Ruck 3 and Ruck 4

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Fez, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Vtech

Vtech New Member

My strategy in the ruck is to use Smith and Tippett both from GCS. I have Cox and 211 at 1&2 and I have Petrie in the fwds to cover for byes and injuries. That is the only reason I have Tippett to open up the MPP with Petrie and I like to use my 3 and 4 ruck from the same club. Don't like to use too much money on the bench at ruck. I would rather use a trade to cover for LTI to either 1 or 2 ruck.

2. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

<blockquote>Quote from TerryinBangkok on March 25, 2011, 12:29
    Who dat JoshyC?
    </blockquote>

derickxxxxxxxxxx

3. JoshyC

JoshyC Well-Known Member

moran maybe anyone?

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

....anyone....?

5. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Moran (from The Age mag) DOB 29/9/86 H: 201 W:100
    Career Games: 17
    Ruckman will need to climb through the ranks again after injuring a knee last year. Uphill battle ahead.
    Pre season: DNP 71 26

6. BennyC88

BennyC88 Member

I've gone for McEvoy and J.Tippett. Thinking McEvoy will get quite a good run thanks to the thin ruck options at the Saints and taking a risk on Tippett on getting me some good money. Also, provides me with a swap with Petrie.

Risky, but banking on a good season with Sex on the Beach

7. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I locked in Moran.

The Crows have 2 big men vying for the ruck1 spot Maric and Jacobs. Jacobs is also out 4 weeks.

The secondary big man will be filled by 1 of McKernan, Moran and Tippett. As the Crows will want Tippett up froward as much as possible, i think its down to McKernan and Moran.

McKernan is obviously getting first crack at it, be interesting to see how much time he rucks compared to playing forward.

Moran is some shot at getting games however if McKernan struggles especially. He has played that 2nd ruck/forward spot before.

Having said all that I have no idea to the inner workings down West Lakes so its a bit of an educated stab in the dark lol

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

"banking on a good season with Sex on the Beach"

And if it doesn't work out trade 'em. These two should hold their value better than anyone.

9. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

How buried is Bailey in the Hawks list? Any shot?

10. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Bailey's knee swells up if he even looks at a football. I'm staying away.

11. Migs

Migs New Member

I've got Fraser at 3 and Keefe at 4. I've got McEvoy at 2 this week. He's going to get a bit of game time with Kosi and Gardiner on the sidelines for a few weeks.

12. Tigerman

Tigerman New Member

Jake Spencer is an emergency? the HeraldSun has him on the interchange bench and the AFL website has him as an emergency??

13. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tigerman on March 25, 2011, 16:56
    Jake Spencer is an emergency? the HeraldSun has him on the interchange bench and the AFL website has him as an emergency??</blockquote>

if i had have known this earlier, i reckon i may have taken the chance with him for this week - and stuck with my original plan of Fraser and JTippett. Im pretty sad with my last minute moves - dropped both these GC rucks, and bought in Seaby and Zack Smith; and keeping keefe as R4.

Ive lost fraser who i reckon would have been great... but who knows really - seaby could end up a better choice.

and ive lost JTippett who i wanted for mpp link after my planned move of bringing in Petrie after his bye. now may need to make two trades to open up the link, which seems pointless... I could have kept JT, but would have had to downgrade Markovic to Pitt - which i didnt want to do.

14. Migs

Migs New Member

McEvoy 78 DT points. That'll do.

15. Thunda

Thunda New Member

I've got Hale as R3 and can swop with Petrie up fwd. Keefe as R4. Gut fill he will get games.

16. NedFlanders

NedFlanders Active Member

Spencer scores very low, and doesn't give you cover for Cox as they share the Rd5 bye. If Jamar copped an injury then Jake would step up, but I don't see him as capable of decent scores.

Petrie switching with Hale seems to be an extravagant use of &#36; to me.

I'm happy with McAuley at R4, Tippet at R3 to switch w Petrie in my forward line during Cox/Sandi bye weeks. I swore I wouldn't do it again after the Tiprat debacle last year, but it seems I have!

17. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Finally after throwing so many players around in these positions I settled on Vickery at R3 & Smith at R4 - although I had thought about Bellchambers as well, but Vickery appears to have better JS atm

18. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

I ended up going with Spencer (MEL) at R3 & Curnow (PA) at R4. Hoping Spencer can play 3 games by round 5 & earn me some &#36; - unlikely though. I chose Curnow just to save some coin.

My plan is to upgrade Spencer to Petrie at round 5 to cover Cox & Sandi's byes, then downgrade a forward cash cow to J Tippett & move Petrie into the forward line between round 7-9.

I left enough &#36; in the bank to facilitate this move but am willing to make a double trade if needed to grab a mid price in form ruck (Warnock, Bellchambers, etc.) - if Petrie isn't scoring well or gets injured again.

19. FunkSoulBrother

FunkSoulBrother Member

Petrie plus Tippett and Smith. I think is the best option presented. Thats what I went with.

Smith would be the only rookie with any sort of JS and he will get on the park if not next week.

R4 is waste anyway and at least I can use Petrie as cover.

BTW this in conjunction with Sex on the Beach

20. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

As above...

No-one ever uses R3, let alone r4 for emergencies... If the big men go down, they get traded out. Petrie to cover from the forward line when they've got he bye...