Pre Rd 3 Trades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Holey, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Holey

Holey Moderator Staff Member

What round 3 fix-up trades are you considering for your side? Whilst only just in the top 10,000, I feel I only have one glaring omission from my team.

Will be going the Atley-Curnow trade, which with only $1k in the bank remains possible.

Will be holding onto premiums that have started slow, and the remainder of my rookies are scoring well.

2. stowie

stowie Moderator

I'm thinking of nabbing Curnow as well, but I do wonder how he'll go against the Pies. Robbie Tarrant is the other one I'm kinda interested in, but will see how Otten goes this week.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

Holey probs do the same trade atley not getting the job done, not convinced on Curnow but the money he will make me next week

4. Bettsy

Bettsy New Member

Yeah Atley was my last player picked, I didnt know who to pick. So Curnow will come in for him. Depends what happens today and during the week though.I dont think Mclean played yesterday for the Bullants either.

5. The_General

The_General Member

I think anyone who hasn't got Curnow has to consider it now. 2 tons, price to go through the roof and can you really take the risk of not getting him and then he turns into Barlow?

For me it will probably need to be Bewick=>Curnow.

6. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

foley=>Curnow
    Boyd=>Swan
    I'm Happy, 150k in the bank for a nice upgrade for curnow or yarran in a few weeks.

Still no injuries, what a dif a year makes!

7. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

None for me this week, unless I move Yarran along but think I'll be holding onto him at this stage...

8. Fez

Fez Moderator

Don't talk so soon whitey

9. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on April 3, 2011, 13:25
    Don't talk so soon whitey</blockquote>

i'm tempting fate with this comment I know.

Looking forward to Friday night, be a cracker. Tough supporting Swan & Pendles against my team but oh well.

10. austin

austin New Member

Like others I'm considering trading in Cunrow, the problem is who for: Bewick? Libba? Prestia? These guys aren't exactly doing badly though, so it might not be worth it. Thoughts?

11. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Curnow and Libba for mine. Atley to go and not sure if I'll trade out Conca (and make more money) or Hibberd.

Probably stick with Hibberd and trade Conca. Like Conca, but Libba's performances and price too good to ignore

12. GlenS

GlenS New Member

Darren Jolly is already a concern for me! But, he should play every week, and score reasonably. But, he is starting slow again, just like 2010. Not sure whether to dump him or hang onto him for Robbie Warnock, or a similarly priced ruckman.

13. soups

soups New Member

the only trade I was considering was

Atley -> Liberatore or Curnow

It is most definitely a side-ways trade, hwoever can one of these be justified if it allows a cashcow to moo faster or louder.

What are peoples thoughts?

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Well Libba scoring 127 has put a twist in the trading world... Only players I could trade for him are Conca or Krakwhore.... Concerned that Kraks could be a regular sub or them.

Also thinking a Yarran to OKeefe trade is a real possibility...

15. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

wish i had of made a trade rd1. to swan or not to swan. tapscott or not.

16. Daveo

Daveo Member

atley to curnow for me and also took a punt on everitt which with 2 sub 50 scores must go but who for ? Otten will net cash and he has now had 1 bye.

17. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Not sold on Curnow, Ellard will be back in soon I imagine and will be the preferred option I think, but Libba will be hard to ignore.....

18. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Libba > Curnow for mine. Bewick could be getting the chop this week.

But for the first time ever this year my SC team doesn't actually *need* any R3 fix-up trades. Bewick will still go moo so I might not jump on the Libba sideways trade after all. Probably wait until just before lockout to finally decide.

If anyone doesn't have Tapscott, surely he must be picked up. Just that I haven't seen his name mentioned much in this thread to date.

19. Drifter74

Drifter74 New Member

Johnson, Ellard was available this week but named emergency. Wont be far away, but also a player in form wont be "unlucky to be dropped" just to get him back.

Have Libba, so for me it's either Bewick to Curnow, or Hibberd to Curnow and lose the Def/Mid DP for now.

Bewicks DT/SC ratio been woeful last two weeks, but at least is getting the ball, and shouldn't be dropped from that rabble.

20. Johnson

Johnson Active Member

Ellard travelled with the team so is very close to selection, perhaps Curnow won't come out for him to come back.