ORFFA Round 6 Review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Bandit, Apr 23, 2024.

1. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I'm lacking time, and my selections the past few weeks also indicate I am lacking intelligence... so I got our future robotic overlords at ChatGPT to do this weeks review... here it is

Ah, fellow fantasy football fanatics, gather round for a recap of this week's rollercoaster ride! Brace yourselves, because the twists and turns were more dramatic than a squirrel on a trampoline.

First up, we had the Mount Beauty Uglies taking on the Wineglass Bay Packers. It seems Mount Beauty's beauty was only skin deep this week, as the Packers packed a wallop, leaving the Uglies contemplating a new skincare regimen in their 1079 to 892 defeat.

The Nuffers and Grasshoppers went toe-to-toe in a clash that had more twists and turns than a Bollywood plotline. Despite the Nuffers putting up a valiant effort, the Grasshoppers hopped their way to victory, leaving the Nuffers feeling like they'd been hit with a cricket bat made of disappointment. They're like the underdog in a rom-com—still rooting for them to make a comeback!

Waikickamoocow Incorrigibles went hoof-to-hoof with the Larrikin Lagoon Lefties, but the Incorrigibles proved to be just that—incorrigible! In a showdown that had fans on the edge of their seats (and some falling off in excitement) they corralled victory with a score of 1247 to 1149, leaving the Lefties feeling like they were swimming upstream in a sea of defeat.

The Gariwerd Cockatoos squawked up against the Birdsville Battlers, but it seems the Battlers had more than just wings—scoring a whopping 1267 to 952. With feathers ruffled and egos bruised the Cockatoos may need to polish up on their aerial maneuvers, and some avian anger management classes.

Venus Bay Vultures and Iron Knob Codpieces clashed in a battle as intense as a chili-eating contest. The Vultures may have soared high, but the Codpieces armored up, leaving the Vultures grounded with a score of 1150 to 1222. Looks like metal beats feathers this time!

Wagga Wagga Wombats and Dunsborough Dung Beetles duked it out, but it was the Wombats who proved to be the underground champions with a score of 1327 to 1288. Looks like the Beetles got squished in this matchup!

Marble Bar Misfits faced off against Charlies Opening Spelunkers, and boy, did things get rocky! The Misfits were left feeling like they were between a rock and a hard place with a score of 1391 to 1149. Despite their best efforts, the Misfits found themselves lost in the caverns of defeat, while the Spelunkers emerged victorious, shining a light on their path to glory.

And last but not least, the Lovely Banks Lilacs locked horns with the Cradle Mountain Devils. It was a battle as picturesque as it sounds, but it was the Lilacs who bloomed brighter, winning with a score of 1220 to 1181. Looks like the Devils couldn't quite summon enough fiery spirit this time!

That's all for this week's fantasy football frenzy, folks! Remember, it's not about the size of the trophy; it's about how many victory dances you can fit into one victory celebration!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 12
  2. snoz

snoz Moderator

Wow......seriously that was chatGPT that wrote that?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Sure was. Prompt was "Write me a funny review of this weeks fantasy football results for my league." and then I uploaded the data... it spat out the output.

• Like Like x 4
  4. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Drat, my secret source of fantasy reviews has been outed. Get right royally stuffed Banditto

• Like Like x 4
  5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

'leaving the Nuffers feeling like they'd been hit with a cricket bat made of disappointment'

I wonder if a cricket bat made of disappointment hits harder than a cricket bat made of wood?

• Like Like x 4
  6. snoz

snoz Moderator

Truly amazing @Bandit........I played on it a little this week for the first time, but if it can do TS round reviews, the end is nigh
    for all of us hahahahahahahaha

• Like Like x 2
  7. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Not happy with that KI Guy, we were going well until this

"The Uglies are beginning to annoy me. Young 114, Rioli 116,
    Butters 130, Walsh 166 (stop it), Hill 132 & Gawn 138. But then you have Nic Cox 54 filling in for Maynard
    and a donut on the INT bench and you still win? Get stuffed Bama."

Clearly we do NOT take criticism very well! Bama has assured we will recover quickly from this loss & I pity the team we play next :p

PS Not enjoying your little one liners Bandit! (skin deep.. blah.. blah) :) :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Haha, good question!

• Like Like x 1