Position Focus - Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

On McEvoy, He averaged 60 last year didnt he? From limited game time and playing 2nd ruck to Gardiner for entire season. Will be rested up forward and can kick goals.

2. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

@ Spud

Awesome plan Spud - Sounds gold given I have Krak v.2011

Now I just need to replace Petrie in Fwd's.

Total spend available 240k - any miracles hiding under the Grater.

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

You'd think Smith will play. He did in the VFL last year. Should be changing with Fraser to get experience so I would think maybe 50ppg is reasonable.

Mind you, he's not on the GC injured list so he better get on the plane to Perth this week.

I am of the opinion that Derickx was a bit more impressive than expected, and Keefe could get a role with Collingwood.

R3 & R4 to be honest is going to take some good selection thought, but it's not like previous years where there's been only a few options (Skipper/Warnock)

4. Veitchy

Veitchy New Member

Ok here is my line-up so far...

R1 - Sandilands, been great for me in the past and will continue to do so this year
    R2 - Seaby, bit of a risk selecting someone who missed a good chunk of the year in 10 but from what I've seen, as long as he stays injury free will be consistant
    R3 - Fraser, mainly have Fraser as a back up Ruckman while also hoping to milk some cash out of him up on the gold coast
    R4 - Moran, initially I had Charman just for a cash cow at his low priced but after hearing his injury setback, swapped for the Adelade Ruckman. May struggle for a game with Jacobs and Maric looking like the main ruckers with Tippett up forward, Moran could claw a spot with a great pre season

This is all just a rough copy but I don't think it will change too much into the future...

5. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Just a quick heads up to those starting with Fraser at R2 and Smith at R3, expect a donut in round 1 unless your R4 plays.

6. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I have the same thoughts if I go Jolly-Keefe, I need to make sure my R3 plays.

I'm thinking a common mix may well end up Sandi-Jolly-Smith-Derickx.

Something like that sort of structure.

If you put Fraser in R3, you automatically concede $ on ground to someone else. $ wasted on the bench for the sake of a few matches.

7. DAZZLER

DAZZLER New Member

DAZZLER has gone for:
    R1 = SANDILAND - Absolute must have....
    R2 = JOLLY - Ryder is my next option, but he has to run with Hille, whereas, Jolly has only Wood or Keefe to run with, so it would = more game time one would have thought...
    R3 = Z SMITH - As mentioned here, played VFL last year and should get games...
    R4 = BAILEY - Risky I know, but the Hawks wont this kid as No1 ruck, if fit, he will be out there...

I did have the Petrie/Tippett thing as well.
    We dont know how much Tippett will play(with Frazer and Smith), I still have Petrie(forw),but I am tossing up whether to go with a Yarran, Duncan or Watts in the forwards instead...
    End of the day, lost trust in the Petrie/Tippett thing

8. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

Bailey will barely play. As a Hawks supporter, i have come to terms with the fact that his knee just isn't up to it. He played in a scratch match and ended up with swelling in his knee, what do you think will happen in a real match? And it would screw our team over if we brought him in, only to rest him every second match. We just need to let Renouf go and get consistency across the season imo.

9. Having seen Kruezers re-hab to date (saw him lapping once for close to two hours while the main group trained) and his performance on the pre-season camp I'm thinking when he's back that this looks like his year. The new interchange rules can only help a young fit ruckman who can rove and kick too. I'll definately be keeping an eye on his return game, I could be biased though of course...

10. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

@BlueBeliever
    History tells us that Kreuzer won't be back to his best until at least 2012, and in all likelihood, not until 2013.

11. Fair call, I'll just have to wait and watch with my fingers crossed then I guess...

12. DC

DC Member

Still deciding between

Sandi-Cox
    Sandi-Jolly

Leaning with Sandi-Jolly + Cash atm!

13. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Will we see Robbie Campbell this year and if so is he a viable option at R4? Obviously Mark 'big russian' Jamar is first picked, but is he ahead of Spencer, Fitzpatrick and even Gawn? I noticed he wasn't picked for tonights game.

14. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Ahhh...he's injured, so is Fitzpatrick. Wait and see game then I spose.

15. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Robbie Campbell is on the injury list Morko

16. spud

spud New Member

Impressive stuff from big P.Ryder tonight.

To have the second highest tackle count of anyone in the game (7) is a decent effort, and he was rightfully rewarded with a SC score of 112. Throw in 3 goals to add to his 10 disposals, 8 of which were kicks, also helped, although he had the typical kicking efficiency of a ruckman (60%).

Looking like a viable option/point of difference at the moment.

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

^ Agreed spud. Thought I was locked in with Sandi-Jolly but Ryder's game really impressed me. I thought he actually had more possessions, and can find the sticks very easily.
    Spud, How do you think Hille's return will affect his scores?

18. guesswork

guesswork Member

I think Ryder & Hille will spend more time on the ground resting up forward. That will likely translate into more goals/contested marks than last year. That's always good for SC :) I have Ryder in, as someone said before, for a point of difference. After last night, it could be an inspired piece of crystal ball gazing, magnificent research or perhaps just dumb luck!

19. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

All this talk about Ryder needs to stop now!

20. I've noticed not many people are rating Jamar this year, even after finishing second in hit-outs to Sandi last year. I've got him as R2 currently and maybe a good POD, but I'd be interested to hear why people don't rate him