dibs

14. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

I would go with Option 1. In this case it looks like Tylo was picking to get a forward and there are better options than Samson Ryan in that regard.

15. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

I'm impacted so difficult for me to comment on this one. I guess it is a question about if he was going to pick up one of the players already picked.

• Like Like x 1
  16. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Really it's pretty poor, as of right now Neale & Doc are still in the pool but we all know not to pick him in the draft because he was not delisted.

17. eagle_eyed

On the fence with this.

Not fair onTylo, but with our draft hands already shown, it's not fair on the coaches that have selected at 4, 5, 6.

Balls up to the extreme!!!

18. Wolffy84

Wolffy84 Well-Known Member

Im one of the impacted coaches. Keeping my eye on this, but obviously im biased so not going to vote.

19. JPK

We're going to have to redo the pick number 3 as Harry McKay was not an available player.

@Tylo you have the next pick, which will be your replacement pick.

All other picks (so 4 through 6 of Samson Ryan, Liam Stocker, and Paddy Dow) will remain as they are.

The following pick after King Island will be pick number 7, at Banchang.

• Like Like x 6
  20. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Can I just make a quick PSA gents (public service announcement for those who hate acronyms as much as I do):

please take the onus upon yourself to update your teams in tsLeagues. It’s not that hard. If you don’t know how or just CBF, then at least ask someone and I’m sure they would be glad to help.

after the McKay debacle, I’ve also noticed a few players are not in the FA list, yet were clearly delisted in the 2023 pre-psd period.

not the end of the world, but a little unfair to the blokes perusing the FA list and trying to draft.

just please give the Commish and his helper elves a little hand and at least look after your own teams.
    Cheers

• Like Like x 7