seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Perhaps Tapscott instead of Prestia and Stanley isntead of Toy.

But honestly its much of a muchness. Could even start with a weak team and see how we trade ourselves up to stronger one.

2. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Sixx, happy with rookies. Everyone locked in early, no confusion.

3. Thunda

Thunda New Member

5 spots left. The code again (if thats ok sixx) is

4. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Looks like we will get a full league. If it's ok with everyone I started a tipping league: 913407.

5. Buzzboys

Buzzboys Member

Sixx, I don't mind your team however, I believe it should be structured based on round 1. ie No GC players on the field or as emergencies. This would also allow flexibility of GC players as part of the 2 trades available. I have locked in your current team. When are you aiming to finalise the team?

6. bookie

bookie New Member

locked and loaded.
    the team looks fine.
    only suggestion i could think of may be to down ground one player to leave some extra cash for trading. it just may open up many more options early days.

7. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

wow...i don't check it for a couple of days...and i come back to a thread that has gone mental! :) Good work Tassiehawk for persisting with it.

I have to admit, i didn;t think that it was going to get up, now there is only 1 spot left!

So this is how I originally saw the concept...

Same team, including C, VC, and emos for Round 1, then after that, its all about the trades. Smartest coach wins! :) I only suggested making 2 trades before Round 1 to try and get some more interest, turns out it wasn't really needed.

I would really like to stick to the original concept, if everyone agrees, as I think that would make it just that little bit more interesting.

We just need to finalise the team.

I will post my current team that I have in this league in a minute, maybe that could be a goer if it hasn't been finalised...

8. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Bakcs - Goddard (VC)(D/M), Gibbs (D/M), Delidio (D/M), Enright, Otten, Heppell, Lower N (Stanley (E), Smith B, Duigan)

Mids - Swan (C), Judd, Selwood J, Goodes (M/F), Swallow D, Conca (Harris (E), Hibberd (D/M), Irons)

Rucks - Sandilands, Cox (Smith Z, Keefe)

Forwards - Reiwoldt, Franklin, Didak (F/M), Harvey (F/M), Knights, Krakouer (F/M), Matera (Sumner, Michie, Richardson (E))

$76,100 left in the bank.

Kind of a G'n'R team, with plenty of MPP to swap around at you will, possibly to make better trades etc.

What do people think of that team?

9. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

Oh, and the Reiwoldt in the FWD line is the Nick version, not the Jack version. :)

10. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Apologies in advance for the length of this post!

If majority rules we can probably all just lock in Sixx's 33 players as final by everyone and we won't allow any changes prior to Round 1 (sorry Eckie it does make more sense when you think about it).

Where I think some are going overboard is asking everyone to play the IDENTICAL 22 plus 3 emgs in Round 1. There have been comments like the Round 1 scores will PROVE everyone started with the same team but given we will all be playing League Games in Round 1 it will be clear once the lockout is in place if anyone has tried a shifty (even though I am sure they won't).

In Round 1 we should be free to choose our Captain, Vice Captain and Subs, and switch Def/Mid DPPs as well, just like we will in every other round.

That way if someone picks Goodes as Capt (or wants to bench him) on a hunch then good luck to them for rolling the dice.

But in order to get this sorted quickly how about we have a quick show of hands of those who are entered in this league. First to 8 - or whoever is in front
    as at 1159pm Sunday night - wins?

Those in favour of freedom to pick Capt, VC and Emgs, and to switch DPPs in Sixx's 33 players (if they want) - 1

Those against - 0 (but sure to be added to shortly, lol).

11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Julz88 on March 17, 2011, 13:30
    ... If everyone has the same score and we all have a draw ...
    </blockquote>

Julz 88 bringing up the Head 2 Head got me thinking - 8 draws in a round is funny but there should be a lot of CLOSE games (at least early on) but will they be boring when there are only 1/2/3/4/5/6 Points of difference - there could also could be a big bunch of teams between 6 and 9 wins at season's end !!

12. Thunda

Thunda New Member

League Full.

13. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Just a thought,

what are people thinking in terms of the overall aim: to see who makes the best trades and has overall best score, or who makes the best trades and has the league win?

14. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

overall
    and dont care about cap choice r1

15. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

overall
    not fussed over cap and emo choices. just as long as we all start with the same 33.

16. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from LiQuiD_SiXx on March 18, 2011, 10:48
    overall
    not fussed over cap and emo choices. just as long as we all start with the same 33.</blockquote>

I agree with Sixx. Just starting with the same 33 will make it interesting enough.

I will lock in Sixx team also.

Good luck everyone...and happy trading! :D

17. stowie

stowie Moderator

This sounds pretty cool, look forward to following your progress through out the season.

18. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

I think it is going to be great.

I plan on posting weekly updates and results to let everyone else on TS follow our teams progress.

19. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

great eckie, that would be cool!

20. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

If you're worried about picking the best team, why don't you all play without captains? That way it's not who gets lucky picking Mark LeCras before he scores 220, but about who's got the best team on the park?

Surely the original idea was to see who could create the best squad through trading? Moving MPPs around to make this easier is an integral part of the game this year...