RATE MY TEAM please :)

Discussion in 'AFL' started by laineyboy23, Feb 23, 2011.

1. laineyboy23

laineyboy23 New Member

Defenders
    Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Hurn, Otten, Duigan
    (Hibberd, Puopolo, Toy)

Midfielders
    Pendlebury, Boyd, Bartel, dangerfeild, Swallow(GC), Gaff
    (Harris, Heppell, Polec)

Rucks
    Sandilands, Jolly
    (Z.Smith, Derickx)

Forwards
    N.Riewoldt, Didak, Rioli, S.Johnson, LeCras, A.Krakouer, Prestia
    (Mzungu, C.Richardson, I.Smith)

$43,400 left over

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

We generally do RMTs later on after we've seen a few NABs. Watch out for the threads that Walesy will put up to signal that time to start.

On the whole I like your team balance, pretty standard. Maybe a few too many midpriced forwards, but if that's what you feel comfortable roll with it.

If you want more info per position, look at the position focus threads for defenders, forwards, midfielders and rucks. They are long and detailed and have a good conversation going, kept on track by the fact that it needs to be related to the position discussed.

So if you're not sure your forward setup is right, think about putting a question in that forum like "so what about Stevie J, does he make many sides?"

It's a way of grouping all the best info in one place so we don't have RMTs all over the shop!

As I stressed earlier though we will have a massive RMT probably in the week leading up to R1.

3. laineyboy23

laineyboy23 New Member

oh alright cheers ill try to delete it then :)
    thanks for the advice tho, im proboly going to change my fowards but im definalty staying with rioli just gotta hope he moves to the midfeild :)
    and yeh i might start a topic like that then, thanks :)

4. laineyboy23

laineyboy23 New Member

how do i delete it?

5. WooshApoc

WooshApoc New Member

hi laineyboy2-3,

Personally I dont see much value in Hurn - there are better defenders at the same price with more potential to increase in value. With Glass returning, Hurn won't get nearly as many cheap points from kick ins, and most of Hurn's game is booming kicks to...no one in particular. Not great for scoring.

Dangerfield is the classic risk/reward scenario, although im unconvinced myself..happy for you to prove me wrong! Gaff wont get a game early for West Coast; Woosha rarely bloods rookies early in the season. Save the trade for later in the season.

As for Sandi in the ruck, I think Cox provides better immediate value - Sandi is going to fall in price and both Cox and Jolly will likely rise. Trade in Sandi later in the season and bank the cash.

6. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Some big calls there Woosh.

Dont waste a trade with upgrading rucks as they are the least valuable upgrade targets. Set and forget with the rucks, but always be mindful to keep one or two trades in reserve in case of LTIs.

I wouldnt be to overly concerned about finding the best value players for every position in your team. Select your guns, select your rookies and then splash in a couple of value mid-pricers that you believe will increase 20+ppg. Any less of a potential score increase and they are not worth it.

7. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from laineyboy23 on February 23, 2011, 13:21
    how do i delete it?</blockquote>

I don't think you can, Laine, but no need to.

As Lucas said, the position focus topics will provide you with lots of discussion in the meantime while we're all waiting for the nab cup to finish so we can properly assess teams at the end.

8. laineyboy23

laineyboy23 New Member

oh alright yeh ive been looking at the position focus topics very helpful as ive changed my team a fair bit now, im not keeping hurn and instead looking for a good cash cow in his place or someone whos average will increase significantly