potential trades after round 1

Discussion in 'AFL' started by eckie79, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

On Goodes, watch his scores at the SCG soar, he knows exactly how to play there, and as the ground is smaller it might be that he gets a run in the mids at home and plays forward when on the bigger grounds.

I would like to see which out of the these mid-priced options returns the greatest returns both cash wise and points wise.
    My list included Missy, Zaharakis, Danger, Yarrran, Duncan up forwards and only 2 made my side.

2. kizza

kizza New Member

@dabombers
    I noticed you left out C.Dawes who managed a lazy 140 on the weekend...

3. dabombers

dabombers Active Member

yeah dawes was another one kizza.

note to self for next year. Trust your own gut and dont read others suggestions on players ready for a breakout....Yarran a good example here.

4. DC

DC Member

Guys dont stress too much about Goodes scoring 60s this week - Need to give him another go.

Correct me if i am wrong but he was on 75 and three quarter time wasnt he?

Dont think he touched it in the last and with the game being so close and not getting involved he lost points.

5. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Why is everyone jumping off Yarran already?

It's his third year on an AFL list and effectively its year 2 for him playing regular senior games. And it was his first week of REAL football where he is playing in a position that is quite foreign to him.

I've got faith he will come good.

Has good skills and is very silky. Just needs to learn to break the tag and when he does...lookout!!!

6. Snert

Snert New Member

WTF happened to Foley. I've been searching the web high and low to see if he's injured, but to no avail. Anyone heard anything?

Otherwise happy with my team and got 2188 and, with JSelwood and Yarran hopefully coming good this week things should improve.

7. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Foley had gastro all week and Hardwick was the tool that knew about this and, a) didn't release any info about it to the public and, b) picked him in the side even though he was still sick. He acknowledged in his post-match media conference that it was a mistake in picking him.

I too had Foley, damnit, if i knew he had gastro I definitely would've gone with Cotchin instead.

On another note, one player that hasn't been discussed yet that I went with (figured he'd be a POD for sure, but was MOST DISAPPOINTING) is Cam Bruce. OOPS!

I'm giving him 1 more week before he's loaded in to the gun and 'magically' becomes Goddard or Enright. If he can't pull out a big score against his old club, especially with Hodge and maybe Guerra and Ellis back in the side (should release Bruce a bit more through half back) then he has no chance.

I also have Everitt and JP Kennedy... and Leigh Brown, whom I am giving the benefit of the doubt to, I will watch them closely. I was happy with Rich WOO HOO! 1 out of 5 aint bad (and by bad, i mean good).

Looking to possibly move across to Dangerfield or Zaharakis from one of the mid rangers, Curnow from Buckley, I might have to pass on Tapscott because I none of my forwards really deserve to be booted, or should be booted (N.Riewoldt, Buddy, Stevie J, Pav/Duncan, Knights, Krakka... Matera/Petrie/Darling)

8. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

Re: Tapscott. Unless I give up on using Petrie in the forward line and just sub him for J Tippett on the bench for the ruck department and keep him as fixed back up for Cox and Ryder. Bringing JTippett in to the forward line where I can trade him for Tapscott. Petrie would be locked in to the 3rd ruck position.

So, what do you guys think of Petrie moving to permanent 3rd ruck and JTippett becoming Tapscott?

9. snoz

snoz Moderator

AchillesII........it has merits. Its a lot of coin sitting in your R3 role, but there are a few others that have done the same, Lucas for one.

Knowing JTipp wont play, I guess you have to weigh up the coin to be made by Petrie Vs Tappy....but then you also lose Petrie as a fwd sub down the round if needed. That maybe what you'll have to give the most thought too.

10. Matty_C

Matty_C New Member

What are the options re: trading John Brown?

I have a forwardline of Riewoldt, Franklin, Pavlich, Krakour, Knights, Petrie, Tapscott, Richardson, Matera and obviously Johno Brown.

I'm still not sold on a lot fo the forwards and I think either of the Sydney boys (Goodes & ROK) carry a fair bit of risk. I can't bring in Rioli as I'll have Franklin & Pavlich missing as well as Petrie heading to the rucks to cover for Sandi. That leaves me with not much else.

I'm pretty happy with everyone else in my team so I have no idea what to do with Browney. I could trade him down to Darling, but then I'd be bleeding points as I'd only have 13 premiums in my side. Should I wait a week and wait for the breakevens knowing I have good cover or should I just hit and hope with a premium?

I'm going for overall but after only scoring 2265 this week I might be out of the race according to most?

11. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

If you're not prepared to deal with Rioli for round 6 I really think Goodes or ROK are your best options, and both good ones I think.

Brad Green would be a nice POD too.

12. @ MattyC

I'd look at Dawes mate, great pre-season and monster round 1 score. Should leave you a bit of extra cash to play with too, and should have pretty consistent feed from the Collingwood mids

13. Manc

Manc New Member

Following Round 1 performances, I'm considering 2 early Rookie trades.

1. Tapscott for Richardson / Matera (after Round 2) - only if Tapscott scores well again in Rd 2 and Richardson / Matera produce average scores. I'm scared of not having Tapscott! My other forwards include 5 guns, Knights, Krakour and Darling (can't afford to upgrade Darling to Tapscott).

2. McKernan for Duigan (after Round 3) - Duigan's price will have increased, but McKernan will still have his starting price (due to the Rd 2 bye). I'll make a bit of cash and also think McKernan may be a better long term cow (especially with a bye already out the way). My other backs are 5 guns and Otten, Lower, Stanley and Toy.

I really think the key to this season is getting the rookies right at the start, let their prices rise until about just over halfway through the season, then start upgrading to Premiums who have already had both byes.

My Rd 1 score was 2318 so I'm reluctant to change, but I think I might regret letting Tapscott and McKernan go.

Comments would be much appreciated.

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Maric ~ For what its worth, dont do either.

You cant have ALL the rooks, its impossible, and there were 24 to debut last w/end. After one week its impossible to think that Tappy will score higher and thus be a better cow than Richo & Matera.

Duigan, at this early stage, actually looks like a better cow than McKernan...who could be on the outs when Tippett returns.

15. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

@mattyc

What about jack riewoldt?

16. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Dazza beat me to it - Mattyc - Jack Roo would surely be under consideration...

17. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

This is for DT only...

Selwood > Swan (was hoping he had a slow start and could get him cheaply in round 3)

Will bring Selwood back in around 4 weeks time when his value has dropped.

Yes it is a waste of 2 trades but was kind of expecting to blow atleast one trade early for Swan. If Selwood plays this week and scores under 80 his value will drop a fair bit I reckon.

Thoughts?

18. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

If Cam Bruce fails again this weekend against his former team, would it be advisable to kick that old bugger to the curb? or keep him because he's a supposed premium and he's not injured?

19. AchillesII

AchillesII New Member

<blockquote>Quote from martyg on March 30, 2011, 12:39
    This is for DT only...

Selwood > Swan (was hoping he had a slow start and could get him cheaply in round 3)

Will bring Selwood back in around 4 weeks time when his value has dropped.

Yes it is a waste of 2 trades but was kind of expecting to blow atleast one trade early for Swan. If Selwood plays this week and scores under 80 his value will drop a fair bit I reckon.

Thoughts?</blockquote>

'waste' is an understatement. I definitely would advise against that, just keep your trades.

Not opposed to picking up Swan whenever you're able to, but Selwood only copped that 27 for round 1, therefore assuming he goes back to his normal high possession self in round 2 and/or 3, he'll only be dropping in price by a mere 30-50k and using a trade to save such a small amuont of money is really not worth it.