Position Focus - Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Furious

Furious New Member

Your right, as much as I want to be Usain Bolt, the Steve Moneghetti approach is more sensible.

you cant guarantee those 2 trades are going to score 100+. they could just as easily bomb out and give you a 30.

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Higgins is "training the house down" (TM) - isn't everyone at this time of the year?

3. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

I. Smith is probably going to stay in my team to facilitate a 3 way MPP shift with Krak and Mzungu. Got Smith and Krak in the fwds, and Mzungu in the mids. That way if Mzungu is the next Barlow and Krak keeps up the high scores, I can eventually move both Krak and Mzungu into the fwds, put Smith in the mids and upgrade him after 3 or more games to a mid keeper. If I just had Krak and Mzungu, one would always be stuck in the mids where I would rather have a pure mid who would inevitably score higher than a MPP.

4. stowie

stowie Moderator

I have a similar set up Tigerman, but using the slightly more expensive Prestia instead of Smith which will also assist with the Rd 6 FWD debacle.

5. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Is anyone considering Tom Schneider over Smith. I know he hasn't been promoted, but I hear he's a strong chance to be? He also has MPP

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I would be shocked if Schneider got promoted! And even more shocked he got more games than smith this year!

7. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

@NotTooSerious
    Good to know, thanks. :)

8. Corks

Corks Member

Schneider's one I'm hoping will be a downgrade option mid year, when the injuries start to impact and he may get games in the back half.

9. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I think that's a lot more likely Corks.

There is no doubt he has talent and pace but I remember hearing Clarko saying he lacked game experience, so I'd expect to see him play for box hill early.

10. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 11, 2011, 12:00
    Higgins is "training the house down" (TM) - isn't everyone at this time of the year?</blockquote>

Reminds me of Carlton's two flags in five years goal.

Knowing that the average hit rate for premierships is 1 in 17, and that's getting worse next year to 1 in 18, I think teams that make these outlandish statements (Richmond's was in retrospect hilarious) should have to face their fans cutting up memberships when they don't achieve them.

Hawthorn has some sort of shot as do the Dogs who have both came out talking tough.

Thing about the Dogs is they have won nothing for 50 years so let's worry about the next flag before a double.

Richmond hasn't really fired a shot for 30 years so their 2 flags in 5 is a crock of a statement.

I'm sure their fans would be fairly happy with 2 finals in the next 5 years hahaha.

11. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

@Lucas

Hawthorn made that statement before 08. I think this is our 5th and last year to get that 2nd Premiership. Look out ;)

12. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

Hawthorn actually stated this plan at the end of 2007 at their AGM under the 'five2fifty' slogan. We have one premiership and have 2 years to grab the other....fingers crossed.

13. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Its probably been asked but i honestly cant be bothered going through 36 pages to find it..

What are peoples thoughts on Leon Davis? Seems to have been moved into the backline and reading a article on him today it seems like its a permanent move. Priced at only like &#36;300K is he likely to get back to his 09 form?

14. Morko78

Morko78 New Member

@stkildathunda-I posted several pages back(can't remember when)that Rioli, Yarran and Davis have had different roles off half back during the pre-season. Cyril needs to play alot of the time in the midfield with small stints forward for us to really challenge(bias).
    I reckon Yarran is the one you should really watch and if not Neon could re-invent himself off half back if you're prepared to take a punt.

15. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Neon is playing mind games with my Supercoach side tonight. I think he might be a better option than Yarran. Not sure he can ever reach the heights of 09, but even if he averages 90, he's at a VG price... Hmm

16. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

@Morko

Yea ive had Cyril in and out of my team. Just not convinced he will actually play more midfield this year. Not sold on Yarren at all.

Davis is almost locking himself into my squad tonight though....

17. Corks

Corks Member

The beauty about Davis is finals don't count for Supercoach.

18. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Davis' major problem is Krak V2011.

I can't see having to move Krak's to Mids to avoid the problems caused by having two Pies (or two players from any team for that matter) on the same line.

Also I wan't to upgrade Kraks V2011 to Didak and don't think that's gonna happen till after round 7 Bye.

With Swan in Mids that leaves round 7 with the potential for Swan, Krak/Didak and Neon all missing.

Maybe the case exists for ugrading Neon and Krakv2011 prior to round 13 but think there may be other pressing Slaughters that will take precedence.

Not sure if that makes any sense. I gotta stop drinking on Friday's

19. Corks

Corks Member

Anyone know if JRoo got anywhere near it today? Still prefer him to the other options in the mid-400k's (Lucas - please leave your Trav fanclub alone for a moment), but would like to know he got through today OK.

20. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

GOALS
    Richmond: Riewoldt 2, Post 2, Morton, Edwards, Nahas, Grigg

Adelaide: Walker 7, Knights 3, Reilly 2, McKernan, Vince, S Thompson, Mackay, Douglas, Moran