Position Focus - Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

What is Stanley doing these days SKT?

2. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Apparently is playing couple practice matches down at Sandy in a bid to press for selection in round 1... I think he will play early given our lack of ruck stocks at the moment. Im hoping to get down to the Sandy practice matches so will try and give a report him and some the other Saints listed players....

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Stanley looking an potential option for perhaps R3 now methinks.

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

No way for Stanley for me sorry guys.

5. Lucas

Hornsy love the happy ending. :D

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

With Gardiner onto the LTI, would D.Archer be a possible elevation? But would he still be behind Stanley in the order of things? I think I read somewhere that Archer will be rucking this weekend.

7. Heater

Heater New Member

Very interested to see how Cox goes v Jolly this weekend. Cox's price is very tempting and by having him instead of Sandi certainly frees up some extra cash. Decision Headache No.1 for me ATM!!

8. spud

spud New Member

Tippett has gone off injured in Adelaides practice match (refer to injury thread for details/link). Not sure how serious, but it could be another fwd/ruck that isn't an option if it isn't just a tweak.

Was apparently involved in a minor car accident on the way to the air port this morning as well, so he's not having the best of days.

If the worst comes to the worst for Tippett and it's a serious injury, who is left for those wanting to take advantage of j.tippett in the ruck by having a fwd/ruck in the forwardline?

Stanley would have been in an ideal position before his club imposed suspension; Petrie is missing rounds 1 and 3; Hale hardly helps (alliteration for ya!) with the round6 bye situation as he'll be out too; who on earth is left?

9. Zander

Zander Moderator

I guess we'll have to wait and see how bad it is...
    I think I'm done now though, just keep my rucks and my forwards separate. If the FWD/RUK thing worked it would be worth it, but this shows how easily it could come undone...

10. spud

spud New Member

Seems as though they beat it up a fair bit. Looking at only 1-2 apparently now.

Back on the list I guess.

11. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

@ Spud

Reckon half these journo's are thinking with their own SC teams when they write this stuff. Whip it up, add some eggs and some Mayo and you've got all of us tragics diving for our teams to swap out the dead and dying.

Also off topic and apols to Saints supporters but Clinton Jones you are an awful kick of the agate.

12. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

The obvious boring as you can get duo of

McCauley & McCulloch ....The Mc Attack !!!

No on second thoughts might change it up
    a little bit and go with ....

Sandy & Cox instead, Your thoughts !!!!

13. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

With Charman out and Clark choosing not to ruck, I reckon Broc might get a shot this year if he can get off the rookie list.

I'll be locking him in at R4 if he's named in round 1, that's for sure.

14. Lukeys42

Lukeys42 New Member

I'm thinking of putting Bellchambers in at R3, on the Herald Sun website today, Hille looks like he will be playing foward Friday night if he plays. What do you Essendon guys think, could this be a regular thing during the season.

15. stowie

stowie Moderator

Chucked Broc in at R4 as hoping one of Fraser or Petrie will do the job at R3.

16. gogonz

gogonz New Member

I'm actually thinking of throwing the kitchen sink at my rucks... i.e.... go hard...

Current line up is;

Sandi, Ryder, Petrie, Smith.

I'm also taking K Tippet in the fwds.

i.e. 3 fwd/ruck MPP's

I'm thinking that both Petrie & Tippet are both under rated premiums and have cash cow potential. By about rd 6 or 7, we should know which is worth keeping and which is an upgrade option. Both of them should make a little cash so not a huge loss IMO.

17. Lucas

Lukeys42
    NO! Ryder + Hille I reckon is almost too much. No room for Tommy, which is a shame because he'd be first 18 at Hawthorn haha...

Gogonz, interesting strategy, but I think you're probably losing too much $ on the bench. The difference between a Petrie and a worse ruck leads to an improved other player of around 20 ppg.

By rd 6 or 7 you're already conceding 150 points. Fine if you're going for league, but if you want the 50k, it's not an option you can even think about.

18. gogonz

gogonz New Member

Petrie is only $220k. More than a rookie but to be honest, I'd rather spend the extra $100k now and save a trade for later. K Tippet is mid 300's an is playing in my fwd line as my "speculative" player. i.e. my mid pricer that I think has plenty of upside.

19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I still wouldn't touch Tippett.

And you know he is probably injured?

20. gogonz

gogonz New Member

not serious was the last update on the injury.. 1-2 weeks i heard... ready for rd1