First Supercoach Team!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dabombers, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Fez

Fez Moderator

Ruddy - my backs atm are exactly the same

2. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from dabombers on February 8, 2011, 15:54
    Whats peoples thoughts on price rises for premiums.
    Have we been given 60k off on their current averages. If this is so when Swan and ablett both get 3 games of 130 plus are they going to go up above 700k making them really hard to upgrade to????</blockquote>

I don't think it will work that way mate.
    What has happened is they have lessened what is referred to as 'the magic number', that is, the &#36;'s per point to work out a players starting price.

This year it appears to be around 4865 which means Goddard, who averaged ~130.24 last year will be priced at &#36;4865*130.24=&#36;633,608(marginally off).

If Goddard comes out and scores his average consecutively, he will gradually fall in price rather than shoot up to the ~700k that might have been associated with a 130 average last year - that is because a player needs to improve slightly on their average in order to maintain their current price (as a result of rookies increasing)

Tl;dr
    We have not been given an upfront discount per se, and players will not skyrocket if they score last years average to start with, rather the number used to calculate the starting prices have been reduced.

3. travo420

travo420 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from dabombers on February 8, 2011, 20:21
    Nice balance there travo420, a couple of nice premiums, all players on field should score, Nice mix of Rookie bench. I guess if I broke it down I wouldn't consider the Chad as he's not like he used to be in SC and could be ports sub. Carrazzo???? price wise is ok and did start last season pretty good, but fell off. Nice yet what trades are you planning.</blockquote>

dont plan my trading too far in advance, like to see my rookies increase their price first and then plan when to cash them in to upgrade to premiums

4. TooNew

TooNew New Member

thanks for the advice Lezyeoh
    i have replaced a few rookies with mid range and prems

BK Godddard,deledio, Enright, Otten Heppell, Gibbs, Toy (cripps, Duigan, Puopolo) MID Judd, Sellwood, Swallow, jack, D swallow, Gaff, (Conca, Krakouer, Atley)
    RK sandilands, jolly, (petrie, Smith)
    FWD Chapman, riewoldt, Rioli, Matera, Pavlich, Prestia, Mzunga, (Howe, Smith, Callinan)
    is there anything other things i have over looked?
    any feed back would be great

5. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Same thing there as most teams TooNew. 6 of your 14 premiums(Going down to Jack and Jolly as Prems) are gonna bring you pain in Round 6. Esp on the FWD line with 3 outs so all 3 rook's need to be getting game time. Love the ruck coverage with Petrie, as until we know for sure he will play its the safest option.

How many teams are going to have Howe in now that he was mentioned on the SC players to watch list...????

I do like Cripps his stats for a rook price last yr are interesting but will he play in the Saints side. ????

Nice MPP's through the list..

6. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from Ruddy on February 8, 2011, 15:51
    Alright guys, i figured i'd post up my current team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

A.Swallow, Bartel, Jack, D Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Harris, Wallis, I Smith

Sandilands, Jolly, Petrie, Z Smith

Chapman, Riewoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Prestia, Richardson, Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

</blockquote>

Very strong team, I'm hoping, as it is very very similar to mine! Backline is identical!
    What made you go with Brown can I ask?
    A Swallow is another interesting one. Not yet convinced. Risks in your midfield could pay off handsomely though.
    Overall, very strong.

I may as well post mine, very similar to Ruddy's. Haven't done too much tinkering for the byes yet, as may focus on league wins. Thoughts?

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Jacobs, Puopolo

Swan, Montags, Jack, D Swallow, Gaff, Harris, Mzungu, Wallis, Atley

Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pav, ROK, Prestia, Krakouer, Matera, I Smith, Tapscott

7. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Thanks spud for the reply on price rises.
    I guess the magic number has changed for the dispersion of points/price , from a new team entering as the sample size has increased.
    As you said that a player will have to increase his output on last season to hold his current value, what is your take on the value of super-premiums then.
    Is it wiser to spread the load of a team into lower premiums(who could increase eg.Jack, Swallow Nth)
    VS taking guys like Swan, Judd, Goddard. Who would need to start the season with guns blazing to hold their Value. As it could be a risk to take either way.
    Will some players increase, Will others decrease????
    Also what is your take on the value of a trade???
    What type of return on a rookie are you looking at before you would consider trading him. Or do you look for the timing to make the most of an opportunity.

8. Hendy

Hendy Member

Travo420, Carats is a dream team player. Should be good in SC... but never delivers. Put Gibbs in his place and pick someone from another team in the midfield or put murphy in.

9. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on February 9, 2011, 11:12
    <blockquote>Quote from Ruddy on February 8, 2011, 15:51
    Alright guys, i figured i'd post up my current team:

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Duigan, Puopolo

A.Swallow, Bartel, Jack, D Swallow, Gaff, Polec, Harris, Wallis, I Smith

Chapman, Riewoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Prestia, Richardson, Matera, Mzungu, Callinan

</blockquote>

Very strong team, I'm hoping, as it is very very similar to mine! Backline is identical!
    What made you go with Brown can I ask?
    A Swallow is another interesting one. Not yet convinced. Risks in your midfield could pay off handsomely though.
    Overall, very strong.

