seeing what difference good trades make

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TheTassieHawk, Mar 10, 2011.

1. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Thanks eckie - nice review!

I'm interested to know what setups the higher teams went with. I assume the lower teams stuck with Gibbs as VC to make use of the partial lockout exploit. Looks like it was just as simple as picking Darling over Richardson?

Well, I was one of "The 5" and this setup had Swan as captain, used Conca's 61 from thursday night and Lower's 110 instead of Duigan.

Just letting you know that I went up against Channel4NewsTeam last week and they had a completely different team.

2. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

I was above 'the 5' just! and had swan as captain, otten on the bench (scored 8 more the duigan), pittard on the mid bench (scored 7 more than bewick) and richardson on the fwd bench (scoring 6 more than goodes). So our highest possible team score was 2400 though if anyone had richardson on the field over Goodes i would be shocked. So the realistic highest score for the 33 was 2394 which interestingly no one hit!

3. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

I had the setup as mentioned by Julz except for Pittard, who was my mid emo.

That team should have been a 2400+ for most of us, if only Goodes and Buddy lived up to expectations...

4. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

wow, so that was a 400 point swing with the exact same team! That's freaking huge! Reckon you could post a link to both of these teams cause I'm looking to write a post on the importance of bench/captain selection and think that this is a fantastic example of it!

5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah it was pretty amazing the spread of scores, I really thought everyone would have one or two values of scores for the round.

Now things get interesting....

6. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

It will be interesting this week with Otten being the only player not playing due to the bye, so the could be quite a large variance of scores this week with such a large number of players being potentially available.

I personally can't wait to see the results post round 2.

7. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

walesy, I played against the lowest scorer - the reason for the spread was that he (and the other guy) didn't pick a captain or put the GC players on the bench. From memory, he copped four zeroes from the GCs. The lowest score of someone who (seemingly) picked a proper team was 2193. Still, that is nearly 200 point spread.

8. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

actually the team with 2193 didnt seem to understand the concept and didnt have the same starting 33. So the next team up was 2208 giving a spead of 180.

9. walesy

Nice guys, still- a decent spread! Reckon you could post a link to those two teams?

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

11. Shenanigans

Shenanigans New Member

the teams will come up the same in those links as it just lists the 33, not the starting 22.

I got 2387 - my 22:

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, H.Shaw, Grimes, Otten, Lower (Duigan, Toy, Hibberd)

Mids: Swan, Judd, Montagna, Conca, Heppell, Bewick (Harris, Pittard, D.Swallow)

Rucks: Sandilands, Cox (Z.Smith, Keeffe)

Fwds: N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Rioli, Goodes, Sylvia, A.Krakouer, Darling (Matera, Richardson, Prestia)

12. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

You should specify who you had as captain too.

13. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

I'm assuming shennanigans/team ramrod had swan as captain. He beat me by 8 points and his only differnece is he had otten on field over Duigan. they had a difference of 8 points. So captain choice must have been the same as me.

14. walesy

Beautiful mate, cheers.

15. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

@ Anthak - thanks for doing that. I was going to post those links, I've just been snowed under at work.

@ Walesy - sorry it took so long. i did email them to you, but i should have checked here first! haha :)

16. eckie79

eckie79 New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Julz88 on March 29, 2011, 23:54
    actually the team with 2193 didnt seem to understand the concept and didnt have the same starting 33. So the next team up was 2208 giving a spead of 180. </blockquote>

I didn't even notice that Julz!!!

I was just looking at his team, thinking that maybe he had made 2 trades since the completion of round 1...but there are about 5 or 6 different changes.

He now has Broughton, Stevens and Buckley in the back lines, Pendles, and Selwood in the mids, and Tapscott, Stevie J, J Brown (haha) an Petrie in the forwards.

Well thats 9 changes. Luckily, he still scored a semi reasonable score, so it hasn't done too much damage!

17. Julz88

Julz88 New Member

Can't wait to see if people have made any trades.
    I can't stop tossing and turning about camptain and starting selections this week! The permaC and proven rooks or taking a risk for greater reward (or failure)!!
    For some reason in this team I am wanting to go more the risky option seeming as there is so little sperating us (i'm normally always on the PermaC etc) but not sure if i've got the guts to take the risk!

18. meataxe

meataxe Guest

You gotta back your judgment and trading ability mate, let others take the leap of faith off the edge!

19. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

i'm a bit like Julz very trigger happy but will do some trades next week (prob 1 mid/fwd and 1 mid rookie) and keep swan as permacapt for now. meataxes advice is probably not far off the mark but keep in mind that team ramrod is on top despite having no emgs last week so probably no need to overthink things just yet!!

2368 for me last week - this week hibberd as def / heppel as mid (as per last week) - changes to 22 - ins = swallow, harris, matera - outs = bewick, pittard, richardson

def = lower as d6, duigan as d7 (toy as emg, otten, hibberd)

mids = swallow as m5, harris as m6, (bewick as emg, conca, pittard)

fwds = krak as f6, matera as f7, (darling as emg, richardson, prestia)

My thinking is duigan should do OK against GC and Richardson should struggle coming back from the West and against the Pies pressure. GC's interchnage meant Toy seems a bit risky to be named D6 and Prestia gets shaded as EMG.

Anyone else keen to share theirs?

TTH

20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

mine very similar to yours mate. I reckon most will have almost identicle lists this week. Possibly only 1 contentious spot and that is F7.