Trading & League Byes

Discussion in 'AFL' started by claxy, Apr 4, 2011.

1. claxy

claxy New Member

Given that Rounds 4,5,6,16 & 19 are the league bye rounds, for us mere mortals (who are focussing on League wins) has anyone put any thought into trading or not trading during that period?? My initial thoughts were an emphatic no, the risk of injury during a bye game would far outweigh any possible benefits. However missing out on a cash cow rookie (esp in that extended early bye period) could be season defining....

2. DC

DC Member

Great question.

Last year i was going for a league win (Cash Prize) and i was still able to complete 2 trades before round 3 to jump on a rookie i missed and also made trades to get a particular player into my team even though i new i would beat the person i was playing that week in my league.

Just make sure later in the season you are not trading in players that will not be taking part in the finals eg North/Gee/Car/Ess

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

and keep enough trades for finals unless you really need to make top4 or top8 !!

4. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

for my league team this year, i'm trading down. Gonna trade down Boak and someone else...potentially Roo.

Cop the loss round 3...have 2 extra cash cows go up...then come end round 6 cash 2 in for 2 prems (have left over cash)
    Come end round 7, do the same...