I may as well post mine, very similar to Ruddy's. Haven't done too much tinkering for the byes yet, as may focus on league wins. Thoughts?

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Heppell, Toy, Jacobs, Puopolo

Swan, Montags, Jack, D Swallow, Gaff, Harris, Mzungu, Wallis, Atley

Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin, Pav, ROK, Prestia, Krakouer, Matera, I Smith, Tapscott

</blockquote>

On Brown: With Fev gone, more ball should be directed at Brown. Also, i reckon he should be a bit more injury free, although he is injured atm. My problem, is that i don't know who to put instead. I could afford any of the other forwards, but Franklin and Pav both have the bye round 6, Didak is currently injured, and i don't think he will start well this year, and i reckon B Harvey will decline this year, leaving Brown as the only other premium.

A change i'm thinking about doing to my team is to trade out either Richardson, Mzungu or Matera to Krakouer (Col). I can just afford it with my downgrade from Selwood to Bartel, and it just depends on how Krakouer fits into the team etc. during the NAB cup. My thoughts on Krakouer have changed recently, and i realised, Collingwood wouldn't give up a first round draft pick if they aren't going to play him.

Leaves me with a good forward line of:
    Chapman, Riewoldt, Brown, Rioli, Goodes, Krakouer, Prestia (Callinan and two of Mzungu, Richardson and Matera)

10. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

Know exactly what you are thinking there Ruddy. In a bit of the same boat. Personally I'm banking on Krak's going off tap with his second chance and Using him in Browns spot. my thoughts mid/fwd = posy's + goals + inside 50 VS KPF = contested marks + goals +Fewer Posy's

Bank the cash and use it or don't....

Also These Rookies in FWD line seem like they could be as good as mid Cash Cows.
    But we can't all have the same team....Can We?????

11. Hendy

Hendy Member

Anyone need a good forward rookie?
    http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/former-richmond-rookie-relton-roberts-to-light-up-top-end/story-e6frf9jf-1226002898358

12. Gods_Gift

Gods_Gift New Member

@ Ruddy - Chapman, Rioli and Mzungu will all have the bye in the same week, so if you get rid of one of them make it Mzungu :)

13. BrennyC

BrennyC New Member

I need some help around here boys.

Last year I screwed up massively (first time SCer) and this year I fear I've done the same again. Somehow, I've got my team and I've ended with... &#36;100.

My backs are pretty much reminiscent of what everybody else has. I'm happy with the backs.

Mids (in no particular order as yet)
    Swan, Judd, Bartell, Krakeour, D Swallow, Harris, Mzungu, Wallis and J Polec (last picked for no other reason than 'because')

Rucks (in no particular order as yet)
    Sandi, Jolly, J Tippett, Z Smith

Forwards (in no particular order as yet)
    Chapman, N Reiwoldt, Pavlich, Rioli, ROK, Petrie, Matera, I Smith, Howe, Callanin (Don't know much about this one)

I'm thinking there may be 'issues' somewhere along here... Any thoughts?

I'm thinking I may have issues where I have Krak and Mzungu. Those ones like Smith and the two previously mentioned whom I'm not 100&#37; sure about, I've tried placing them in spots where I can rotate them around if need be...

That's where I fear I may have stuffed up.

Liba... good pick up too you think?

14. ELeviathan

ELeviathan Active Member

Other than Heppell who are the standout rookies with Def/Mid MPP status. I see all these teams with Goddard, Lids, Gibbs and Heppell in Def but don't appear to have D/M player nominated in the mids. I am sure I am missing something? HELP

15. keith_moon

keith_moon New Member

Hey everybody just got back from overseas..I have missed some of the NAB Cup..Was just wondering if my team is still relevant and if you could suggest any changes please.

Back - Goddard, Gibbs, Delidio, Broughton, Gilbee, Otten, Hepplle (J.Toy, Cripps, Duigan)

Mid - Swan, Selwood, Hodge, D.Swallow, Gaff, Harris (Mzungu, Hibberd, Wallis)

Ruk - Sandi, Petrie (Smith, Bailey)

Fwd - Chapman, N.Riewoldt, Pavlich, O'keefe, Higgens, Knights, Krakouer (Prestia, Tapscott, Richardson)

Cash Left - &#36;2,100

I have heard people mentioning to get Grimes in? Would it be worth it?

16. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

@keith_moon
    Petrie is suspended for round 1, and has the bye in round 3, so many have taken him out. Other than that it looks pretty good. Personally, i have Grimes, and he has been great so far in the NAB cup. If Grimes can stay fit, he will be one of the top defenders.

17. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Hey Ruddy, I currently have B Rawlings as my D5. How does he rate against Grimes who I have had in & out mainly out (have Broughton & Ottens)to avoid bye problems. Rawlings ave was good last year did many have him amongst the more serious players?

18. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Personally, i reckon Grimes will go better than Rawlings. At 30, Rawlings may start to decline, especially as their young midfield gets more time. Grimes, should continue to improve, and if he can stay fit will be great. Grimes is also 50k cheaper than Rawlings.

19. BJ

BJ New Member

How old is Gilbee now?

20. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Too old for my team. Listed as 29 in the prospectus.