Position Focus - Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Lucas, Jan 25, 2011.

1. spud

spud New Member

If he is selected round 1, crew, I'm liking him.

2. crew

crew New Member

So am I .....Not sure how I can fit him in (Or if I can trust Bailey) But he certainly has value all over him if going to play early. Maybe some Dee people might know what his JS is ?.

3. chewy

chewy New Member

i dont know what his JS like but melb need someone apart from grimes who can kick properly to a target from defence .depends whether he is fit enough!has had injury problems though. on a side note (PETRIE) are we starting with him or having a look! there is also a certain bald powerhouse in the FWD,S who is doing my head in also.CHEERS

4. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Chewy, I am starting Petrie. just can't see how you can get him in at the start of round 5. your cows will only have gone up twice and unless you are sacraficing a high value rookie (or you have a rookie who has gone up heaps) it might cost you a double trade to get him in. As an example, lets say you start Darling, he would need to average about 75 to get enough cash for a direct swap with Petrie. I think it's either take him at the start or leave him out all together. Unless you want to do a dreaded sideways trade.

5. chewy

chewy New Member

thanks for that mate,makes sense!now for my other dilemma(CHAPPY)by the way how has NICOSKI been travelling or is he just too injury prone!(i,m presuming/hoping you have some idea,unlike me)

6. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

Borderline best 22 IMO, not enough posessions and not efficient enough to be a good SCer. Shame because he can roost it a fair bit, just turns it over too much though. Very unlikely for a breakout at an age around 27.

7. chewy

chewy New Member

thanks again your observations are mine exactly, can kick it, but not necessarily to the right bloke!

8. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Yeah stay away from Nicoski, watched him at the Freo/WC scratch match last weekend and he's just useless. Too many good young guys will push him out of the side.

I'm definitely not starting Chapman any more, I think given his limited pre-season and his history with soft tissue injuries, Geelong might sub him off for the first few weeks and he could score low (by his standards) and hopefully drop off in price a bit.

However if he comes out from round 1 and scores 120+ week in week out I'm going to be burning multiple trades and cash trying to get him into my side.

9. chewy

chewy New Member

exactly fryzie thats what i am scared of!NICOSKI officially had a line put thru him.thanks!

10. eagles2011

eagles2011 New Member

yeah, Chappy is looking like the perfect upgrade target. Limited preseason, should start slow, by round 7 (after his bye) he should be hitting his straps and bottomed out in $$$.

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from eagles2011 on March 20, 2011, 13:26
    Chewy, I am starting Petrie. just can't see how you can get him in at the start of round 5. your cows will only have gone up twice and unless you are sacraficing a high value rookie (or you have a rookie who has gone up heaps) it might cost you a double trade to get him in. As an example, lets say you start Darling, he would need to average about 75 to get enough cash for a direct swap with Petrie. I think it's either take him at the start or leave him out all together. Unless you want to do a dreaded sideways trade.</blockquote>

I like this reasoning, and it is exactly why I am starting Petrie as well. Missing rounds turned me off, but he is only a tad more expensive than some rookies and has shown a fair bit in the later preseason games (92 DT average).

12. Cirillo

Cirillo New Member

What do people think of Mitch Morton Compared to Roughead?

I'm looking for a mid range forward around the 375 mark but I already have Buddy and Rioli in my forward line so will Roughead be too many hawks?

13. Migs

Migs New Member

I think Leon will rack up good scores playing off half back. At the moment I'm agonizing over Goodes and Riewoldt. I'm settled on all my other forwards but I don't know who to go with out of those two. Or should I play Krakouer up forward instead of the midfield and use the spare cash on another gun midfielder?

14. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Ok, my forward line at the moment is:

Riewoldt, Franklin, Didak, Rioli, Goodes, Matera, Richardson (McKernanan, Tapscott, Darling)

I have kind of really been wanting Pavlich, but didn't because of the round 6, and I have Franklin and Rioli. I don't know why I didn't really think about it until now, but what are thoughts on:

Rioli vs Pavlich?

I'm thinking to get rid of Rioli and upgrade to Pavlich. Not sure yet, Rioli should improve this season, but I'm thinking I should see how he goes and maybe use him as an upgrade target later, depending on how he is travelling? The other plus as well, is I can use Pavlich in the midfield as well, considering I have Krakouer in the middle.

15. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

HS says Chappy won't play against Saints. Sorry Lucas :(

16. spud

spud New Member

<blockquote>Quote from GeneralHodge on March 21, 2011, 18:19
    HS says Chappy won't play against Saints. Sorry Lucas :(</blockquote>

Hopefully he gets played as a sub in his first match back. That would be perfect!

How does this affect peoples thinking on SJ? He would seem the obvious replacement, scored well during the NAB, appears he is going to play Abletts role of midfield and resting half forward goalkicker. But will he suffer early with Chappy out? Either being made to spend more time forward or by copping a heavier tag?

17. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

Yeah that's what I'm hoping as well. I think there is a good chance he will be used as a sub. His price will plummet. Yay

18. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

@Cirillo, imo Roughie would be too many Hawks. How about Robbie Gray or Yarran for a bit less &#36;. I cant see Morton playing a lot of gametime in the midfield for Tiges.

19. Cirillo

Cirillo New Member

Cheers Tylo. I went Yarran and upgraded a defender

20. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Anyone else interested in McGlynn based on his pre-season?

I liked the look of him last year and I realise he has durability issues but very consistent pre-season and put out some massive numbers last season.