2024 ORFFA round 10 review

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by That KI Guy, May 22, 2024.

1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

So ok, I ran out of time so youse get the AI prose.

Retro round review with a sprinkling of 80s disco funk.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the funky town of ORFFA Round 10, where the beats are hot and the scores are sizzling! Get ready to shake those hips and groove to the rhythm of disco-bot as we recap the action-packed matchups.

Venus Bay Vultures 1194
    vs
    Wineglass Bay Packers 1093

First up, the Venus Bay Vultures took flight against the Wineglass Bay Packers in a showdown that had more funk than a disco ball! With a score of 1194 to 1093, it seems the Vultures spread their wings and soared to victory.

Wagga Wagga Wombats 1123
    vs
    Gariwerd Cockatoos 1040

Next on the dance floor, the Wagga Wagga Wombats and the Gariwerd Cockatoos strutted their stuff, but it was the Wombats who boogied their way to a win with a score of 1123 to 1040. Looks like they had the moves to shake those Cockatoos off their tailfeathers!

Marble Bar Misfits 1326
    vs
    Waikickamoocow Incorrigibles 1348

Then, in a clash of disco dinosaurs, the Marble Bar Misfits and the Waikickamoocow Incorrigibles battled it out under the glittering lights of Xanadu! With scores of 1326 to 1348, it seems the Misfits just couldn't quite find their groove.

Lovely Banks Lilacs 1001
    vs
    Nareewillock Nuffers 1363

But fear not, disco darlings, because the Lovely Banks Lilacs tried to bloom against the Nareewillock Nuffers, but it was the Nuffers who brought the funk with a score of 1363 to 1001. Looks like the Lilacs wilted under the pressure of the dance floor!

Cradle Mountain Devils 1374
    vs
    Mount Beauty Uglies 1403

In a showdown hotter than a Saturday night fever, the Cradle Mountain Devils and the Mount Beauty Uglies lit up the disco ball with their dazzling moves! With a score of 1374 to 1403, it seems the Uglies brought the beauty and the beats.

Charlies Opening Spelunkers 1456
    vs
    Gundagai Grasshoppers 1376

And in the ultimate showdown of disco divas, Charlie's Opening Spelunkers and the Gundagai Grasshoppers battled it out, but it was Charlie's crew who grooved their way to victory with a score of 1456 to 1376. Looks like they dug deep and found the rhythm!

Dunsborough Dung Beetles 1086
    vs
    Larrikin Lagoon Lefties 1313

In this electrifying matchup, the Dunsborough Dung Beetles faced off against the Larrikin Lagoon Lefties. With the Beetles busting out some serious moves and the Lefties bringing their A-game, the disco fever was off the charts.
    But when the final whistle blew, it was the Lefties who strutted their stuff and shook their groove thang to victory, scoring 1313 to the Beetles' 1086. Looks like those Lefties left the Beetles spinning on the dance floor

Iron Knob Codpieces 971
    vs
    Birdsville Battlers 1249

But alas, not every disco dancer can stay in step. The Iron Knob Codpieces found themselves outshined by the Birdsville Battlers, scoring 971 to 1249. Looks like the Codpieces got caught up in a wardrobe malfunction!

And there you have it, folks, another electrifying round of Orffa action that had us boogieing until the break of dawn! Until next time, keep those disco shoes shining and those speccies flying high.

• Like Like x 9
  2. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

And I thought disco was dead.

Well @Len 1326 from a weakened side. Pretty good going, which suggests when your Giants are back you'll fare a lot better than the current 13th on the table.

The cows were pretty happy with the calves' scores, but we do need some reinforcements if (and it's a big if) we have to compete with the big teams later in the season.

Last edited: May 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I thought my white flared suit was the standout.... didn't even get a mention!

Great write up, love the disco theme.

• Like Like x 1
  4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I can see the mirrorball from here. Thanks KI Guy.

5. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Bit of Ugly (behaviour) at the away teams can bar I can tell you.
    I may have been cheering too loud & forgetting alcohol effect at altitude