Supercoach Website

Discussion in 'AFL' started by tk, Feb 2, 2011.

1. tk

tk New Member

I haven't been able to access the Supercoach website at all, either yesterday or today.

To start with, I thought the Hun must just have been overloaded... but I'm starting to get a bit suspicious now (as well as frustrated as hell!).

I have no issues with any other internet connections including all other Hun pages. Also, the Dreamteam website (infuriatingly) works fine.

I'm far from techy/IT literate - but I've tried two different laptops (that have different anti-virus) and have tried both Chrome (default) and IE. My internet is with Optus.

Anyone else having the same problem? I'm guessing pretty much everyone else has access by the types/frequency of other comments in the forum. Grrrrr....

Any suggestions about how I can fix this problem?

Killing me.

2. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

tk..
    As I use a system where we are locked out of a lot of sites (work, not home)..
    DAZZLER uses " PERTHNOW SUPERCOACH " and I get into that one fine..

Give it a bash, hope it works for ya..

3. tk

tk New Member

Oh, thank you SO MUCH.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I'm in.

My blood pressure is returning to vaguely normal levels.

I work for myself, so I *am* the network administrator... but have absolutely no clue why I have somehow ended up being blocked.

Perhaps it was some kind of Freudian protection mechanism to ensure I don't sacrifice my livelihood in honour of my ridiculous SC addiction...? Ha ha.

Thanks again.

4. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

Glad to be of service to you...

Go and have a look at DAZZLER for me, and hopefully you will be able to help me;)

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I'd check there wasn't a virus on the router (yes I've seen some issues with their software being attacked) or some web blockers on these pages.

Being without the HS might not be too bad though, I think Chris88 would agree.

6. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Have you got a tech-savy mate who knows about your supercoach addiction? ;)

7. tk

tk New Member

Ha ha... I might just have to broaden the exposure of my addiction if I'm going to get external help!

Love your website, walesy.

I was a very regular lurker last year, but I don't comment all that often (not sure if my two cents is worth even that).

You and your knowledgeable community helped me win all three of my SC leagues last year - so thank you!

And so the addiction continues in 2011....

Just made a donation. :)

Cheers
    tk

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

I currently can't get onto superfooty.com or the supercoach site

9. fryzie

fryzie New Member

I kinda wish they'd shut me out for a while.. I feel like these little adjustments I'm making every second hour are going to cost me 50k ;)

10. shep34

shep34 New Member

I too have been having trouble accessing the Supercoach site through the Herald Sun, but after reading this thread, I tried the Perth Now site, and got in straight away!!! No idea why there would be a difference, as I seem to have full access to the Herald Sun for everything else they have online...
    And, my ISP is Optusnet! Wondering if it is an Optus issue....???

11. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Not an optus issue, I was on last night

12. spud

spud New Member

Shep,

We have the same ISP and I can't say i've experienced any difficulties getting onto supercoach or superfooty as of late.

13. shep34

shep34 New Member

Very strange. I logged onto "last years" Supercoach site just a week or two ago, and reviewed banter from a league Psyche Out.... so that did work.
    Must be some settings i have. Tried getting on via desktop, laptop, I-Touch.... nothing. But I got straight on via PerthNow!!

14. tk

tk New Member

The weird part is that I had no problems whatsoever when I accessed the supercoach.heraldsun.com.au URL on Sunday (I was checking the SC homepage to see if anything new had been uploaded in anticipation of the 2011 season opening).

Nothing had changed on the SC webpage at that point - it was still just the 2010 interface - so I guess this means the H/Sun techies changed something when they uploaded the new 2011 interface that my computer/ router /god-knows-what simply doesn't like .

Whatever the case, I'm a happy perthnow registree now.

Totally weird that one newspaper site works and not the other. Seems sensible to think it would be the same.

15. shep34

shep34 New Member

I too am a PerthNow user! Don't really want to be, but if that is how i need to connect to SC, so be it...
    Have shot the HSun sports dept an email explaining the login issues, so hopefully (most likely not!!) something can be done to unblock my IP address - my ISP told me if i can access pretty much everything else on the net, apart from this site, it might just be a blocked IP addy...??!!