Pls review my SC team?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by dacka, Feb 27, 2011.

1. dacka

dacka New Member

Hi fellow TS's... i read the site heaps last yr but this is the first time that im actually using the wisdom of the community to finetune my team.

Last yr i won premiership in a public league, came 6th in another league and then in the toughest league i came 8th, so i really want to improve my team and have a consistent strategy for 2011.

i read Walesy's GnR post and think that its the way to go, esp with so many new kids running around for the GC Suns.. :cool:

I would really appreciate any feedback on the team i have selected so far...I still have $95K in the bank and he only shaky ones that i can see would be Karmichael or Jed Lamb :?

Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated!!

Cheers... Dacka :)

Dackas Suns of Death are as follow..

GODDARD, Brendon [MID]
    GIBBS, Bryce [MID]
    BRUCE, Cameron
    DELEDIO, Brett [MID]
    TARRANT, Chris
    HEPPELL, Dyson [MID]
    COAD, Michael

DANIHER, Darcy [FWD]
    TOY, Josh
    HUNT, Karmichael

SWAN, Dane
    HODGE, Luke
    MONTAGNA, Leigh
    KRAKOUER, Andrew [FWD]
    BENNELL, Harley
    SWALLOW, David

MZUNGU, Tendai [FWD]
    HARRIS, Daniel
    CONCA, Reece

PETRIE, Drew [FWD]
    SANDILANDS

CORDY, Ayce
    GORRINGE, Daniel

JOHNSON, Steve
    GOODES, Adam [MID]
    PAVLICH, Matthew [MID]
    DIDAK, Alan [MID]
    CHAPMAN, Paul [MID]
    PRESTIA, Dion [MID]
    DAY, Sam

LAMB, Jed
    MATERA, Brandon
    LYNCH, Tom

2. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Gday dacka - welcome to TS

Firstly, we generally tend to wait til after the NAB Cup to focus on Rate My Team (RMT) threads so we are as informed as possible. This is the perfect time to sift through the abundance of information on this site and develop a strategy that you believe will help you improve in season 2011.

That being said, I would be wary of having 9 non-ruck GC rookies in your team. With byes in rounds 1 and 9, they will be 1 or 2 games behind other rookies in their price appreciation. As the main goal for rookies is to grow in value as quickly as possible, this should be taken into consideration. Also, dont shy away from rookies in other teams just because they arent from GC. There are some diamonds there if you research well enough. So finding a nice balance of rookies will serve you well. Currently i have only 4 non-ruck GC rookies.

Some specifics for your team: Darcy Daniher is injured indefinately, Heppell and Hibberd are ahead of him. I would ever go as far as saying all rookie listed players at Essendon have a greater chance of getting a game.
    Drew Petrie is suspended in round 1 and has a bye in round 3 - if you want to keep him, thats fine. just ensure your R3 is guaranteed to be playing
    Jed Lamb and Tom Lynch are slim chances of playing round 1 but are also key position rookies. try looking at Richardson(Nth) or Callinan(Adel)

3. dacka

dacka New Member

Hey liquid,

Thanks for those tips.. Esp the injuries & susp... I also hadn't considered the bye impact and having too many from one team

I'm going to rejiggering my team based on ur suggestions & then post again in the RMT threads once NAB is over

Thanks mate appreciate you taking the time to give me some pointers :)

Cheers Dacka