Position Focus - Rucks

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

Corks,
    If Jolly is having such little an impact for the first 7 games that he is scoring 1 supercoach point, he'll be back in the vfl long before that becomes an option.

Petrie may have just played himself back into consideration with his performance against the doggies today. He still presents a risk as he will miss 2 of the first 3 rounds, but sounds as though he could become quite a juicy cow.

2. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

"Aaron Sandilands grew more influential as the game wore on, with West Coast counterpart Dean Cox subbed out of the game at half-time"

surely they wont sub cox in the season proper!!!! I hope not!!

3. Ruddy

Ruddy New Member

@damnfunky
    I think that was just a preseason thing. He has played well in all of the hit outs, and by playing half a game, he kept his form up, without having as much risk for injury.

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Thinking of running with J. Tippett as R4. Prob won't play much, but as a MPP, he allows Petrie to play as a fwd and be cover for the Sandy one in the bye...

5. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Campbell Brown on nine WWS just said best 22 is on the park today except for himself, Ablett and Zac Smith.

Zac "the doc" Smith looking good maybe.

6. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Also looking at Suns team Jarrad Brennan also missing.

7. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

Cox/Sandilands seems to be a lock for me. Concern will be with Sandilands and how he'll go with his foot.

Smith seems to be a good pickup. Coach looking to use him a fair bit during the season

8. Scupper

Scupper New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Mad_Mattigan on March 12, 2011, 22:42
    Thinking of running with J. Tippett as R4. Prob won't play much, but as a MPP, he allows Petrie to play as a fwd and be cover for the Sandy one in the bye... </blockquote>

You would be better off with Hale less cash will play.

9. Scupper

Scupper New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Limo23 on March 13, 2011, 09:20
    Campbell Brown on nine WWS just said best 22 is on the park today except for himself, Ablett and Zac Smith.

Zac "the doc" Smith looking good maybe.</blockquote>
    If that was GC best 22 less above, who ever they beat will be the dog team of the year. GC were lazy and sloppy all day. Is their Coach up to the task?

10. Bongwater

Bongwater Guest

Don't panic if you get Herald Sun update via Email.

The headline "Sandilands raced to Hospital" is Kyle Sandilands not Aaron.

Phew - that would have been just insane for SC teams.

11. Stew

Stew New Member

Slightly different physical specimens there.....

12. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I have had Sandilands, Jolly, Smith and Derickx pretty much the whole time.
    Just yesterday I switched Jolly with Cox, so I'm not sure if I will stick with Cox like I am now, or go back and take the risk with the slightly cheaper Jolly.

13. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

The difference between high fives and sulking into your beer - one name - Kyle v Aaron

I think on the strength of the NAB, Ryder and Cox have eased passed Jolly in my reckoning.

I'm still wanting to know more about the preseasons from Leuenberger, McEvoy, Goldstein and a few others around that middling price range.

Hale and Fraser look to have good job security and reasonable enough predicted points when they get on the park to suggest you could use them to elevator into a fallen premium later in the year.

14. kitkat

kitkat New Member

My rucks are Sandilands, Cox, Trengove and Smith. Trengove is an important part of ports setup especially with their current injuries, will play every game barring injury, and will provide handy backup during byes. He did quite well in his first year and a much better option for R3 than Fraser IMO. Smith is highly rated by everyone at GC, and don't be concerned that he hasn't played yet.

15. BigLance

BigLance New Member

Wonder if Paul Johnson will be elevated to the rucks on SC and DT? Set to be rookie listed by the Hawks 2moro.

16. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I still think Vickery is a sound choice for R3. Will play, pinch hits up forward well and could be emerging a little. If I had the cash he would be there for sure!

17. Locky

Locky New Member

Is there merit in starting Petrie as R3 and trading a forward bench player down to J Tippett some time after round 6 to make some cash?

Would have that extra ~100k sitting on the bench for rounds 1-4, but then he comes on for Cox & Sandi in rounds 5-6, then can move into the forward line after that.

18. rohanj

rohanj New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BigLance on March 15, 2011, 00:49
    Wonder if Paul Johnson will be elevated to the rucks on SC and DT? Set to be rookie listed by the Hawks 2moro.</blockquote>

He's still not listed to select from within SuperCoach for 2011. Is the deadline set for tomorrow for remaining rookie spots ?

19. Thunda

Thunda New Member

My rucks, Sandi, Cox, Hale-mpp, and Z Smith. Petrie in fwd line.

20. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Locky on March 17, 2011, 15:12
    Is there merit in starting Petrie as R3 and trading a forward bench player down to J Tippett some time after round 6 to make some cash?

Would have that extra ~100k sitting on the bench for rounds 1-4, but then he comes on for Cox & Sandi in rounds 5-6, then can move into the forward line after that. </blockquote>

Yep, I'm looking very closely at it. I want to get Petrie in, and as a Ruck over a Forward, I look at it this way.

He sits out rounds 1 and 3, and will be covering my rucks in round 5 and 6.

So if he is in my forward line, he will be onfield in rounds 2 and 4, while with him in the rucks, you get yourself an extra &#36;20k and forward cashcow (provided you can source a good one!)