What Should I Do?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by whufc, Apr 5, 2011.

1. whufc

whufc New Member

I have scored around the 2300 in the first two weeks but i have Mitch Morton and Mitch Duncan in my forward line.

Should i trade Mitch Duncan for Jack Darling and then upgrade Mitch Morton for Matthew Pavlich.

Should i do this before players values change or should i hold off one week, or not bother at all.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Stick with them.
    Morton can improve but at worst should hold his ground. Duncan looks pretty decent, again should hold ground or improve slightly.

Then you use your rookies (hopefully you have a few cooking somewhere) to upgrade these guys into fallen forwards in about 4 rounds time.

With the midrange players, you can use the fact they already have the value to then upgrade sooner.

It's the lesser acknowledged GMR strategy, and I think it's still got some life in it.

I'm using it to an extent with Krakouer, Otten and Ward, trying to get a quicker upgrade by a week, while enjoying more points than I would otherwise have got with a rookie (well that was the theory).

Practially all these three have lost me ground in the first 3 weeks, but I'm not convinced it's all bad news just yet.

So yeah stick is my advice, and upgrade as soon as you can to a premium.

3. whufc

whufc New Member

Yeah i have Heppell, Liberatore, Duigan, Lower, Otten, Lester, Markovic, D.Stanley, Prestia, D.Harris, D.Swallow, Richardson and Krakouer

Who would you class as premium in the forward line, i already have N.Riewoldt, Rioli, S.Johnson and Goodes, what player would you be looking to upgrade to.

4. Lucas

Whoever is best fit when the rookies mature.

Could be anyone really.

Chapman / Didak / Higgins / J Riewoldt / ROK / Pav

The list goes on.

Of these guys some will be cheap for a week and you get on and ride them home.

Buy low sell high. That's the trading game.

5. ThommoDees

ThommoDees New Member

Franklin, ROK, J Roo & Pavlich would be who I'd be looking at @whufc

6. whufc

whufc New Member

thanks for the advice i think i will hold this week but watch pavlich smash a 100+ out this week.

7. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

Yeah I'd hold whufc. You picked them for a reason, and 2 games is a bit harsh to get rid of them, unless they were really spudding it, which they're not.

You'll have a whole range of different forwards that you could pick off during the year. Its a marathon remember.

8. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Hi guys,
    I have boak, rockliff, Mitchell in mid but don't have swan...I have cash in the bank do should I upgrade one of these boys to swannie, if so which one?

9. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

jojo, i'd lean towards rockliff, as I'd still reckon boak has the improve in him. Only if you have to choose one.

Depending if going for league or overall, you could go downgrading one of them to a rook.

A rookie will go up about 200K. I can't see swannie's price going up 200K and you get to pocket some extra cash. But thats if you're going for league win.

10. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Thanks, I'm just worried with swan getting a price rise of 50-100,000 n then not being able to afford him later....

11. Lucas

That's why we all got him to start with.

We saw the Pies early draw thought geez that's going to make our team weaker in balance so we are going to have to risk more with rookies, but in the end we took the plunge.

If you didn't (and I only very late brought Swan in) then I feel sorry for you. Nothing you can do, the train's not coming back to the station. It's gone.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

newbie question on price rises. I read the "rules" in SC and DT and, maybe because of my training, I am unsure whether prices change every three weeks a player could play or every three weeks he plays.

For example, I have Selwood is he coming up to his third potential game (mised one because of injury) or his second game?
    Is it be different from Hibberd, not picked though available?

Hope that makes sense
    regards
    chels

13. lezyeoh

lezyeoh New Member

chels,
    it works on games they played.
    So for selwood, he will play next week and his price won't change. Come round 4, when he plays his 3rd game, his price will changer after that.

With hibberd as he hasn't played anything, he ain't moving anywhere.

14. graeme

graeme Guest

many thanks lezyeoh, much appreciated amigo. Let's hope Selwood does play!
    regards
    chels