Supercoach New Rules Released

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Gods_Gift, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Gods_Gift

Gods_Gift New Member

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Thanks GG. (Fixed the link)

You will need to put the website between the two url signs... to get them to show up

On the info listed in the link, no way you'd bother paying for Supercoach Gold with TooSerious out there - the worst kept secret in fantasy football

SupercoachPro with the live draft, now that sounds interesting. As long as it's not too expensive, I'd think about giving it a go.

3. Gods_Gift

Gods_Gift New Member

Yeah fixed it haha =] Yeah Supercoach Pro does sound interesting, i want to hear more about it :)

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

<blockquote>- Kangaroos big man Drew Petrie shapes as an early bargain, priced at &#36;216,600 after missing much of last year with foot injuries</blockquote>

<blockquote>Docker Michael Barlow has been lumped with a huge &#36;450,000 price rise from 12 months ago after his outstanding debut season</blockquote>

<blockquote>Goddard and Ablett both averaged 130 points a game last season, but Goddard's versatility has been rewarded with a price tag of &#36;633,700 - almost &#36;2000 more than the new Suns captain.</blockquote>

<blockquote>Collingwood star Dane Swan, at &#36;617,300, is the only other player worth more than &#36;600,000.</blockquote>

5. spud

spud New Member

~4860-4870 is looking good for the magic number

Works out for petrie as well assuming a 20&#37; discount.

Looks as though it's lower than what was anticipated which is pleasing. Wonder if they'll throw a higher premium on the GC players though.

6. Daveo

Daveo Member

@ GG
    Supercoach pro could be awesome. Could be worth setting up a few TS leagues.

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

So who's going to start Goddard, Ablett & Swan at those prices!!!! With Petrie so cheap he's now a must imo.

8. spud

spud New Member

Goddard and Swan were locks for me, as i assume they were for most. Though i'll wait for a quick peak at pendles price before definitely locking swan in and building around him.

Ablett will be an upgrade target in round10, once the GC have had their two byes. He could start slowly too given his interrupted preseason, coupled with the team playing together for the first times (should hopefully start getting more of the ball as the season progresses)

9. Gods_Gift

Gods_Gift New Member

@ Daveo, Yeah ill be in for a TS league, I wonder when they will release more information on it?

10. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Supercoach pro sounds like the espn fantasy NBA league we have going right now.

I'll be interested to see how much money the Herald Sun makes by charging people for things like Supercoach Gold. Newspapers are running at a loss now, so charging people for content like this is the only way old Rupert and his mates will make ends meet (rip us off more).

11. Wiggles

Wiggles Moderator

Supercoach Pro! That's sounds good, but how would the live draft work? Only one person gets Goddard?

12. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Pretty much Wiggles. Would expect it to be the same as the DReam Team one. Each player can only be picked once, so kinda makes it more like real football. You will probably have a 2min time limit or something to pick your next player before getting auto picked.

What time does everyone think Supercoach & DreamTeam will open tomorrow??

13. Wiggles

Wiggles Moderator

midnight last year thunda

14. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

SC Pro:
    It wouldn't be that easy as you'd have to juggle the prices at the same time as watching other's picks. Going by 500 players at roughly 2 minutes each would go 900 minutes for the draft. 15 hours, you'd have to be keen.

15. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Lucas - I thought the same thing y'day ... long long draft with lots of players in it.

I reckon to work they'd have to limit the leagues to 10 teams, maybe even eight teams in fact.

Bye rounds wouldn't count, and that way only the players at the top and mid teirs of the heap would be picked.

Add the budget limit in and wow, very complex.

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Cheers Wiggles

The DT one doesnt have a salary cap and is only played with 10 teams over the last 13 weeks or so. And you dont have as many on your list as normal, but everyone scores points from memory (could be wrong with that)

I guess all will be revealed in T-Minus 13 hours if they open at midnight.

17. Fez

Fez Moderator

Supercoach opens at midnight tonight can't wait!!!

18. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

I was in a DT PRO league last year, and didnt like it...

Bring on the opening...

19. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

DT Pro in the past has tried, but considering there are actual free options out their that can do exact what it offers, I think charging is a bad idea.

That said, SC at least has a proprietary scoring system that can't be got elsewhere...

20. Steve

Steve Moderator Staff Member

If only Supercoach could have a live scoring system like the ESPN NBA fantasy. Then we would have everything that we need.