All SuperCoach scores for the preseason!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stowie, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

STK you must be happy with that, going your all-out midpricer strategy, with Foley, Yarran, Petrie, Ward amongst others all scoring very well.

It will be very interesting whether your team or your antithesis (Lucas' pure GNR) will prove the victor. haha!

@ BB
    With players like Goddard and Roo I think you can look over preseason scores a bit.

2. Goodes every time for me Migs, since watching Rooey butcher a few shots at goal and knee himself in the face I swapped him out quick smart

3. Goddard I'll trust, Rooey I'm waiting on

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

hahaha yea pretty happy with it at the moment. Should be interesting to see which strategy becomes the victor!!

Yea dont take any notice of their scores. If you look nearly all the teams that made the final 4 of the NAB cup are lower then everyone else. I reckon its due to the extra players that played each week. Also they didnt get to play GWS :p

I had a look a earlier when i was asked why Roo starts the seasons slowly and well the fact is he nearly jumps out the blocks every year. In past 3 years in opening rounds he has only had 3 scores under 100.

Riewoldt:

2010: P2- 106, P2 - 113, Rnd 1 - 163, Rnd 2 - 164

2009: Rnd 1 - 48, Rnd 2 - 77, Rnd 3 - 104, Rnd 4 - 146, Rnd 5 - 157, Rnd 6 - 129, Rnd 7 - 142

2008: Rnd 1 - 144, Rnd 2 - 80, Rnd 3 - 65, Rnd 4 - 102. Rnd 5 - 117

5. Migs

Migs New Member

<blockquote>Quote from BlueBeliever on March 21, 2011, 15:38
    Goodes every time for me Migs, since watching Rooey butcher a few shots at goal and knee himself in the face I swapped him out quick smart</blockquote>

yeah, I'll go with Goodes. He looked good against us in the NAB Cup and he seems to have had a good pre season.

6. spud

spud New Member

Harris is a bit concerning at first glance, and Heppells' scores trending downwards over the 3 rounds aren't overly flattering either.

You would tend to think though that if they are both right to play and are doing what is asked of them from the coach, then they will continue to play.

Pittard perhaps not as attractive an option as he was a few hours ago, with 24, 66 and 16. The other port name thrown up, Irons, recorded scores of 44, 83 and 38.

Swallow...looked like a gun during his games, but I reckon we'd want more from him at that price (54 and 55). That said, if anyone has the potential to get better and better as the year goes on, it's him.

Cheney (hawks) could be an option down back if he starts round 1 ahead of Puoplolo, with scores of 93,60 and 87. Priced 10k more than Heppell, and without the MPP.

One thing to remember as well if scores don't look as impressive as first hoped, is that (at least in previous years), NAB cup/challenge matches have only distributed 85&#37; of the points of a normal game as they are shorter (~2800 as opposed to ~3300) so if you're concerned about a player, try dividing their scores by 0.85 first and see how you feel after that.

7. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from spud on March 21, 2011, 16:11
    Harris is a bit concerning at first glance, and Heppells' scores trending downwards over the 3 rounds aren't overly flattering either.

You would tend to think though that if they are both right to play and are doing what is asked of them from the coach, then they will continue to play.

Pittard perhaps not as attractive an option as he was a few hours ago, with 24, 66 and 16. The other port name thrown up, Irons, recorded scores of 44, 83 and 38.

Swallow...looked like a gun during his games, but I reckon we'd want more from him at that price (54 and 55). That said, if anyone has the potential to get better and better as the year goes on, it's him.

Cheney (hawks) could be an option down back if he starts round 1 ahead of Puoplolo, with scores of 93,60 and 87. Priced 10k more than Heppell, and without the MPP.

One thing to remember as well if scores don't look as impressive as first hoped, is that (at least in previous years), NAB cup/challenge matches have only distributed 85&#37; of the points of a normal game as they are shorter (~2800 as opposed to ~3300) so if you're concerned about a player, try dividing their scores by 0.85 first and see how you feel after that. </blockquote>

NAB cup is out of 2800, but challenge matches get the full 3300 treatment.

And remember, Cheney may have scored higher than Pup in that last game, but Pup managed 21 touches in a half of footy. I'd still rather him if he gets named.

8. spud

spud New Member

Ah, rightio Hornsy. I couldn't remember exactly how it's been done in previous years. Thanks for that.

I'm not going on Supercoach scores to suggest Cheney is ahead of Puopolo, Clarko wouldn't give a rats backside obviously. I just feel Kyle has shown a bit more in the preseason to warrant first dibs on the position. Puopolo will certainly get his chance, but may have to prove himself for a few weeks at BoxHill and wait for someone to have a drop in form.

I'm not sure I want a redhead in my SC team though, we all know what happens to them when they're out in the sun for too long ;p

9. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Yeah, it's a shame having red hair isn't worked into the weighting of SC scores. Reckon they should get a discount at the start of the season too.

Agree that Clarko probably favours Cheney, although I'm basing that on blind intuition. Pup's a ball magnet though, and if he gets named R1 I'm jumping on.

Out of interest, I wonder how many people are jumping off Toy for Stanley or Hunt?

10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Personally I was always on Stanley over Toy. Mature aged body and AFL experience sits better with me. And I can understand others' choice in going Hunt, as well.

11. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

Does anyone know where Everitts been playing for Sydney, could he take eskis role?

12. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

<blockquote>Quote from Nick on March 22, 2011, 08:25
    Personally I was always on Stanley over Toy. Mature aged body and AFL experience sits better with me. And I can understand others' choice in going Hunt, as well. </blockquote>

Fair enough.

Personally though, if Toy can crank out a 95 off 10 touches, I'm going to stick with him. Poised, makes good decisions, wins contests, kicks long and accurately. Classical SC player.